RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Accessories modifying offensive elemental attributes?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I've set up an additional accessory slot called 'Weapon Attachments'. I wanted these to be accessories that could add elemental attributes and other things to your weapons, but *facepalm* they give you defensive bonuses instead.  I know, I'm stupid. 
I thought maybe giving the items in question auto-states with the right elements would work instead but blarg, those are defensive as well.
Is there a way to change this up so that it'd work as I intend it to? 

Rep:
Level 87
What are you like at scripting?  You could make a mod to the attack_effect routine in the Game_Battler3 script to allow for accessories to modify a weapon's power/elemental attributes.  You'd probably also have to do something to stop the defensive effect of the accessories too.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 82
I am that I am.
I can't really help you with your query, sorry,  but I do have a suggestion with your name "weapon attachments", maybe "augmentations" sounds a little more interesting? You could then use the items for armor if you so chose and don't have to change the name, plus what they ultimately do is augment your equipment rather than just attach ;)
As a dog returns to his vomit so too does a fool to his folly.