RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Golden Age of Game Making?

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I337 pwn5 y0u.
Golden Age huh?
I would have to say RPG Maker 2 (PS2) era's was a (unnoticed?) one. It was the first RPG Maker to include 3D graphics, and all in all it looked like a 3D version of VX. It included scripts, and seeing that most of the stuff needed people to program stuff into the scripts, it encouraged LEARNING!! A lot of creative stuff could be recreated with RPG Maker 2 (I think some one on youtube mimicked Final Fantasy Tatics with it). But seeing that there was no real way of sharing your game with the internet (well not supported by Enterbrain anyway) this sadly went unnoticed (except for a crapload of videos on YouTube).

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Phh, console rpg makers are stupid.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I337 pwn5 y0u.
Phh, console rpg makers are stupid.
Though some PC makers could learn a thing or too from them.
(Like encoruaging the use of scripts like RPG Maker 2 did)

Rep:
Level 88
Golden Age huh?
I would have to say RPG Maker 2 (PS2) era's was a (unnoticed?) one. It was the first RPG Maker to include 3D graphics, and all in all it looked like a 3D version of VX. It included scripts, and seeing that most of the stuff needed people to program stuff into the scripts, it encouraged LEARNING!! A lot of creative stuff could be recreated with RPG Maker 2 (I think some one on youtube mimicked Final Fantasy Tatics with it). But seeing that there was no real way of sharing your game with the internet (well not supported by Enterbrain anyway) this sadly went unnoticed (except for a crapload of videos on YouTube).
Unnoticed? Yes. Golden Age? No.

Being 3D does not make a game creation program a good game creation program.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
how did i miss this .-.

Yes, i do consider the 2k3 age to be the golden age for the simple reason of that being the time when i hung out around gaming world and played 2k3 games. I remember some 2k games, actually, and they were even more retarded then the previously mentioned XP retarded games. Well, you actually always have RPG maker retards, they're a plauge.

*cough*

anyways you all know my preferences. I still think when Gaming world was up and running, so was the 2k3 community although it was probably more concentrated on other sites -_o

Spoiler for:
Oh yeah, GW closed a little bit after XP was announced and PK was dominant.
Spoiler for:
Come to think of it, XP might have been more of a golden age for the simple reason that it separated the folks who really are pirates at heart and the folks who think, "well now that there's an official translation i might as well get that." I wasn't there because i lost touch with RPG maker on the internet after GW died, but think of the changes that must have taken place D8"

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Oh yeah, GW closed a little bit after XP was announced and PK was dominant.

wrong!
GamingW is still alive and kicking even when XP was alive, they even had script boards, that's where RPG (Cowlol) and co were dumping scripts, they closed down the main site for GW6's coming, which is now live and up running!

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I thought they only had a blog -_o

also, they closed soon after XP was running around, they hadn't uploaded any actual XP games by then (Mostly due to the fact that half of the moderators had quit, or something like that, thus blocking any incoming projects from happening in GW -_o)

So it was never really a RPGXP site.

Also, i never really hung around the forums, which was really my bad. I was young(er). please don't shoot me  ;9

Well, let's revise that other point. it was never an RPGXP site, it was an RPGXP forum.

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Uh what, for the past 4 years, GW was never focused on rpgmaker only, it's separated, it has GM and etc. Mostly rm2k/3 a few moving to XP, but it doesn't mean it died since the XP forum was active at that time with Shadowtext and RPG, it was never an XP site, nor did it ever shut down and you maybe believe it or not, but more people are using Rm2k3 than XP :V

It was active more as a forum, just last year they created a blog to compensate for the mainsite, this year they released gw6. What are you saying? There are lots of games in GW, it never died.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
It was active more as a forum, just last year they created a blog to compensate for the mainsite, this year they released gw6. What are you saying? There are lots of games in GW, it never died.

it did for me  ;9

also i shall have to check out GW6, I gave up hope like, three years ago .-.

Uh what, for the past 4 years, GW was never focused on rpgmaker only, it's separated, it has GM and etc. Mostly rm2k/3 a few moving to XP, but it doesn't mean it died since the XP forum was active at that time with Shadowtext and RPG, it was never an XP site, nor did it ever shut down and you maybe believe it or not, but more people are using Rm2k3 than XP :V

point taken, i know game maker was dominant, forgive me for focusing on RPG maker whilst we are on an RPG maker forum  :mad:

Spoiler for:
yes nessy i am mad now   :mad:

;9

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Alright, i've looked at GW6, they've done a good job :mad:

i especially like the look of those lite-C tutorials, i may actually jump upon that bandwagon  :mad:

thank you for informing me of GW6  :mad:

Spoiler for:
I'm still mad, forgive me, i probably should have put this in the previous post but me looking at GW6 seemed to deserve a double-post  :mad:

Rep:
Level 85
Kitkatan what are you saying O_o
Rpgmaker games are IN the forum not on the mainsite, the lite-c tutorials are for those who doesn't like to do rpgmaker games

GW6 now is focused on game design articles and tutorials, go look at the forum not at the mainsite when you haven't visited it for like 3 years now

Also GM was never dominant, what are you saying

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I never said i made sense ._.

All i'm saying is that my experience in the rm2k3 golden age revolved around me being like, ten and going on the Gaming World mainsite as a 2k3 user right up to the point it crashed into non-updating oblivion. I never cared much for gamemaker, i tried it out and never really got used to it, and i ignored most of the other gamemakers unless a cool game for another gamemaker came out. After GW stopped updating their mainsite i didn't bother with the forums, so i never got any of those RMXP scripts you were on about before. I got mad at you because you kept on going on about little things in my post when all i was trying to do was explain my view on the real game making golden age.

seemingly little things. I can't even remember why i got pissed off at you before -_o

Also, the GM maker thing was because GW claimed that game maker was their domanant maker, and i thought that's what you had mentioned before.

Rep:
Level 85
I just corrected your GW is dead and you got angry?

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I'm a very unreasonable person ._.

i don't think that's the exact reason, i think i was just getting exasperated -_o