RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Castorvian Legends --- Current Ver: 0.23

Rep:
Level 87
The price of freedom is steep.

Current Ver: 0.23

Spoiler for Storyline Synopsis:
In a land of which was said to be entirely protected, security has been breached.

Forcia, a man so powerful and evil that none could ever match his power, sent from a nearby continent to the land of Castorvia has stopped the barrier which prevents monsters from enterring our world and chaos has begun.

A soldier, Zusae, in service of the King volunteers himself for the mission of retrieving information about the bringer of chaos.  After the dramatic murder of his wife some time ago, he believes that keeping himself occupied with such a huge task will help him.

The King tells Zusae to meet up with an associate of his; Solmn.  But after their meeting, things become dramatically worse.  Solmn begins to explain to Zusae how the King is involved in Forcia's plans, and how he has actually been working against his own continent the whole time.......

Spoiler for Characters:
Zusae
Class: Fighter
Weapon: Sword
Synopsis: Zusae has worked in service of the king for over ten years.  At the age of 29, he lost his wife after a mission of his went horribly wrong, and the continent's enemies began to use emotional blackmail against all who opposed them. 

Solmn
Class: Dark Mage
Weapon: Mace
Synopsis: Originally from the continent of Sindra, Solmn came to Castorvia following someone who was associated with a known enemy of the Sindrian Lords.  After completing the mission, he remained in Castorvia after he realised the chaos that was taking place in Forcia's wake.

Athrika
Class: Light Mage
Weapon: Staff
Synopsis: Daughter to the founder of a grand Sindrian city that Athrika never got to see.  She was born in Castorvia, and her mother never wanted her to leave the continent which was supposedly safer than any other.  She met Solmn shortly after he finished the mission that the Sindrian Lords sent him on.

Ariku
Class: Gunner
Weapon: Gun
Synopsis: ?????

Vaune
Class: Lancer
Weapon: Spear
Synopsis: Worked under the King's order in a unit called the Zephyr Group.  He worked with Zusae for many years and so has a friendship with him, and knows how he acts and thinks. 

Spoiler for Screenies:
The menu system:

The menu system during a dungeoni:

The world map, complete with moving head depending on location:

The RTAB:

The Skill Grid (Explained below)

Spoiler for The Skill Grid:
This is the most complicated form of the skill grid you'll ever come accross.

At the end of a battle, you gain four different sets of points.
  • An amount of AP, different for every monster.
  • An amount of SP, different for every monster.
  • An amount of NP, 1 point per monster.
  • An amount of LP, 1 point per monster.

AP (Ability Points) used to learn new abilities.
SP (Stat Points) are used to upgrade stats.
NP (Node Points) are used to gain abilities and upgrade stats.
LP (Lock Points) are used to open Lock Nodes.

Each character has a different Skill Grid, with different abilities and stat upgrades.  However, characters do not have their own point amounts.  All of the points (explained above) are shared by the entire party, thus creating strategy of who you want to learn abilities / upgrade stats.

It's probably easier just for you to try it rather than to explain it...

Spoiler for Credits:
Script Credits
 - Cogwheel
 - Moghunter
 - Minkoff
 - KGC
 - Near Fantastica
 - ccoa
 - Gamebaker
 - Raziel
 - Dargor
 - Blizzard
 - Cowlol
 - Sephirothspawn
 - Momomo
 - Rubymatt
 - DerVVulfman
 - Squall

Graphics Credits
 - RPG Vortex

Gameplay
  Creator
    - Rubymatt
  Testers
    - LiziLOSER
    - Mikeyboy
    - Invincible_Jesskins
  Concept / Advisors
    - Invincible_Jesskins
    - Mikeyboy

Music Credits
 - Rubymatt
 - Takeharu Ishimoto
 - Mikeyboy (Conversion)

Advertising
 Trailer
    - Mikeyboy

Trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8lJYdmvA8

Demo v0.23 download: (FileFactory)
Full Game (Rar file, 40mb)
Latest Additions Only (4mb)

*Latest additions in 0.23 contains only the RGSS archive.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:15:50 PM by Rubymatt »

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
Dibs on first post!! XD!
I like the idea :), but I've got a game I need to play & finish before I download anything else...
The Skill Grid sounds like the Sphere Grid from FFX. I'm guessing that's where you got the idea from...??
I've been looking for a game that implemented that system, I liked FFX's systems a lot...I think it's better than FF12's licence system, which was too easy to complete, especially with the equipment that doubled your ability points.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
The screens look great :D d/l now

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
You should add PickleStudios for the Battlers Pictures. =X Even if one of them is a Mod.

Rep:
Level 87
Thx for the comments.

Also, yes I did take the skill grid idea from FFX, but tweaked it, to make it better.  And more complicated.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I already played this. Awesome. Especially your mapping in caves.

I guess the difficulty depends on your actions on the skill grid. It's challenging, to say the least. I really enjoyed it, and can't wait for the rest :D
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
Pickle is a mod here? O_O

daaaang, thats awesome XD

*Goes off to search*

anyways, I gave it a try, the town map was pretty bad as there was just a bunch of identical houses pasted everywhere with all their doors locked...

