RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Transitions

Rep:
Level 87
...I'M HUNGRY! Food plawks
I'm a little embarassed to admit it, but despite working with RMXP for several months, I still have no idea how to get transitions to work in events.

I'm currently making the intro to a new game of mine, and the idea is simple (and sadly cliche): The screen is black, and then words fade in (picture1), stay for 100 frames, then fade again to blackness. Wait 20-40 frames, new words fade in (picture2) stay for 100 frames, then fade to blackness. Etc. etc.

A basic, everyday game intro thats been done thousands of times, but no matter what I do, I can't get the "prepare transition" or "execute transition" commands to do ANYTHING.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 06:31:29 AM by Zeriab »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
The transitions are for when you transfer between maps.
You could try experimenting with transferring between maps while changing the pics or you could manually make them fade out. (Lots of wait/show pic commands)

Rep:
Level 87
...I'M HUNGRY! Food plawks
Thanks, Zeriab. I seem to have gotten a working solution with picture tinting, so I guess this is resolved.