RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[ Importing ] Battlers Help

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
The Dreamer
I've tried all the file types Rpg Maker Vx would work with, but the background will always  be that bright black of despair. Png and Bmp could open the transparency window, but neither would work with the selected transparent color (I even chose "clear"). Jpeg would just go on without the transparency window and keep the background black. I've never had this problem on Vx before in my life, any resolutions? Please answer as quick as possible. Like said, the Back grounds are black and I also used an Image File Type converter to convert the image type.

Sample of Battler Used:

If you can recognize that, don't say a thing, I'm still crediting.

If this in the wrong forum, don't go all rage and crap. Just move it if you can in the right forum, thanks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:50:29 AM by Dorieku »
[div align=right]
[/div]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
have you used the built-in importer, and then left and right clicked the black background?  That usually does it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

The Dreamer
have you used the built-in importer, and then left and right clicked the black background?  That usually does it.

Yeah, I did. It just never does the trick.

I just tried again this morning and it didn't work :(
[div align=right]
[/div]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Try pasting this file in directly - I think the problem might have been that that black was not all one shade of black, so it wasn't able to make the whole thing transparent. I got rid of it altogether though, so it should work now.

What you need to do for the others is go into an image editing program, preferably one that has a magic wand tool for which you can select tolerance, and either make the background totally transparent in that or at the very least, change the background so that it is all one shade, and then use the importing tool to remove it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:00:50 PM by modern algebra »

The Dreamer
Wouldn't it work although if I just set it to a different BG color? It'll take awhile to do your 3 step plan on 104 images  :=:

I believe the pictures were transparent before, because I opened up Paint and had to rotate the way they were facing, and paint normally effects the transparency I guess.

Edit: I'm in depression, because after doing 104 files and 40 minutes, It gave that ugly black spray things next to the unit. I used GIMP and used the magic wand, and it showed that it got rid of all the black. Then when I imported the files, it had the ugly black pixelated stuff on it. :(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:21:59 PM by Dorieku »
[div align=right]
[/div]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I've never heard of this happening before.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That's very strange. Can you upload your project and let me see if I can't fix it?

The Dreamer
You should have gotten the PM consisting the battlers. If you truly need to get the game, it should be about 878 MB  ???
[div align=right]
[/div]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
how do you manage 878mb of RPG Maker game?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
There's actually only two minutes of game. The rest is just massive resource mountains. :V

The Dreamer
How did you I don't even...

It will be much more if I continue it with the battlers that MA may fix. I still have 220 GB left, so I won't mind that much  :rk:
[div align=right]
[/div]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
That's ludicrous.
Seriously, how do you manage that much data in an RPG Maker game?

The Dreamer
This is actually on average for me, since I like to add scripts, resources, etc.
[div align=right]
[/div]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm still failing to see where 800MB are coming into play.
Scripts are text files, tiny, kilobytes each.

Images...dear god I have a 391 file wallpaper folder full of .jpeg and .png and it's only 320MB, how the hell many resources do you have in your game?  Is it full of mp3's that you intend to use?  That's still a LOT of mp3 files...

And if you have 800MB of resources in your game, you're probably A) not using it all, B) NEVER going to use it all and C) will have the most disjointed and unrelated art/music styles ever, making your game look like a total trash heap.

There is no good reason for a 2d RPG Maker game to almost take up 1GB of hard drive space.  If it was a top-notch 3d 20 hour game made with Unreal then sure, maybe, but an RPG Maker game?  Damn dude that's just crazy.

Just throwing every song/picture/script into a game that happens to look cool isn't going to make the end product good at all.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
I wasn't going to mention anything, but I'm glad you said it NAMKCOR. I probably would've collapsed into insults.

The sample battler isn't loading for me, but before I could see JPG artefacts. There is your transparency problem. (I didn't post before because I was lazy.)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
In seriousness unrelated to your original topic intent, I'd suggest taking a look through your folders (in particularly your audio folders) and seeing what you have and what you really need. 878 MB is really just ridiculous no matter how you look at it, and almost no one in their right mind is going to bother to wait that long for a RPG Maker game to download.

