RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Aoi Hoshi [Thread Updated On 8/26/07] [Canceled]

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
Hello everyone. I am currently working on my newest game, Aoi Hoshi. For those of you who don't know Japanese, Aoi Hoshi translates to "Blue Star". (No, the game is not in Japanese).

Story
Spoiler for:
Yuki and Seina are brothers living in Japan with they're friends, Reina and Kiyoko. Yuki is a Kendo Swordfighter who is training to become a good Swordfighter. Regardless of being a Kendo Swordfighter, he does not like fighting and prefers to think to solve problems, but will fight if all else fails. Seina is a promising Martial Artist who is rising to the top of his class at a good pace. He doesn't usually think before he acts, which causes trouble sometimes. A few months ago, a Teenager named Koji started beating up the Students of the School that they all (Yuki, Seina, Reina, Kiyoko, and Koji) go to. He said that he was going to beat up everyone to proove something, and now he wants to fight with Yuki and Seina. The brothers must find out why Koji went ballistic and stop him from continuing these acts of violence.

Protagonists and Antagonists
Spoiler for:
Yuki
19 Years Old
Yuki is one of the Protagonists of Aoi Hoshi. He is a Kendo Swordfighter. He does not like pointless or dishonorable fighting. His main interests include Anime, Manga, and Video Games. He is kind to others, but he is also kind of quiet, making him a little less sociable than Seina.

Seina
19 Years Old
Seina is one of the Protagonists of Aoi Hoshi. He is a Martial Artists. Seina likes to challenge others to test his skills, especially if they're better than him, but like his Brother, he does not like dishonorable fighting. His main interests include playing his Bass Guitar, Adventuring, and improving his fighting skills. He is kind to others, but unlike Yuki, he is not quiet. He also has a short temper, which causes problems sometimes.

Koji
19 Years Old
Koji is the main Antagonist of Aoi Hoshi. He is cold, mean, and violent. He is very strong and uses brute force to command respect from the students of the School. His fighting style is like Street Fighting, which makes many consider his style barbaric. He has yet to lose a fight to anyone, due to using cheap attacks and tricks to win his fights. Why Koji does what he does remains a mystery, although many of the students suspect that he wants to be the strongest fighter in Tokyo.

Ryo
19 Years Old
Ryo is a goon who is always with Koji. Much like a minion, he does whatever Koji tells him to do without question. He has been described by the students as "Wild", due to his fighting style, which is swinging his fists around wildly until he wins a fight.

Eiichiro
19 Years Old
Eiichiro is also a goon who is always with Koji. He is quiet, but almost as strong as Koji, which has earned him a bad reputation. He fights with a more sophisticated style of fighting, which many seem to think is a mix between more than one fighting style.

Setting
Spoiler for:
The story takes place in Toyko, Japan.

Progress
Spoiler for:
Very little. Maybe about 4%. I seem to be having some trouble with the maps.

I will update this Topic as I make the game. Also, take note that the Music in my game comes from Anime and other Video Games. Of course, the music is copyright to they're respective owners. Also take note that I'm only using other's music because I can't play any kind of instrument yet. I also don't have any programs to compose my own music.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 12:59:14 PM by RedKnight »

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
Sounds interesting, I'd play it.  Can't wait to see some screenshots, or characters. :]

Rep:
Level 87
I can't really show off any screenshots now because only a few areas are done. Like I said before, I'm having trouble with the maps. I can, however, show you the Characters. Just they're Sprites though. I can't make Battler Graphics.

Yuki

Seina

Koji

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
The characters look good, but I don't like Kojis eyes( They look like black dotes).

Rep:
Level 87
The characters look good, but I don't like Kojis eyes( They look like black dotes).

Opinion as that may be, they're not black dots. Although now that I look at them, they are kind of odd, but I don't wanna change them. Zoom in and they won't look like that anymore. (I think)

Rep:
Level 87
Here's a small update on Aoi Hoshi.

Credit goes to keyblade_bearer for making the Title Screen for me. He did a great job too. Thanks keyblade_bearer. I appreciate it.

