RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Castorvian Legends --- Current Ver: 0.23

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Like I said, the maps could use some work. I tend to skip over dialog in RPGs, so...can't say anything about story.
But overall, I think you're going kind of hard on yourself; it's still work in progress. You always have time to go back, plus, you're actually working on it! That's more than I can say...  ;8

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
working like a penis eh? I spent like 5 minutes looking to see if there was a filter on some word that turned it into penis, but nope - apparently that was what you intended to write :P

Anyway, good luck.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
This isn't bad, one of the better RPGs I've seen. I haven't yet downloaded it, but from what I'm seeing in the screenshots, I like it. Can't wait to play it, the skill grid intrigues me :).
But from what I've seen in the screenshots, something is just missing in the mapping. Maybe it's too bare, except for the walls themselves, but I need to first try the game, then think what's missing there.

Rep:
Level 87
The price of freedom is steep.
Thanks for all your comments, guys, it really spurs me on to continue.

After the review, I haven't made an awful lot more.  I've started over in the game, redone a lot of the maps and dialoguey events, added about 10 mins to the intro, and I'm quite pleased with what I have, now.  So, for anyone who's interested, the new version will be up as 0.30 soon, with improved mapping and stuffs, improved storyline and eventing, a much more prominent approach to Party Effects, and a lot more NPCs.

Hey, I've tried it, and here's my real feedback.
The game is great, except if somebody wouldn't read the first post about Zusae's wife dying, they wouldn't understand the introduction at all. The maps... Slinturi ticks me off. It looks very... well, you know. Rectangle shape houses that have difference only by the roof's color, huge houses lining the edges of the map except the pathways to other maps... it looks like Slinturi is separated into several small districts. But everything else is fine. Possibly lessening the count of armor in the castle would help.
The battles, well, that's one system I've seen elsewhere, where you can use certain techniques only when you get attacked a certain number of times. I love it. :P The only complaint on battles is that either make them easier, add other types of potions(you know, High/Full/whatever) or make the healing item cost lower. I died while fighting Forcia, and I had little potions to heal myself.
By the way, how do you jump? I didn't manage to find anything in the tutorial about it.
Anyway, this game is amazing. All I can say. Fix some things, and you'll get a really, REALLY great game.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks for the feedback.

The jumping was one thing that Doctor mentioned in his review, along with the idea of the tutorial.  I've removed the tutorial, and added numerous more places for party effects such as jump and strength to be used.

The mapping in Slinturi is slowly being improved (Although I suck at town mapping). 

The battles are in places difficult, I know.  I'm gonna reduce the difficulty slightly, but not an awful lot, as just a few skill grid moves can really make the diifference between a win and a lose.

Then the potions... I know they're expensive for the amount of money you actually find in-game.  But did you think about selling the items enemies drop that you can't use? :P  Rogue leaves, teardrops, etc can all be sold at shops for money to buy healing items, as they have very little other use for now (Some can be traded for new equipment and stuffs).

The introduction's been completely redone now, so it makes it a bit more obvious about what happened.

And, overall, thanks for saying it's an amazing game ^_^

Yeah, I've been selling items to get money, but I didn't get enough of those items. :\ See, I didn't face the required monsters as much as I wanted to.
Town mapping... well, generally, you began great with the houses. They're not bad, you can keep the rectangle shape, but add some uniqueness to several as well. And the sides of the map... you can, instead of using huge houses to line the sides, use, let's say, grass or something that stands out from the streets.

Rep:
Level 87
It's a big city, though, and I had no other way of making a huge wall.  I plan to change it now, and use the auutotile for that instead.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Cannot wait for 0.30! 0.29 was very good.

working like a penis eh? I spent like 5 minutes looking to see if there was a filter on some word that turned it into penis, but nope - apparently that was what you intended to write :P

Anyway, good luck.

XD

Rep:
Level 87
Wasn't actually 0.29, it was 0.23, but I'm doing a big jump after revamping everything.

But thanks =D