RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Murder Mystery

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
This is a more complex game I remember playing at another forum once. You are given a murder case, and from the clues you collect, you must determine who the murderer is. You may ask the person who posted the case any question you want (within reason), but you must ask as if you were actually in the case. You can’t just ask “What’s this character’s motive to kill the victim?”, you have to be more subtle. Try asking something like “What’s this character’s connection to the victim?” or “Is there anything noteworthy in that character’s room?”, and just press for details until you find a motive or clue on your own.

The only rules are that you cannot accuse a character unless you have a plausible explanation as to how and why they did it, and you are not allowed to ask stupid questions that do not relate to the case (the one who posts the case reserves the right not to answer a question if he thinks it’s inappropriate). Also, you may only ask one question at a time. The case is over when the person who posted the case confirms that someone got the right answer or if the case remains unsolved after 5 days.

I'll start the first case.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
The first case:

There are three people invited to stay with an old friend at his mansion for the weekend. The man’s name is Ethan Grossman, a high-priced private investigator, and his guests are his former classmates from DTI, the Detective Training Institute.

The first guest is Manuel Caruso, a shady but intelligent PI with some major financial problems. The second guest is Rick Murphy, a nerdy PI who’s better suited for using a computer to track down culprits. The third and last guest is Emily Stanford, a dedicated PI with both brains and beauty.

When the guests enter the mansion, they are awed by the luxury of the place. Marble busts and paintings worth thousands decorate the halls. The floor is tiled with fine mosaic tiles, and silk curtains flutter at every window. There even is a service elevator so that if someone didn’t want to walk upstairs, they could simply ride the elevator instead.

Later that evening, they all have dinner together and talk about the good times they had while they were still at school. After dinner, the three guests say goodnight to their host and go one by one upstairs to their bedrooms, leaving Ethan by himself in the dining room. That was the last anyone saw of him.

The next morning, Ethan’s dead body is found in the elevator on the first floor. His neck has been snapped in two…

This is where you come in. Ask questions to find out who did it, and how it was done.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I'll start with Manuel, k?
(btw good idea, one of the very few good ones you ever had XD)

WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF FRIDAY THE FOURTEENTH!

You got brains and you are facing financial problems, MR MANUEL, so i suggest you tell the truth before i keelhall ya. After you left Eddy Mc Freddy at the dining table and went up with the others, what did you do?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Manuel claims that after he finished dinner, he went up to his bedroom like everyone else and immediately went to sleep since he was feeling tired. However, he cannot prove this alibi. He could easily have gone downstairs anytime after the others had gone to bed.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Okkayyy.

you liar..

Okay, lets assume you were sleeping. Any suspicious Noises that woke you up, Maulo?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Well that sucks..

I still think you're lying, Freddy, but i'll get some proof against you!

now lets MOVE to emily.

Hey Babe, you got the brains so you would know how to snap a neck in two, right?
Also, what did you do after you went upstairs.
Three, did you hear or see any suspicious things?
Whats your favorite color?

And, aren't there any servants or someguys like that?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Emily also claims that she went straight to bed and did not wake up until morning. She heard nothing during the night.

Oddly enough, Ethan gave his servants the weekend off. There was no one else in the mansion.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Hmm..
Now lets move on to Ricky...

Ricky, what did you do after going up/ any suspicious noises etc.. (same questions except the fav. color)

Btw, can 2 ppl be the victims, or does it have to be only one of them?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Rick claims that he read a book for a little while, but he soon felt too drowsy to continue and went to sleep. He also heard nothing during the night.

And I think you meant to ask if there can be multiple murderers, since there can be only one victim. The answer is yes, it is possible for there to be more than one murderer.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
The worst part is i cant question Eddy Mc Freddy.

he;s dead you see

I ask all three this question:

What do you think of the other two guests? Could they have a motive?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Manuel: "I don't know much about Rick after we left DTI, but I wouldn't think he's the type to do murder. Emily, on the other hand, I think she's strong-willed enough to do it. I can't say that I know anything for sure, but I suspect that there may have been something going on between Ethan and Emily..."

