RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Passage to Other World: Battle Arena!

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Through suggestions of my testers, I have decided to make a sort of spin of game to my current project, Passage to Other World. Its called Battle Arena! and it is a more in-depth version of the one thats in PTOW.

Storyline

Leaving where Journey of Lost Souls left of, Nathan has stumbled upon a hidden entrance to the great Monster Arena know as Battle Arena, and, through his own free will, has decided to take part in the tournament. Little does he know, the evil, basically miffed King Doom has found the Arena, and plans to use it to build an army, to (once again) take over the world.

Good? Or Evil?

Battle Arena! gives you the chance to side with good, or with King Doom himself! Depending on the monsters you get at the beginning of the game, you will either plunge Battle Arena into chaos and destruction, or help it fight off King Doom!

Characters

In BA!, the only human you control is Nathan, however, you quickly get a team of monsters that you can control, with you being able to collect more monsters, and switch or organize your team around. Below is a list of (currently) avaliable monsters, and other character info.

Nathan
TITLE: Sword Master-Changes to-Monster Team Owner
SKILL NAME: Sword Skills-Changes to-Owner Skills
ALIGNMENT: You choice!
DESCRIPTION: A young man, who recently defeated King Doom in Other World with his friends, Chris, Andrew, Tom and Jamie. However, while celebrating there victory, he stumbled upon the entrance to the Battle Arena, and must now join Doom, or, once again, fight against him...

Cobald
TITLE: Light Monster
SKILL NAME: Light Monster Skills
ALIGMENT: Good :)
DESCRIPTION: A Light Monster, one of the monsters you can start with. Liked Nathan because of his strength, and wanted to fight King Dooms monsters for personal reasons...

Angel
ALIGMENT: What do you think?
DESCRIPTION: Young light monsters, joined Nathan because she wanted to take part in the tournament before any one of her friends...

Trapped Soul
ALIGMENT: Good
DESCRIPTION:Good monster, a soul trapped forever, in a sword, a blue goop. Wants to do something useful, to see if the Gods repay him by releasing him.

Hellhound
TITLE: Dark Monster
SKILL NAME: Dark Monster Skills
ALIGMENT: Dark
DESCRIPTION: Dark Monster, gets angry easy. Joined Nathan as he saw the evil that resided in his heart. Poor Nathan.

Imp
DESCRIPTION: An evil monster, who loved danger and chaos. Perfect for King Doom. But he prefers Nathan.

Goblin
DESCRIPTION: Monster of evil, he prefers to fight then ask questions later.

Evil Nathan
TITLE: Monster Team Owner
SKILL NAME:  Dark Owner Skills
DESCRIPTION: Nathan turned evil by King Doom. He's appearance change is, er, drastic.

Hero Nathan
TITLE Monster Team Owner
SKILL NAME: Hero Owner Skills
ALIGMENT: Good
DESCRIPTION: Nathan turned almost into a embodiment of a god, he posses great "hero", or simply good, skills, he can heal effectivly and quickly.

*Lack of character info is due to game completion percentage.

Scripts Used

Blizzards Add Ons- Most Recent Version
Level Up Box- Posted on this forum by nevfx(me), orginally posted on Dubealex.

Screenshots

Help

If you want to help me with the game, you can by applying to the following things-

1XMap Designer
2XScripters
Beta Testers
Title Screen Designer

To apply, PM me: http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=3143

Current Staff:

Irgna: Beta Tester
Dester: Beta Tester
Chaos of Destruction: Beta Tester
Darico: Beta Tester(extra)
Coolkid: Map Designer
Snailer: Title Screen Designer(of course, more are welcome)[JOB COMPLETE]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:13:53 PM by nevfx »

<3
Rep:
Level 90
1. I like the idea how you choose which side you wanna be on (there are some games and I have fantasies on how cool it could be to be on the "other persons" side.

2. Nice title screen MENU (not the actual title screen)

3. Nice! I'm gonna look out for this topic...its on my list

~Winged

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Unless im missing a point that has to be some of the worst mapping ive ever seen  ;9

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
I believe you can only walk on the dark bits of grass. Although some trees would be nice  ;D

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Unless im missing a point that has to be some of the worst mapping ive ever seen  ;9

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I never said I was good. Thats why I want mappers. Although, I have gotten better, these maps were made ages ago...

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Hey! Im new here, but I know alot about RPGMXP, and i am willing to be one of your beta testers. Email me at sargebt_reticulum@yahoo.com.

Thank you,
Dester

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Thanks, you could have PM'ed me like it said, but your on the team, nonetheless....

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The idea of choosing your side sounds fun. I can't wait.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Its kinda stupid to do this to my own topic, but shouldn't this still be in New Projects, as there isn't a demo?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no, my game has no demo "legend of dragoon 2" and its still here

all you need are
  • screenshots
  • a story
  • character info
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
no, my game has no demo "legend of dragoon 2" and its still here

all you need are
  • screenshots
  • a story
  • character info
Thats how I got the game "Eye Of The Tiger" here, lol.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Oh, ok then. Thats fine with me!

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Can i be a beta tester? lol

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I acually forgot to add someone, but yeah, you can.

NO MORE BETA TESTER PLACES

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
cool thanks  ;D

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
So whens first demo coming out?
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ok, well I'm going to lay out my helping hand now. You can take it or leave it, Im just trying to help you make your battle arena above all others.

Here is how If I made a battle arena game (it would kick ass  ;D) I would make it like this:

If you like the outside, believe me the inside is just as good, just lay an event there in front of the coliseum and have it transfer you to the inside map....you can have this map if you want. (makes prefect cutscene...

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Lol! looks good!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
That's awful. It doesn't even match the tileset, and it's at the wrong angle. Plus the shadows of the clouds or whatever end up under it somehow. You fail.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
I'm going to make an Arena for you, because im bored off my ass
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Thanks everyone. I didn't even have to ask!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'm going to make an Arena for you, because im bored off my ass

2days already man.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Hey sorry my Demo ran out and i dont want to use the illigal one so im waiting for a bit
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Its ok, some other people have been interested. Of course, I would love to see one you do.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Screenshot of title on first post.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Yahoo ^^ :D

Ever need some small (or big) tweaking to that title screen just mail or pm me..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:40:46 PM by Snailer »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Ok, thanks.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
-UPDATE-

First demo will be avaliable Monday 22nd January 2007 GMT.

However, the beta testers will recieve the game on Saturday 20th January 2007 GMT. They will recieve a PM in a matter of minutes explaining this.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Yeah! Can't wait!^^

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Sorry! All demos moved back a week!

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
*Shock, horror*
Ok, I guess i can live with that. Need to work on my own project now anyway as I finally got the AMS to work...

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
-UPDATE-

Due to tecnology problems, and lack of being bothered, this is on hold until I say so. This is why the demo promised to the Beta Testers hasn't been given to them yet.

You are still a Beta Tester, if you no longer whish to be one, now is the best chance to resign, however, you will recieve the demo before others if you stay on.

~nevfx~

*The topic will be locked to prevent (more) spam.