RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Trial Key RPGMAKER XP

Rep:
Level 85
IT IS ALIVE
Hey there Guys / Girls

OK no one seems to have the issue i do here with the Trial Key lol so here goes

Check 1: Internet connection (Checked connected and Stable)
Check 2: Administrator mode when running in Vista or XP (Tried running as a Admin on both my vista and XP terminals)
Check 3: ?????? i have no idea lol

OK i cant connect to the server to get the Trial key for RPGMAKER XP im pritty sure its due to the firewall restrictions instilled by our routers here, i manage to get around them for net usage etc by proxying through TOR... (NO NOT ILLEGAL it was approved by my network admins after they cought me ;D hehehe i dont abuse the connection so was permitted to keep the applet etc.) and anyway i cant configure RPGMaker to use the proxy bypass seeming as it just wants the connection.

so does ANYONE have any idea of maybe where the trial key value is stored or if there is a way to download the trial key from the site directly????
Saru mo kikara Ochiru
English:Even Monkeys will fall from Trees

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
the trial does not require a key once it runs out you need to buy it.

Rep:
Level 85
IT IS ALIVE
The initial running of RPGMaker XP actually logs into the NTitles server at enterbrain and gets a trial key, if you install it on a system without any internet connection you'll find this. the same happens with VX but been hearing alot of hype around XP and people that prefer it so wanna try it before i decide to buy it, I'm a south african, $40 is gas for the month for me hahahaha :D
Saru mo kikara Ochiru

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i have never been asked to get a trail key when using a trial edito of rpgmakerxp

Rep:
Level 85
IT IS ALIVE
hehehe na it def happens seen the problem a few times with peeps that have firewalls or no net connection hey, it doesnt ask it just gets the first time its loaded.

the Error EXACTLY is
"Failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTitles Server"

Screeny attached :D
Saru mo kikara Ochiru

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
usually people fix this by running as admin, idk if that'll help you though
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 85
IT IS ALIVE
Thanks Rabit, Sadly it doesnt hey, got my hands on VX seems for some reason it goes through the proxy for some bezaar reason.

I managed to load this onto my laptop and got a temp connection at a Cyber Cafe, found where everything goes etc (Key wise) but havent found a way to get around the annoyance of it not using my stable connection, OH well thanks for everyones assist, IF you find a solution please let me know though, i still want to load this on my local machine and its giving the same K@K
Saru mo kikara Ochiru

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Drop me a PM some time- I actually have a way of getting around this.