Rick: "Emily was always a sweet person at DTI. She's strong, but I don't think she would do it. I think Manuel did it. Methods never mattered to him, only the end result. That's probably why most of Manuel's clients went over to Ethan instead..."

Emily: "Manuel's a shady character, but don't let Rick's 'nerdiness' fool you. I happen to know for a fact that Rick actually worked for Ethan ever since we left DTI. I heard that he was treated like dirt too, and never got any credit for his work..."

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
All Three:

How did he invite you? Did he sent an invitation to all or did you just come along

Or were only two of you invited and one was there just for fun?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
All three recieved a formal invitation from Ethan in the mail.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
welll....

I think all three did it, but i have no reason...Can i take a look at the elevator plx?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The elevator itself is only a little larger than your average closet, so there wasn't much room for more than one person. There is a grate on the elevator ceiling for emergency exits. You can see quite clearly into the elevator shaft through the grate. There are three buttons in the elevator: 1st floor, 2nd floor, and basement. When the body was found in the morning, the elevator had stopped on the first floor.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I join in. =]

What was each suspect's connection to the victim, both at school, and following?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
At school, they were all merely friends, nothing more. Ethan was the brightest student and easily the top of his class. He often liked to show off to his friends that he was smarter than they were.

After graduating, they each went on to start their own detective agency. Ethan was by far the most successful of them. After a short period of time, Rick found himself without any clients and unable to pay the bills, so he went to work for Ethan Grossman's agency instead. Despite his friendship with Ethan, Ethan almost never gave Rick any credit, and paid him peanuts for his work.

Emily's agency was also unsuccessful, and she soon found herself with the same problem as Rick. But rather than going to work for Ethan, she instead married a wealthy businessman. She kept in touch with Ethan and even occationally went out to dinner with him for old time's sake. She is now divorced and currently trying to gain some finances to restart her own detective agency.

Unlike the others, Manuel was successful enough to keep his agency running, but only barely. Most of his potential clients went to Ethan's agency instead of his, and you can't get any money if you don't have any clients. A sort of rivalry grew between him and Ethan, but unlike Emily and Rick, he had not seen Ethan or the others before coming to the mansion for the weekend.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Did Ethan have any reason to commit suicide?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Possibly. His health was pretty bad. He couldn't even walk up his own stairs, hence why he had an elevator installed in the first place. But his detective agency was still very successful, and he was still in the middle of many cases.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Rick's a bastard and doesn't understand anything- i'd love if someone paid me peanuts.

Can i take a look at the guests rooms?

also...
Asking to all three of em:

Was Ethan looking worried and was any two other invited looking all...weird?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
There's not much in Manuel's room. His closet is filled with shaby clothes, but that's to be expected when you're practically bankrupt. Nothing out of the ordinary can be found in his room.

Rick's room is nice and tidy, the kind of room that a "neat freak" would have. But one thing did stand out though: there was a revolver tucked in his suitcase. It's an odd thing to bring to a weekend reunion. An even stranger fact is that no fingerprints can be found on the gun. When asked about the gun, Rick claims that he never saw it before.

Emily's room is also fairly clean. There was only one thing noticable in her room: one of her bathrobes was missing it's belt. She claims that the belt was there when she came to the mansion, and is quite sure that she had it before going to sleep on the night of the murder.

All three guests agree that the other guests acted normal, but they also agreed that Ethan seemed a bit...odd. He didn't look worried, and his personality was quite the same as always. But there was something about him that seemed different than how they remembered him at DTI, although none of them can put their finger on exactly what it was.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
rick may have the intention of killing but what a bastard he is that he didn;t ;-;

Emily: Do you have any way to prove that the "belt" was there when you were sleeping?

do you beleive in..the boogey manr?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
There is no way prove that the belt was there before she went to sleep.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Emily couldn't have hidden the gun, she got the brains. Either Rick is lying or Mauley did it.

Or eddy mc freddy's ghost did it.

Ricky ma man, ma muscular hulk hogaaaan- do you have any proof that this gun isn't yours and you have never seen it before?
Arlen is hot.