Make a copy of your game, and go through deleting things you know you're not using and not likely to use. Then go through seeing if you really need some of the files. Having an MP3 file that's 10 MB and used for only a 30 second cutscene is just not worth it. Then, go through yet again and see if you can reduce the sizes with corner cuts and conversions, like making the MP3 files into OGG files, non-important images from PNG to JPG and whatnot.

Edit: In relation to your battler transparency... check your file to see if it's Indexed or RBG, and if the file type is PNG. Then check what your transparency is set to in the RMVX options. If you have the original files that were already transparent in the Windows Preview or whatever, then you can probably just go ahead and manually put them in your game folders instead of importing them.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:04:42 AM by Zylos »

The Dreamer
I tried the game on my house computer, which only has 22 GB left (I deleted the game afterwards testing), and it only took a second to load up...

I have to admit I might have a ludicrous amount of BG's, but I don't have glossy pictures or anything else related to pictures, not even a title screen yet... so I have to delete some MP3s.

Btw, 878 MB is worth of the whole gamefolder, not the game itself, it hat makes a difference.
[div align=right]
[/div]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Your entire game folder is what gets compressed and included in your file, which means that anything you don't use will be included, and that's not good for people with limited bandwidth (like Australia :V ). My advice is to check which ones you need, and which ones you can use something like Audacity for to turn into OGG files. OGG works better anyways, smoother loops.

And did you find anything more about the battlers?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I tried the game on my house computer, which only has 22 GB left (I deleted the game afterwards testing), and it only took a second to load up...

I have to admit I might have a ludicrous amount of BG's, but I don't have glossy pictures or anything else related to pictures, not even a title screen yet... so I have to delete some MP3s.

Btw, 878 MB is worth of the whole gamefolder, not the game itself, it hat makes a difference.

It has nothing to do with loading times and everything to do with nobody is going to download 1GB of RPG Maker.

News flash, you don't just give people the .exe to your game, you have to give them the resources you used inside the game as well, meaning as Zylos said, everything in your game folder will be compressed, even all of the files you don't even use because you have a mountain of resources.

Protip: keep all of your resources in one place, and copy into the game folder only the ones you use for the game.  AND -ONLY- THE ONES THAT ARE USED.  You'll see a DRAMATIC drop in filesize.

Rep:
Level 97
@Dorieku - you didn't do what I asked you to do; I wanted you to send me the versions that you did in GIMP that you claimed didn't work - with the stuff you sent me, the black BG still isn't one colour. Once I get rid of all that stuff and save it as png, it imports into RMVX fine. I'm not going to do it for you though.

The Dreamer
@Dorieku - you didn't do what I asked you to do; I wanted you to send me the versions that you did in GIMP that you claimed didn't work - with the stuff you sent me, the black BG still isn't one colour. Once I get rid of all that stuff and save it as png, it imports into RMVX fine. I'm not going to do it for you though.

I see, I must haven't read over your post too many times. Hope you didn't do too much editing into them, I might as well try it again, thanks.

Unless you didn't check, the ones in the folder I suppose was named BMP or JPEG (either way, I remember files worked with RPGVX), they were edited in GIMP and made transparent. Did you try importing those in RPGVX?

Btw, this thread can be closed now.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 10:40:52 PM by Dorieku »
[div align=right]
[/div]

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
BMPs.

No wonder the filesize is so freaking huge. And why VX isn't doing transparency.

The Dreamer
BMPs.

No wonder the filesize is so freaking huge. And why VX isn't doing transparency.

To me it opens up... if I mentioned in my first post it mentioned BMP didn't work, somethings up.
[div align=right]
[/div]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
8 bit PNG, or 32 bit PNG with transparency already made with Photoshop or GIMP or whatever you use. 32 bit is bigger though, so keep that for things that you want to have multiple transparency levels. e.g soft shadows.