RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rumors of a Valve Console

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
http://kotaku.com/5890183/rumor-maybe-valve-really-is-making-a-console?popular=true

It sounds basically like a media center PC that you can hook up to any TV or monitor, and play games through. It will be upgradeable, and it will be open OEM, so more than one manufacturer will make them.

I don't know about this personally. I love Valve, but I already have a PC. I guess its cool, but I don't know. Wait and see.

Rep:
Level 58
Some days I dream that I exist as a mollusk.
Valve

seriously

screw consoles

make

half

life

all

friggin

ready

Rep:
Level 60
I don't know about this personally. I love Valve, but I already have a PC. I guess its cool, but I don't know. Wait and see.

That never stopped Roku boxes from being popular. ;)

Of course, if Valve is really making a console, their target audience would, of course, be gamers, not streaming media consumers... who likely already have PC access and Steam, so... I guess I'm not entirely sure what the point of a Valve console would be, unless it's a cheaper alternative to higher-end hardware exclusively for games or something along those lines.

So yeah, "wait and see" sounds like the best advice for now. Especially considering it doesn't seem like a sure thing in any case. :P

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The point is to kick back on the soda and play some gamez.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Kick back on the soda? But yeah, you can do that with a PC. You just need to plug it into a tv.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
sure if you use a controller, or have a custom made stand like those hospital tray tables that works with your couch for your keyboard and mouse.

Rep:
Level 94
Yeah? The new Valve console uses a controller, too. But those tray table things are neat. When I get my big screen TV, I might have to invest in one of those.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Kick back on the soda? But yeah, you can do that with a PC. You just need to plug it into a tv.
It's still a little tricky unless you have a wireless mouse and keyboard. Steam announced a while ago their big picture mode for Steam, which I imagine can be navigated with a controller and will be released before or alongside this console (if it exists).