RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Macs are getting Source games, it seems

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/03/03/teaser.hints.at.portal.team.fortress.2/

Kind of a little old now but nobody else reported it here despite the several macfags running around.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Old news.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Old news.
One of the games could be Portal 2, which was announced earlier today.

It has co-op

Hopefully it and Episode 3 are the same thing because I'm sick of waiting.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Wow they did not wait long for that ARG game to really kick in.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It's still kind of going. The release of Portal 2 had some letters underlined that spelled out a username and password for the BBS. I think they'll dick around with a bit more still.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Oh yeah, I was going to post about the Portal ARG when it first came out, but I forgot. :|

Anyhow, it's pretty cool that they're making Source OS X compatible; I can finally play games with my good for nuttin brother! :D

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Steam would pretty much make a shit ton of money from this anyways. They'd basically control the stronghold of games for mac, since they'd be like the only ones with games.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Steam would pretty much make a shit ton of money from this anyways. They'd basically control the stronghold of games for mac, since they'd be like the only ones with games.

this
it's a great business decision, and it makes me happy that I could play more than WoW without rebooting, especially since HL2, TF2, L4D/2, and Portal are some of my favorite games (and I want a mac >_>)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I'd rather boot up in Windows 7, honestly.
It's kind of nice having more of a physical divide between my games (on Windows 7) and my work (on OSX). Since I have to take an extra step to play games, I'm less inclined to start playing them when I should be doing work, lol.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I couldn't be bothered rewriting this so here's an article from destructoid!
http://www.destructoid.com/steam-confirmed-for-mac-valve-games-coming-in-april-166230.phtml
You probably knew it was coming, but that doesn't make this confirmation any less exciting. Valve went all out with an information dump today, saying more than just "Steam and Source are coming to Mac."

For starters, there's this new feature called Steam Play. Essentially, it's the thing that lets you purchase games for PC and play them on your Mac (or vice versa) at no additional cost.

To make matters crazier, Steam Play -- when the developer opts to include it -- allows you to switch between Mac and PC versions of the same game without losing any progress; you can pick up exactly where you left off.

Expect to see all Valve games simultaneously launch on PC, Mac, and Xbox 360 -- Portal 2 will be the first one to hit PC/Mac on the same day. Valve also says the two platforms will be connected through multiplayer, and all updates will hit simultaneously as well.

Finally, Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Portal, and the Half-Life series will be available for Mac in April. See, I told you this was more than a simple confirmation!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
That sounds really cool.
> April.

Early fools' joke?  I sure hope not.

I'd rather boot up in Windows 7, honestly.
It's kind of nice having more of a physical divide between my games (on Windows 7) and my work (on OSX). Since I have to take an extra step to play games, I'm less inclined to start playing them when I should be doing work, lol.

Most of the time, my work is games :P

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
If it's a matter of just developers choosing if to program and release them for Mac, chances are this is going to remain very under-used by the developers and stay as Source games only.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
If it's a matter of just developers choosing if to program and release them for Mac, chances are this is going to remain very under-used by the developers and stay as Source games only.

Wellllllllllll possibly.

It might be that VALVe figured out a system similar to Crossover Games which allows them to be run without changing code at all.  (not all games, but they have a pretty good representation of popular titles)

If they mad Steam for Mac into some sort of system similar to that, then any source game could be run on a Mac.  (doubtful, it's likely just that the source engine is being ported to Mac, but I can dream)

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It wouldn't really be a problem if game developers just stopped using DirectX.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It wouldn't really be a problem if game developers just stopped using DirectX.

that'd solve one half of the problem.
the other half is that they'd still be using C# and OSX doesn't run with C# (mainly because Micro$haft developed C#).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:46:31 AM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
that'd solve one half of the problem.
the other half is that they'd still be using C# and OSX doesn't run with C# (mainly because Micro$haft developed C#).

MONO