I still need battler graphics. If you want to make them for me, go here. http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16213.0.html

Screenshots of the areas that are finished. (They may have more to them added later.) Also, take note that the city tileset had limited buildings, so there will be copies of most of them in the city area. Anyway, here they are.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Anyway, that's it for now. More updates to come as I make the game.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Mapping isn't the best... Try using a wall tile for the edges of indoor maps. The maps seem a bit... empty. Lastly, look at the stuff at the top of the first screenshot, they are too low. Other than that, it could turn out to be a cool game, but I'm not a big fan of RPGs with modern settings.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

Rep:
Level 87
Again, I'm having trouble with maps. It's not my strong point. I don't even know which tile is a wall tile. If I had some money, I could probably hire someone on this site to help me with the maps, but I don't have any money to spend freely right now because I'm saving up for something.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Most people will help you for free. Just post in the "Team and Tester Recruitment" area.

Rep:
Level 87
Really? How kind of them. Very well then. For anyone who wants to help me with the maps, please post here.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Also, be glad you just need mappers. People here are more than happy to help as mappers or testers, but otherwise, you're pretty much screwed (that's why I'm having to give up on my current project). My advice is to try to stick with resources you can easily get off the web, unless you can make the resources yourself, that is.

EDIT: I'm not going to have much to do until ChaosSparten finishes the tilesets and animation sheets for my new project, so I can map for you until then. Just PM me all of the tilesets and autotiles you are using.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 02:32:55 AM by Irgna »

Rep:
Level 87
Really? Thanks. But...what's an Autotile? Also, how do I PM them to you? Add them to a photobucket account and give you the links?

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I love titles with Japanese game, I get to extend my brains knowledge  ;8

Anyway, it's lookin pretty good, but I suggest going more in depth the game then make a topic so you have enough juice for everyone  (Unlike me  :-X)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Really? Thanks. But...what's an Autotile? Also, how do I PM them to you? Add them to a photobucket account and give you the links?
An autotile is a special tile that automatically edits itself to fit the area you put it in, like the water tiles from the RTP. Yeah, just put them in a Photobucket accout and PM me the links.

Rep:
Level 87
Alright then. Also, since you've seen the screenshots, can you edit the maps from looking at them?

EDIT: OK. Here are the links. Once again, thank you for doing this. Perhaps looking at your work will help me make better maps from here on. Also, as always, you will be credited for making these specific maps. Once more, thank you. As always, I appreciate it.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/Classroom.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/JapaneseCity.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/Diner.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/InqXPMI-MedievalIndoors.png
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 04:14:53 PM by RedKnight »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This sounds like an interesting game.

And the bottom two tilesets don't really fit in.

Rep:
Level 87

What do you mean?

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I love the classroom tileset. I worked on a anime school rpg project before, but i stopped working on it for 2 mounths ago I think.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

What do you mean?
The diner looks like something from the United States back then, and INQ's tileset doesn't match the city tileset, since his was designed for the middle ages.

Rep:
Level 87
Yes, well, my resources are quite limited. I tried to find others, but couldn't. Besides, Maps aren't everything. A bad map can be completely overlooked if other things are good.

Rep:
Level 87
I really need someone to design battler graphics for me. There is a link to my topic of what I need designed a few posts above this message. I cannot progress my project without these graphics. Someone please help me out here.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Ok, I'll get started on the mapping in a bit. Could you make some mock-ups for me so I have an idea of what you want?

EDIT: Only the classroom tileset was uploaded correctly. Could you attach the rest to a post?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:03:38 PM by Irgna »

Rep:
Level 87
Alright. Just a moment.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!

Rep:
Level 87
I had to go to the site where I got the tilesets from originally. You may have to zoom in to see them full size if your using firefox. Anyway, here they are.

http://www.teamanti.com/rmxp/zzcity.png
http://www.teamanti.com/rmxp/diner.png
http://www.rpg-palace.com/artists/xpinterior.php (You'll have to download this one)

P.S.
I like your avatar and signature. Tales of the World rocks.