RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Boss music (rm2k)

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
How do I make a boss have boss music without there being a little delay as it reads the event? I would like to know as I am making a beginner project. ;)

Rep:
Level 88
EVIL DOGGY!!!! CATS RULE!
When you make the event, Change the Battle Music to the desired music before you actually enter the battle. So when you are on the map and you are having a little talk with the boss throwing insults at each other make sure just before the boss encounter you change Battle Music to the Boss fight Music.
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!
WHY DID YOU LOOK!!! YOU DISOBEDIENT FOOL

I have another question. How do I check for a switch in a script of an event? I have an event where talking to someone flips a switch that allows a character to join your party. The thing is, I don't want it to reappear every time I talk to that person. I want to make it check for  that switch so I don't have to worry about it.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
after the player is in your party use a conditional branch to check for a switch or character, or maybe a variable.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah that's the easiest way I know of
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!

Huh. No matter where I put the music in the events before the battle, it just instantly reverts to the normal battle music.
A little help here?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
post a screenshot of your event page for us to see your mistake/
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
You beat me to it, Nouman...

There's the pic.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
You need to choose "Change System BGM", Choose "Battle", and the music.

Not "Play BGM"

Rep:
Level 88
Yep that's how you do it. If you Select 'Play BGM' it plays it outside of battle. If you select 'change system BGM' that's where it will play it in the battle. Hope this topic is resolved now
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!