RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
good idea for skill-based abs's

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I'm basically Yoda's brother
if yuo are using an active battle system (abs), and your game is based on skills, or you just want the sp to regenerate fast, you can do this!

you can edit the rate that he regenerates:
- increase the wait frames to make him regen slower
- increase the 500, that is being divided, to make him regen less sp
- decrease the500, that is being divided, to make him regen more sp
- change the gain sp command to gain hp, to make him regenerate hp instead of sp.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:45:25 AM by fadark »

just so everyone knows, im 15 years old.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
There is no need to use labels.
The trigger is on Parallel Process so it will loop.

Also if Arshes Max SP is less than 500 then no SP will be gained

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Also, wouldn't wouldn't waiting one frame continuously make it look like lag and wouldn't you just regenerate mana like crazy? ??? That's just a guess.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
There is no need to use labels.
The trigger is on Parallel Process so it will loop.

Also if Arshes Max SP is less than 500 then no SP will be gained
then you would do one of my edit's:

Also, wouldn't wouldn't waiting one frame continuously make it look like lag and wouldn't you just regenerate mana like crazy? ??? That's just a guess.
nope, i tested it out.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Try setting it to like 5-10 frames.

Also, there is probably a better way to do this, but here:
Couldn't you just reset the step count to zero every time you stop walking, and then only when your not walking regain health...? The only thing is, I'm trying to figure out how to reset step count. Could someone help?
Cause I tried modding and sub the steps via variables, but that didn't do it.

Rep:
Level 92
There still is a minimum of 1 sp per frame.
Can you extend the system so you can get less than 1 sp per frame while still actually getting the sp?
I can help you if you need some help with this ^_^

@Mexneto:
Control variables -> Other -> Steps
There you can the steps count.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
@Mexneto:
Control variables -> Other -> Steps
There you can the steps count.

I know that, I did that, but I want to reset the step count every time you stop moving.
I'll have mess around with it more in the morning, because it's being slow right now. (rmxp)

Rep:
Level 92
I don't know why you would want to do that, but I guess you can just use this call script:

Code: [Select]
$game_system.steps = 0
Note: I haven't tested it

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
but then the sp will go up every half a second or so. my way makes it so it goes up rapidly without stoping.

Couldn't you just reset the step count to zero every time you stop walking, and then only when your not walking regain health...? The only thing is, I'm trying to figure out how to reset step count. Could someone help?
but then if you stop walking, you wouldn't regen.

here still is a minimum of 1 sp per frame.
Can you extend the system so you can get less than 1 sp per frame while still actually getting the sp?
you can make the frame rate more, so it regens slower. but why would you need it to go slower than 1 sp every frame?

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
Couldn't you just reset the step count to zero every time you stop walking, and then only when your not walking regain health...?

I like that idea.  I'm off to see what I can think of for that. :o

@ Fadark

Nice attempt, it could be improved upon a bit though.  I'll reply back when I can better explain what I mean.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
but then the sp will go up every half a second or so. my way makes it so it goes up rapidly without stoping.

but then if you stop walking, you wouldn't regen.

here still is a minimum of 1 sp per frame.
you can make the frame rate more, so it regens slower. but why would you need it to go slower than 1 sp every frame?

The 5-10 frames means you don't regain rapidly, so it's more natural.
And it makes it so you can rapidly use skils like heal out in the open.

Couldn't you just reset the step count to zero every time you stop walking, and then only when your not walking regain health...?

I like that idea.  I'm off to see what I can think of for that. :o

Yeah, so it sets your steps when you walk, but when you're not walking, you heal.

Rep:
Level 92

Some people don't like when the hero's stats are too high and there they could have like 40-50 sp. 1 sp per frame is very VERY much then.
Either way. What meant was that you should change the event so it also works if the hero have less than 500 sp without changing the speed with which you gain sp when you have above 500 sp.
As an added bonus you could include a way to change the dividend based on a variable to allow control of how much sp regen their is per turn.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
As an added bonus you could include a way to change the dividend based on a variable to allow control of how much sp regen their is per turn.

- decrease the500, that is being divided, to make him regen

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Hmm...with the slower and idle idea (mine) you gainn more that just one hp/sp, you gain like 8 or something...

Rep:
Level 92

- decrease the500, that is being divided, to make him regen
I meant at runtime. (I thought this was obvious >_<)
For example. You divide with 500 before talking to a NPC and divide with 600 after talking to the NPC.
How would you change the system so you can do this?

Also... What about the other stuff I said?