RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Parallel Battle Animations

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm not much of a scripter but I have a lot of ideas for them, it makes me feel like a moocher but none the less, here is my request.

What I think would be cool is a sort of parallel battle animation. And what I mean by that is an animation that stays up while the battle continues. The reason I got this idea is because I had been playing Dragon Age and was like, would you look at that, he's frozen. So I thought It would be snazzy if I could have an animation such as freezing stay on the enemy target for as long as its state lasts. Again, I'm no scripter but I think logical thinking can outline how I think it could be done: Let's say the skill begins a state. In the script it tells you to change the note of the skill to "script.Parallel" that makes it so the skill has the effect. But, now in the script there is one of those " 12=> 23" thingies where you list stuff. But here, the 12 would be the skill's number in the database and the 23 would be when the frame would hold. When the state ends, the pause does as well. I don't know if that makes any sense, but that's all there is to it from my range of knowledge.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Language, language.

It sounds like he wants to pause an animation when a skill plays at a specified frame and resume it once the state it inflicts ends.

It's certainly possible, though it's slightly more nuanced than you suggest; Integrating it into the battle system in an intelligent way would take some time. I'm afraid that I probably won't help you here, but another scripter might have the time.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:25:12 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Just knowing it's possible is enough.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, possible should be qualified. By default, only one animation can be played on a sprite at any given time. Since you would want animations to play on the battler even while the state is applied (such as a regular attack), the scripter would need to find a way to play more than one animation on the bad guy's graphic at once. In effect, this means it is not as quick a task as you would like. Ultimately, there are a couple ways to do it, some less work than others (like making a new Sprite_Base object). It's certainly not insurmountable, but you also need a scripter who has some experience if you want it done right.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Seems like quite the challenge especially since I had to read your replies multiple times. My friend is pretty good with scripting, I'm not completely certain he could pull it off, but I'm not going to give up on this that easily. Thanks for the info bro.