RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I am amused at another forum

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Nightworlf...by any chance are you Wolfii?  ;8

Rep:
Level 88
Yea, I saw all those games you posted. To be honest, I kind of thought the same. I mean, usually on that forum, people post their games in the 'Game and Demo' section for a while and people kind of get to know those games. But you posted 3 (finished) games, within a day or two, in the finished games section (its not nearly as active as Game and Demo, just thought I'd metion it). So people thought you kind of slapped together some games just to post them there, since yea, not many games DO get posted in that section.

I could see where they would think that, but yea it was ignorant of them to assume (but maybe it was becauseof the RTP usage). On a side note, I haven't tried any of them :-\.
STILL NEED FEEDBACK ON MY RUNNING/JUMPING SYSTEM!
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16158.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Some members (myself included) went astray from your original topic, essentially forming two topics, so I separated the two.
:tinysmile:

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Here's basically what I got from the topic on gamingworld.

Basically, Despain was saying that the presentation was poor, and it made him believe the game wasn't worth downloading.

Frankly, I agreed with him. After playing your Maia 2k7 game, I can see the presentation was lacking. A real message system to show face graphics would have been very nice. You seem to have used <> to explain every movement and such.  I didn't see any cutscenes in Maia 2k7 either. Everything between the characters was done with text boxes. Clearly, you focused on quantity instead of quality, something a lot of RPG makers here are guilty of.

Try not to take comments like this too harshly, use them to improve.

Rep:
Level 90
Here's basically what I got from the topic on gamingworld.

Basically, Despain was saying that the presentation was poor, and it made him believe the game wasn't worth downloading.

Frankly, I agreed with him. After playing your Maia 2k7 game, I can see the presentation was lacking. A real message system to show face graphics would have been very nice. You seem to have used <> to explain every movement and such.  I didn't see any cutscenes in Maia 2k7 either. Everything between the characters was done with text boxes. Clearly, you focused on quantity instead of quality, something a lot of RPG makers here are guilty of.

Try not to take comments like this too harshly, use them to improve.

I did cut screens for Willa & Rott... no one really comments on cut screens. Ever.

About the presentation, I thought they meant how it was presented in the forums. I gave far more content / information in the forums than anyone else seems to.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Ah, I see what you mean. Despain was just being an ass about the topic style (which could have been better, but it wasn't bad by any means).