RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon Fantasy (NES Dragon Warrior type game)

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
This project is one that is based on the older RPGs, the ones that were on the NES. (FF and DQ/DW).It is made in RPG Maker 2000. SO....expect the following:
-Simple storyline.
-Not-so-detailed maps.
-NO battlebacks.
-Powerleveling
-Very hard monsters and Bosses.
-Low EXP/Gil count from enemies.

Now, let us begin.

====================================================

Story: The Hero (you get to name him) was returning from a distant war one day. However, from out of no where a massive beam of light struck him and he was knocked unconcious. When he awoken he was in a much different land, one of which was in no way similar to his own. A lone town stodd before him...and so he entered. This began his journey.

================PICS:

World Map

A Battle.

The church.

The first town.
==========================

Hints:
-Buy new armor and weapons when you first start of in the town.
-Before going to fight the first boss at LEAST be LV. 4. Otherwise your basically screwed.
-Buy lots of Healing Herbs.

==========================

DEMO:5.20 MB *Until you get your first party member and beat the first boss*

http://www.savefile.com/files/351188

« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:52:48 PM by Lavata »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Ick, man. Don't make it TOO hard. I've played the old games and have such a frustratingly hard time with them.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Soo...did anyone download it? I need to know what it was like! How am i supposed to make it better if no ones tells me it's flaws?

Lol. I'm impatiant...I know. Still...with 20-odd downloads I think at least ONE person can tell me their thoughts.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I've downloaded it, I'll post more detailed comments in about 10 minutes.

[EDIT] Couldn't play it, it said something wasn't present, but I couldn't understand it, as ot was in French.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 07:43:07 PM by nevfx »

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Oh...I think you need RPG Maker 2000 .  Oh well, thanks for trying, anyway. Someone already downloaded it and replied...I'm fixing a few things.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I could play RPG Maker 2000 games before, I think it was one of yours.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Oh...I think you need RPG Maker 2000 .  Oh well, thanks for trying, anyway. Someone already downloaded it and replied...I'm fixing a few things.

You don't need RM2000, just the RTP. 2003 is the only RPG Maker that requires you to download the entire program, since the RTP is built into the program itself.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Oh, I get it. But, I have played 2000 games before, with just the XP program. Do you know why this is.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
They either didn't use RTP resources, or supplied the used RTP resources with the game itself. As long as your game doesn't refer to a resource directly from the RTP pack, anyone can play it. Same goes for the other two makers.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
yeah, I think you just need the RTP for 2000. Anyway, here is the fixed version. The first one was horible compared to this one =)

http://www.savefile.com/files/351188

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Hmm...What happened to your other game? that one seemed like it had potential.

As for the maps, on the first town the road should only be 1 or 2 tiles wide, as old games didnt represent roads as big in comparison to the player, I dont think. Ill plahy this...later.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
aaah the maps kind of hurt my eyes. its like an explosion of a bunch of different colours lol. maybe fix up the colours or something. i dunno....

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
But that's what MAKES it what it is >.>

Rep:
Level 88
I haven't seen this idea incorporated before, I mean yeah ok I've been hanging around these boards for like 4 days but still....I like the idea of bringing back the extreme retroness of the NES.  Your screenies look very FFIV ess, so judging by those you've captured the NES feeling perfectly.  Unfortunately it'll be a bit before a lot of peoples time so they won't appreciate the graphics :P  Good luck with it all the same.

EDIT:  I'll dl the demo when I get home :$
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:09:13 PM by Ben Gray »

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks. And I will eventually (hopefully) start back up on this. I can't now thanks to the exams and such (T.T)

But it will eventually get done.

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
Yea. We're doing Mid Exam soon so that sucks.

Dungeons and Dragons Dawn of Darkness: 3% (ON HOLD!)
Dark Lands: 7%

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Looks....well I've never played a 2000 game before so I can't tell you. But it looks cool.

Rep:
Level 88
I like how everything is made all like NES style.  Cause lots of my favorite games were old like that one and I haven't seen anyone do that in RPGMaker before  ;D

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks =)

Please tell me what you sll thought of it (the difficulty, etc) once you/if you download it. Thanks.

Rep:
Level 88
I tried to download it but savefile isn't working right now so I'll try again later and let you know~

Edit: I got it downloaded, but I just get an error in France talk when I try to open it  ???

Edit Again: Oh, I need to get RPGMaker 2000  :P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:14:22 PM by Yami »

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, lol. You need 2000 in order to play it. =)