RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sacred Earth: Bonds II

Rep:
Level 90

~STORY~

" A few days have passed since the siblings Veili, Gunnar, Maron, and Melodia traversed the Tower of Souls. Now, they have found out that their parents are sending them to a prestigious magic academy halfway across the world. All was well and good, they generally thought that it was an interesting prospect and took it up.

On the AirCraft ride however, things don't go so smoothly, due to a stupid engineering mistake on part of the crew, an engine is blown, which rocks the AirCraft. Throwing the group overboard to free fall through the open skies.

Veili wakes up in the wilderness much later. Not exactly sure of where she is. She seems to be alone as far as she knows. What's worse is, they lost their ship! Now they'll be late to the schools opening ceremony and could face being barred from attending!

With her goal set in mind, Veili checks herself and then rushes off. One, to find her siblings and friends. Two, to rush halfway across the world to Valdis Academy before the opening ceremony takes place in ten day's time. Will they make it? What silly escapades will they face?"

~VISUALS~

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Spoiler for Concept Art:

~RECRUITMENT~

Why recruit? While I can do the majority of this myself, I think that it would be beneficial to spread it out a little. I'll still be doing most of the work, but having others around to do stuff can only help.

--------Open Positions--------

-Absolutely needed-
Scripter: The scripter(s) are required to create a CMS, along with other stat growth related systems since leveling is not present. A CBS is not exactly required, but it would be nice. I do have a public system lined up otherwise. Only some small edits would be needed. This is probably the most work heavy position since all the systems need to be in place to begin with. I will do my best to support with graphics and explanations.

-Not all that needed, but nice otherwise-
Mapper: I can do this myself, but one extra person creating extra areas can only help, right? Mapping will only be focuses on by episode.

Spriter: There is no need for this position to be filled, but if you want to help out here, then be my guest. Work is based on each episode, so rather than focus on the whole game, we'll focus on the graphics that each episode may require.

Writer: Any writing oriented person that joins in can look over the story and offer their own opinions and suggestions for changes, pacing, and anything else. There is an indefinite amount of episodes. But writing review will be handled by each episode. There are four episodes written so far, so the writer can look ahead if they wish.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The previous game: http://sacredearthbonds.blogspot.com/

~CLOSING~

I can be contacted through the following means

AIM: Skiefortress
MSN/Email: Skiefort@hotmail.com
PMs here

Thank you for reading and I hope you consider helping out. The game is based on relatively short episodes so it shouldn't take too long to get something playable out there in the end.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:43:09 PM by Skie Fortress »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It sounds pretty interesting. I would be willing to do some scripting, but it sounds like a pretty major commitment and I have a lot of work to do, both for school and for scripting projects, so I don't think I'll be able to say yes to that part. Still, if there's something small you need done, don't hesitate to contact me.

Rep:
Level 90
Ah, I see. Well thank you for your interest. I'll keep it in mind.

Rep:
Level 85
This is MORTRED. the phantom assassin
Looks like a cool game. although i cannot help you on anything due on my hectic schedule at work, i will just wait and check this game once it is finish.