RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
This is now a Scary Games Thread!

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

I got this game yesterday and it's addicting but horrifying. I was talking to Namkcor while going through the Water Monster part and I probably didn't type a single thing that wasn't in all caps.
Spoiler for:
Anyways I'm stuck at the prison part because there are so many god damn monsters everywhere and I can't hide fast enough

Who else has played this game?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:09:13 PM by Doctor Swordopolis »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I saw these Youtube videos of kids pissing their pants while playing it but it wasn't very scary at all when I did.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Did you play it at night with headphones on? And did you play the whole game?
Also parts you've already seen aren't that scary, like the first time I saw a servant grunt I wasn't scared.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I played it at night but I never use headphones. I quit playing because I got bored. I don't think I got to a part I had seen.

Keep in mind, I get scared when enemies comes out of nowhere in Fallout 3.

Rep:
Level 102
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk though. It's technically mindblowing and polished for being an indie game. I just didn't find it scary at all and I'm usually a pansy.

Rep:
Level 97
I don't know it's weird for me, because I usually don't get scared. The only games that have gotten close are Dead Space the first time I ever played it and Resident Evil 4 whenever you first encountered Regenerators and Iron Maidens. This game makes me scared to progress. Also Irock did you even make it to the Water Horror? Because that's where the game first gets scary/fun.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I never got to play... Can you run it said I passed with flying colors but when I open it up, Dark Descent doesn't let me start and gives me error messages despite me turning all the settings down...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
this game is scurry :C

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its totally scary with headphones, and I believe this is the second topic of this nature.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Also parts you've already seen aren't that scary, like the first time I saw a servant grunt I wasn't scared.
and yet you posted a picture.

Rep:
Level 84
I have it. There was only one part where I was scared to the point my hands froze up. It was enjoyable. I actually did it with a friend, I played, he watched. He was more scared than I was.

Also, I HATED the dungeon part. Giant maze to me with monsters everywhere!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm playing Singularity right now, too, and I had no idea that it was going to be as frightening as it is. There are a lot of "things jumping out at you" parts, and with headphones, it startles the crap out of me.

Rep:
Level 97
Whoops sorry if it is the second topic, don't recall the first.
Therefore this topic is now a scary game general.

and yet you posted a picture.

Well I can't really post a picture of the water horror, so they will suffice ;o

Rep:
Level 84
Well I can't really post a picture of the water horror, so they will suffice ;o
How about a picture of a Brute instead?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The scariest thing in this thread so far is Irock.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The scariest thing in this thread so far is Irock.

this isn't supposed to be a comedy thread.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I really enjoyed singularity, even if it is basically a bioshock clone.

Rep:
Level 94
Singularity is an everything clone. It reminds me of Darksiders in that respect. It took the good bits of every FPS, the way Darksiders took the good bits of 3rd-person action games. It does it well, though, and I'm also enjoying it. The storyline is particularly entertaining, and I like the variety of ways that its exposed to you. The "Loose Change" styled video that you get from the briefcase was pretty awesome.