RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Skills and Scripts to set variables

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Hello.

I'm currently working on a project using RMVX, with some friends, and we came upon a problem.

I want to be able to be in battle, and use a skill. This skill will need to activate a variable and then set it's number to the character number of the user.

For example: If Ralph (who is the first character in the actors list) were to use this skill, the skill would set the variable to 1. But if Ulrika (character slot 2) were to use the same skill, it would switch the variable to 2.

I've been searching in the common events, but I haven't had any luck with finding a way to do this.
If there is a way to do this, can someone help if so?

Also, a second question popped up:
Is there a way to make the script editor modify variables? If there is, what is the command?

Thank you.