RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What's the Worst Program You've Ever Used?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
My vote goes to Finale, because it's a rickety, poorly-programmed, over-complicated, overbearing, buggy piece of shit.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I generally hate all those programs (and there are many) made by noobs who are just learning to program or sleazy twits and create some fake "corporation" image for themselves, and then offer trials of stuff that they want you to pay $76 or whatever ridiculous price for considering what the piece of shit actually does.

Stuff like, say a "flash ripper". All it literally does it go through a page on a site, find links / embedded objects of the filetype ".swf" and present them to you, touting that it's "ripped" or "hacked" or whatever.

WHAT
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 07:55:15 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
Before in Finale I was getting an error every time I opened the window where you put in where you want playback to start, among other things. It wouldn't let me change anything and gave me this retarded "PLEASE USE A NUMBER 1 OR 0" for this repeat thing. IT WAS A FUCKING 1! I EVEN CHANGED IT TO 0 AND YOU STILL COMPLAINED. Thanks to this error, it basically means that I'll never be able to play that piece from the first bar ever again in the files existence on my hard drive, since I can't save the changes I made in the window.

And now, for some reason, I can't get Garritan's Personal Orchestra instruments to play. They installed correctly. All 1 GB of the goddamn files are there. They just don't work!

And I can only use the program on this computer for 30 days because, even though I payed fucking $300 for the program (Yes, I actually bought it) I can still only use it on ONE COMPUTER AT A TIME. I actually have to hook my laptop up to the internet, open finale, and fucking "DEAUTHORIZE" IT in order to validate the Finale I installed on my desktop.

For a program I payed so much fucking money for, it shouldn't have retarded little problems like this, and I should be able to use it however the fuck I want to.  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
sounds like you have alot of rage there.

Worst program? Ummm...

Hm...

RMXP?  :tpg:

I dunno.  Idon't usually use programs unless there are good reviews for it...

...yes, I'm shallow like that. Sometimes.

So then, basically picking, I'd have to say the least-advanced (worst), is Paint, even though said program is still completely functional and useful. It just needs layers. And opacity.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Nooo. Why I love paint is it's absolute simplicity and total non bloatness.

If you want those things, use a program designed for that. Paint.NET is pretty good, and is a nice compromise between barebones MS Paint and behemoth Bloatoshop.
bringing sexy back

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
ah, thanks.

Is it better than Graphics Gale? (which is what I'm currently experimenting with).

I didn't mean its simplicity is bad, I was just saying that sometimes other features are more useful. Although, it's always nice to be able to take credit for a complex piece of pixel art done solely in paint.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
ANY serif product i started out creating a website with these when i was quite young. the software soon didnt work and hellp support were less then helpful :(.

not sure it clasifys as a program but windows add or remove programs is horrible. :(

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
REAL player ;9

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
internet explorer.

Rep:
Level 96
REAL player ;9
ooooh! Good one! I hate RealPlayer with a passion.

They're so unpopular and un-used, it's to the point where if someone puts up a .rm file on the internet, it's actually an INCONVENIENCE because then people have to go out of their way to download all this extra crap just to use it, when they could have, I dunno, just stuck to a file format that every standardized media player can already handle.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Trillian was pretty fucking horrible.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
im with zypher trillian was crap, at first i liked it, then it disconnected and never worked again -_-.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
REAL player ;9
ooooh! Good one! I hate RealPlayer with a passion.

They're so unpopular and un-used, it's to the point where if someone puts up a .rm file on the internet, it's actually an INCONVENIENCE because then people have to go out of their way to download all this extra crap just to use it, when they could have, I dunno, just stuck to a file format that every standardized media player can already handle.

AMEN!

Rep:
Level 88
I hate IE. It sucks compared to the godly Firefox.
OMG I have bad karma!

Rep:
Level 87
 :lol:PAP 4 :lol: its sucks

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Whats PAP4 ?_?

Edited for Arlen
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 07:36:12 AM by Dr_Swordopolis »

Rep:
Level 96
spam my thread and die

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
AIM and Yahoo Messenger :mad: :mad:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Game Maker 7.

God, that thing sucked. It was so much "freedom," it made it too hard to create a simple game. Something a bit easier. :O
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
I don't think that makes the program "bad", it makes you a noob for not having a clue in using it.

It'd be like somebody getting TabIt but complaining, saying it's "shit" because they can't write anything decent in it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 03:31:23 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
solution: frooty loops LOL

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Well, I know how to use Game Maker, it is a matter that I hate going through the tediousness of assigning what each and every thing must do. The matter of doing it with EVERYTHING gets so obnoxious I quit using it.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Mine would have to be Photoshop CS2....

The only reason why I'm using it is cause it has the history brush...why don't they have that on Elements 2.0? ;_;

~Winged

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
there are a few that i really hate

outlook express
firefox
quicktime
gimp

gimp has crappy features and theres like 4 diffrent windows

firefox is the slowest browser that i have ever used

quicktime is crap compared to windows media player

outlook express is a useless program that just takes up space. JUST USE AOL MAIL!!!

but the WORST program in the world is AVAST it made my computer so much slower.(until i deleted it)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 01:31:56 AM by mitoz »