RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mining Engine Problem HELP!!!! (NOOB)

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
ok im making a mining engine and ive successfully made the rock in which you mine. it gives you Ore if you have a certain amout of strength and if you get the random number right.

BUT

during an attempt to make a ore melter (turns ore into a bar). ive been having lots of trouble. i need to know how to make a variable that does this.

Code: [Select]
<>Variable [#XXXX: IronOre] = = the amount of ore held

how can i do this!

this is my Mining Event:

this is my Ore melter event:

Hopefully you can help!

PS. im using the Postality Knight Edition

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks

I know the phrasing doesn't sound right. But it does what you need.
Variable Operation -> Item Possessed

ill try but doesnt that just do the function even if you only have one of the object.

for my engine you must have 30 ore to make 1 bar and if i do

wont it just count for one of the ore?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
The first one is for the mining, the second for making bars.

You can assign the variables before or after the choices, or as I said you can have them in a seperate parallel event. (having one before and one after in the mining event is just me being sloppy.)

thanks it works great now... i got to make fishing, cooking, blacksmithing, hunting, and sorcery engines!

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
wow thats really cool how you did that!

P.S did you use any script?

Quote from: Eclipse
thanks it works great now... i got to make fishing, cooking, blacksmithing, hunting, and sorcery engines!

Oh if you need any help can i help you?Im the master at making skills like that!