RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Key Input problem

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I have several weapons in my game that can be used on maps, and I've noticed that if I hit a direction key and the shift key (it's the key that I made trigger the usage of the weapon) at the exact same time, the character will move in that direction while performing the animation of using the weapon (btw I'm using RPG Maker 2003).

It looks goofy, having them basically "slide" in whatever direction was pressed while performing the animation of swinging the hammer.  It also and causes other problems...

I have the hammer made as a Common Event.  Its Trigger Switch is "holding hammer", and its Trigger is "Parallel Process".

The first line is a Key Input Process, and only "shift" is checked (I don't have "Store Key Code in" set to anything, which I'm guessing is part of what I need to do). 

I also have "Wait Until Key Pressed" checked, but "Store Amount of Time it Takes to Press Key" is not checked. 

After that, there is a move event with two "waits", so that you can't move or swing the hammer again until the animation stops. 

And of course after that I have Conditional Branches that are set to "If Sprite is facing Left", then Change Sprite Association to "UsingHammer".  Next, Show Battle Animation "Hammer Left/Right/Up/Down" (depending on which direction you're facing), and finally Change Sprite Association to "HeroNormal". 

Does anyone know how to make it so that if I press a direction key and the shift key at the same exact time, you perform the animation but don't actually take a step?  Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!   :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:22:05 PM by Zeriab »