RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The New Adventure: ARSHES

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
ARSHES is the a collaborative event where people were asked to create a map or more in three days, submit their creations to be combined in a very random and light hearted game.

Story

It's an unknown year in an unknown world, probably called Gaia or Terra. The hero is none other than the descendant of Alex, Arshes RTPson,.However, unlike his ancestor who saved many towns and vanquished many foes, Arshes is just another plain adventurer to  many eyes. But a chance has appeared before him, during their trip, Arshes came about into an event that has changed his life forever. But just what is it?

Information

So what do you need in order to be part of this project? The good news is that there are no requirements other than producing something playable, the bad news is that we are bound to a specific product (RPG Maker XP) because it's accessible to the majority of people and because it's pretty easy to link maps together using it. In this iteration, you have up to three days to produce a map (or more) and send it to me along with all the resources you've used.

Your map could be anything, even a 20x15 RTP map with an entrance and an exit.

STEPS

* Open up RPG Maker XP, and make a map or more. One map is recommended but it's okay if you need more. You can have anything you like in the map: a minigame, a cutscene, some puzzles, just a random map, whatever. What you can't have is battles, or anything that involves the database. You can have events (not common events), music, any tileset you like, any resources you need, but not battles, scripts, items, battle animations (unless they're default in RMXP) or skills.

* Once done, send me the game file, along with any resources (tilesets/charsets/pictures/music/sound effects/etc.) you used and put them in a zip/rar/7z file and send it my way (via personal message), that means you'd have to upload the zipped file somewhere. That's all there is :)

Deadline
You can start working on your map as soon as you sign up, the official deadline for accepting maps is the end of Sunday, Marc 15, 2009 (GMT+9:30) You only have up to THREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS to finish your map starting from the day you start working on it, there is no real way to enforce that and I can only trust you guys not to cheat... so keep that in mind and don't ruin the fun!

Participants

Black: Didn't send me their part yet
Blue: I received the part but didn't test it/add it to game yet.
Green: Received and added.
Red: Received but there are problems with entry.

1. Jonesy
2. Shellshocked
3. Emirpoen
4. Modern Algebra
5. deadnub
6. Agent

I hope everyone would participate :)
I just see there's not much activity ._.;
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:57:55 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I'ma enter.

Will work on it this Weekend.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Alright posted you in :3

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
Hm, I'll make a map. :DD

Rep:
Level 84
I'm in. enough said. cant....extend....post...any....longer....

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
OK, I'm in. Any themes I should work with?

Rep:
Level 85
Ok added you guys in!
Also there's no theme, just do whatever you guys want :)

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
Seems weird... count me in! :=:

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
Here's my contribution. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:32:54 AM by ShellShocked »

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Voilá

-Removed the link now. I'm assuming you downloaded it Nessiah?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 01:36:47 AM by Jonesy »

Rep:
Level 85
Received :3
But it'll be nice if it was pm'd instead so it'll be a secret XD

Jonesy yes I downloaded it, also your map is good as it is :)

Also it'll be nice if anyone would make cutscenes or puzzles, it'll be sad if it's just maps that teleport to one and another :<
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 02:48:41 AM by Nessiah »

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Haha XD

I can't help you with this, but i love the concept of Arshes being the descendant of Alex.

SUPPORT D8

Rep:
Level 85
It's for community purposes as it is a collaborative effort. We're not trying to make a serious game but a random and funny one :3

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Funny, therefore I am in. I'll start this around Sat-Sun...

*goes to download xp*
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
Also just something. Arshes doesn't need to be just rtp, you can even change his face, genderbend him, and do whatever!

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I could add dialogue and such if I knew what the basic story would be, otherwise it'd end up as incoherent crap.

Rep:
Level 85
That's the point of the game :D

Here's the event I'm trying to do to this place :)
http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=63890.0
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:07:17 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
So we are supposed to make Dialogue?

What's Arshes personality like? And which order are the maps to be played in :?

Rep:
Level 85
You really don't have to make a dialogue and Arshes' personality depends on you and the orders of the map is what I will decide on :3

Don't worry too much XD
It's just for fun, I recommend looking at the link I posted above and play the game to get the gist of what we're trying to achieve :)

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I'll re-submit mine later than. Cheers for clarification.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
Sorry, I've been occupied with the VX Challenge :( I'll try to get some work done on this today.

Rep:
Level 85
If everyone wants I can extend the deadline as well, it is pretty much bad timing haha...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Luckily we can use our own music ;3

can I have an npc...just to tell our little traveller something?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I'd appreciate an extended deadline, though I do not know if I will be able to make anything so do not extend it for my sake alone.

Rep:
Level 85
Luckily we can use our own music ;3

can I have an npc...just to tell our little traveller something?

Yep, of course! you can do anything :)

Ok then there's going to be an extension. I'll just have to think of the date haha

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Huh. I made one where the graphics were all wrong and looked like ink paintings, and arshes had to restore spritebeauty but..itsucked.

Gimme till sunday, it'll be ready =3
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
Haha that's awesome! I' can't wait for it :)