RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A Tale Of Revenge ( REVIVED AND REBORN!!! ) UPDATED 31/8/2007

Rep:
Level 89
Well what can I say? My computer broke, i lost my windows disc and one of my dogs died...
However I recently stumbled into rpgmaker2003 and saw my progress of this game. I started working on it again and well heck its up and running again! I wont be releasing a demo for a while. But when I do, It will be good :0

Story
-----
Reece is the hero of the tale. He wakes up one day thinking of it like any another...However this day would not be different. This day would be the start of a great adventure...And this day would yeald great pain for our hero - He comes back from his Uncle's Shack thinking all would be fine...However he returns to find his village in shambles, burning within the moonlight. Battling his way up to his house, he enters hoping to find his parents...
His Mom has allready been slain...But in hopes of finding his Dad, he runs to the dojo only  to find a mystical being fighting a what appears to be a Dragon.
The mystical being trys to attack our hero, but the Dragon intervenes...The hero faints...
He wakes up to find himself on top of his father's corpse.

His hear burns with roaring revenge, and he screams for all to hear: " You who have done this to me...Where ever you are...You will pay!!! " The screen turns black and the words A TALE OF REVENGE, appears.

And so...the tale begins.

Characters
----------

More to come soon...

Screenies
---------
Now i bet your all dieing to see some screenies, so take a lookie!

THE NEW WORLD MAP: It's about 90% done just gotta add the stuff on the empty islands and some tid bit islands for chests n'stuff .

Next is Reece's home town SELTA.and the pic that follows IS his home :P

Next is the town called MITHRA and then the pic that follows is the MAYORS HOUSE in MITHRA.

Next is TURONIA

Up next are the SYSTEM colours available to the MAIN hero.

Features
--------
-CMS which contains the follwoing things:
  A)Journal - Here you can look up important features of enemies you have defeated.
  B)Options - Here you can listen to music you have heard in the game as well as adjust other features.
  C)Library - Here you can check up information on all important characters you have met.
  D)Fusion - This is only accesible after you pass a certain point of the game.
     In here you can set up what monster Reece turns into when he goes into battle.
 - Around 25 hours of gameplay.
 - Engaging story
 - Puzzles which require you to think as well as act. These include riddles of poems ( Written by me ) in dungeons,
   and the like.

Well the game is up and running again...WHEN there will be a demo. I can't say. All i know is that I will place update information here.

Peace out
JOSH
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:13:01 PM by rpgmaker »

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Looks good, I love the fact that you are using FSM for the tilesets.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I love your mapping  :D

Nice game...once again, I love your mapping  ;8

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
haha thank you very much. I will be posting a couple more maps up laters, and maybe a battle screenie. Thing is i want to HEAVILY edit the battle system, cause the standard 2k3 aint THAT good. ALso i will be releasing a teaser for yous!

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Awesome...but that means I'd have to download RPG Maker 2003? Someone please remind be the size ><" (Seriously O_o)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Just got the MP3 teaser uploading.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Ahh I see, thought it was gonna be several bits of the game =P

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Well in the intro you will actually see the WHOLE world map...I designed the intro to be like that for a reason. However dont worry, the map thats currently in the game aint the finished product.
ALSO PLEASE COMMENT ON THE INTRO!!!

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
You worldmap rocks, but the big island with nothing at all on it, does that have something with the story to do?

And I love the characters you are using, but it's bugging me that you are using the RTP priest in the save statues.( I belive it's save statues, right?)

Rep:
Level 89
Just to let you know i will be making a custom preist and like i said b4, that empty island has NOTHING to do with the story, i just havent filled it up yet  :P Thanks for the comments.

Rep:
Level 89
Ok, but the part of the world you have done looks wonderfull.

Rep:
Level 89
Hahaha thank you very much...Maybe im not so bad at mappin after all!

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Narrowing Fabrications of an Elusive Mind
Why rpgm2k3?

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 89
For a start 2k3 is free. I dont like the way XP is layed out...Im used to 2k3.
What more can i say???

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
1. Your maps look really nice. They're not incredible, but I really don't have any constructive criticism for them.

2. I'm glad your main character's name isn't Ruth anymore ;8

3. You should make it so your teaser doesn't require the RTP.

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Narrowing Fabrications of an Elusive Mind
Wqas just a simple question. I got my answer so I'm happy. :P

Rep:
Level 89
OK then, I wil reupload the teaser without the RTP.
However has anybody actually watched the teaser yet???

pokeball QigOffline
Rep:
Level 87
Just watched the teaser. Its great, apart from the Phantom of the Opera music.>_>
Working on world of sorrow again.

Rep:
Level 89
 ;8
Im trying to look for an instrumental of it, meaning without the words. Havent found any luck just yet though.
Also QIG how did you like the idea of the system changes??? Its sort of a 50-50 thing meaning if people want it then ill put it in...However if they dont well i wont.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I would watch it but my computer is stacked with games and movies I haven't had the time to download rm2k3. Dang, this looked like a really nice game as well

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Hi again guys! Sorry for the lack of replies...I have recently sprited the main characters karate outfit...Its for the start of the game. I may post some images up later. Also im going to upload an MP3 10 minute demo, which will actually have real gameplay in it.
Thats all for now guys.

Peace out
JOSH

Rep:
Level 89
Any update of the worldmap yet?

Rep:
Level 89
I will be updating it very soon. Thing is though im stacked up at the moment with spritintg. If anybody would like to help me sprite some minor things, then i woudl appriciate it a LOT to the point i would include your name in the credits AND the intro  :)

Peace out-

J Man

Rep:
Level 89
Gonna update the game very soon today with a playable demo, in which you will see about 1/1000 of the world map :P And where you can have a couple of random battles and test out some of the features etc.

I would like to take this opertunity to state that demos will be in MP3 format ONLY, meaning there will be -N-O- midi demos, HOWEVER when the full game is released then i WILL release a midi version too.
Thanks

JOSH