The battle system, i used to use it, and so I likes it, plain and simple, the idea of monsters dropping items to sell for profit is always a good wind for me, I'd say just work on your mapping I guess, I didn't play past 3 fights or so in the forest, but the menus were pretty enjoyable.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks.

And I know.  I'm not great at town maps, though my field maps are somewhat better.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This looks pretty cool!  :o

Rep:
Level 87
Big update: 0.20.

Story has been advanced by two whole dungeons.  I've removed as many bugs as I can from the entire game, along with editing the difficulty curve and an extension of the Skill Grid so that people don't run out of nodes too early. 

I also replaced HP and MP Pool abilities with "SelfHeal" and "SelfRestore" as the original abilities effects weren't working at all. 

The new demo can be downloaded at http://www.shadowruby.co.uk/castorvia/CL.zip

Rep:
Level 86
Very interesting, ^_^ 

I do like the Skill Node System; it's rather ingenious and simple at the same time.  Kudos ^^

The game runs a little slow on my computer, which isn't all that great, but I do enjoy the game thus far.  I can only take so much lag though, so I'll play it a half hour or so here and there and let you know what I think as I go along.

So far:

I agree with the town mapping that the others have stated, but I do like the insides of the buildings.  Makes them seem more like an actual house, rather than one huge room. 

The initial plot is a little confusing, to be honest.  I really don't have much of an idea what's going on up until the scene with the king, and it just seems a little...jumpy in general.

I had my own music on, so I can't comment on that at the moment, ^_^;  I'll run through it at a later time without my music though and let you know what I think about it.

The battle system is nice and very straight-forward.  ATB with 'wait' selected, ;)  Might there be a possible 'active' option in the future where the gauge still fills up and enemies keep attacking whilst you decide your action?

I made it to the forest and killed some things, but that's about all for now.  I'll update when I play further ^^  I'm giving it a 8.3/10 so far, though I"m sure the rating would go up if my computer didn't suck, XD  I'm not sure if it lags on other computers though, so that's why I'm withholding points.

Very fun so far ^^

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I will fer sures have to download this!

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks to both.  Leave comments when you play / get further ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
New Download link (v0.22)
Rapidshare
Megaupload

Trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8lJYdmvA8

Updates
  • Extension to gameplay
  • Added some items into the drawer where you get the money at the game's start.  Players who already obtained the money the first time round will be able to now obtain it again, along with the items they missed the first time round.
  • Removed the arena (It was getting overly complicated, and began to bug, stupidly, however, those who've already done some of the arena challenges may still have the number displayed in the Stats Screen.
  • Reduced lag at start of map when music begins
  • A few minor, unimportant edits placed generally around the game.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:15:30 PM by Rubymatt »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
*downloads*
Hope it works on my computer this time :P

Also, I thought your computer and Megaupload didn't get on well with each other?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
Also, I thought your computer and Megaupload didn't get on well with each other?

They don't.  Someone's uploading it there for me with a premium account (I know some people hate rapidshare.)

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Ah, I see.

Anyways, just to let you know, when your Zephyr robot selfdestructs, miraculously, it stays intact and the battle continues. Just thought you should know.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
Damnit...

Reuploading shortly.  Anybody else who's downloaded the old demo will neeed to download this NEW ONE as well.

The whole thing was caused when my computer crashed.  Half my data files were corrupt, including common events, and so the selfdestruct common event was accidentally removed when I used my backup (from about a week earlier)

To sum up, it's fixed in the new demo I'm uploading.  I'll edit the links upon their upload.

Edit: Reuploaded
Rapidshare
Megaupload
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:15:42 PM by Rubymatt »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Sweet! Will download later.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 87
alrighty.  Big bug in the forest village, the theme for it was missing from the audio folder (And I don't know why.)

Anyway, here's the audio file on its own.
Village Theme 2

Right click > save as, or it'll just play it.  Put it in the Audio > BGM folder.

Additionally, another bugfix update will be uploaded soon.  For those who've already downloaded, I'll upload the RGSS archive seperately so you don't have to download all the audio over again.

Regards,
 ~Ruby

Rep:
Level 87
Update: Version 0.23 Release
Click Here if you already downloaded a previous version.  This download simply contains the RGSS Archive.
New full download link coming soon.

Version Additions:
  • Fixed all bugs in the Sorvacia Town Hall.
  • Fixed Oldrae passability bug
  • Mapping improvements in Slinturi.
  • Fixed various problems with the second and third dungeons
  • Fixed various skill grid and worldmap related errors
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:01:32 PM by Rubymatt »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I didn't get too far, but I like it. I thin the maps could be improved, but it's not crucial. I really love the skill nod system, it';s really cool. I think it's a pretty cool game!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
I'll try to dl and play it within the next few days.

Rep:
Level 87
Had an actual review on the game now, at hbgames.org (Hope nobody'll attack me for linkin')

Got a review from "Doctor" (It's ironic, considering this forum's current trend :P), who made some good points overall about the game, and...

Spoiler for If you don't want me to spoil it, don't look.:
He gave me a 5.5 / 10, overall, which I'm happy enough with.

Anyway: Linky: http://www.hbgames.org/forums/index.php?topic=51351.0

To be honest, I agree with him.  Some of his points I didn't agree with (Like a character called Max), but I'm working to improve most of them, starting with the storyline that I've been working like a penis to make it better :P