RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Chrono Cross

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Chrono Trigger... absolutely a fantastic game...

Chrono Cross... another fantastic game.  BUT... the only way I can accept it is by pretending it's not a Chrono Trigger sequel.  It isn't.  There are cameos, but rare, and not related.  I've always felt it was an attempt to sell the game by associating it with the original.  It definately stands on it's own.
Jonathan Sodalis www.sodalisrpg.com
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
        -from "The Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It is definately a Chrono Trigger sequel, but it is in the greater universe. Set years in the future, the events that unfold do so for a reason that many people don't understand. The story is the best ever in a video game, because everything ties together eventually. For example, the reason Lynx took over Serge's body is because it is encoded in his DNA that he is the only one who can take the Frozen Flame. The reason for this was the power serge (hence his name) that shut FATE, the flame's guardian, down while the group was lost at sea in the pre-story. The frozen flame is actually a shard of Lavos. The Tesseract is the place where the dimensions that were averted go to, such as the "Day of Lavos". This is where Schala and Lavos and the Time Devourer all meld. It is a very complicated story, but once you work it out, you can see how genius it is. I would very much like to see a continuation of the story. If you are interested in working out the details of the Chrono Multiverse, I suggest reading this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/196917/8657 If you like the mythology of the games, this is well worth your time.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Chrono Cross is one of the coolest games ever
but I still like CT more.

I beat it like once for the negame+ ending, then went for the chrono talking ending, but I never finished it! DAMN ME!

Spoiler for:
I got to lavos and had maybe ten hits left on him...

What's your favorite team? For beating Lavos anyway...mine:

Robo: Named him Romo
Frog: Named him Frogg
Magus: Magus...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Fgor was the all round BEST character in CT. He could heal, use offensive spells well, and smack things hard. He had pretty good HP too if I remember right.

Also I think every one put frog and Magus on the smae team, you just HAVE to.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
no, I always liked frog, because I first saw him when I was like really little, and I really liked him, a frog with a sword, like kermit only not fagalious. And Magus had the sweet spells, I didn't have internet at the time I beat it, so how the hell would I know what everyone else did. Anyway, and robo just stuck because he's cool.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Frog, Robo, Crono and Magus were godly. Any combination of the four is always a good team. Lucca and Marle sucked anus. Ayla was good if you knew how to use her correctly, you know not have ber smash stuff like one would think, but my having her steal crap.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I used Chrono, Magus, and Marle to heal.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Oh God, I have to play CT again...
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Crono Marle and Lucca.

x3
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Marl and Lucca were so worthless though. I'm shocked that ANYONE uses them.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Marl and Lucca were so worthless though. I'm shocked that ANYONE uses them.

I owned with them though. They're pretty powerful if you raise them right...

That sounds gay doesn't it?

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007

No, it sounds pedo. :=:
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

No, it sounds pedo. :=:

lol xD

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 94
Sounds delicious.  :P

Rep:
Level 88
I never played Cross...i hve trigger for the PSX, u kno, the one that came with ff4? well yeah, i couldnt stay with it, too confusing on where to go. i got to that barbarian place and quit...just got bored...maybe i should continue? i already have so many rpgs i need to finish...Radiata Stories, FFXII, FF4(GBA).
i wouldnt mind play cross tho, im listening to that song that guy posted on here...its amazing.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Chrono Cross's Music is extremely well done. Another World is one of my all-time favorite video game songs.
:tinysmile:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I agree, Chrono Cross's music IS very well done. I liked the Boss Battle, Fates~Godes of destiny and the one where you fight the dragon god/time devourer for the first time.

It was a great game. If you looked deep enough into it you would see that it had a great storyline. However, most people do not look far enough and are confused. Sadly, though, I like Chrono Trigger better. It seemed more.."complete" to me. Thoguh it lacked the ammount f skills and spells CC had.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Alright i played CT and beat it over 26 times...i beat lavos with only chrono at only level 42 and got the best ending (the one where you see messages from the makers of the game)...it is by far my FAVORITE game, ive beaten over five hundred games and been playing games since i was only six years old...CT takes the cake over them all...Now onto chrono cross...I never liked it, i started playing when it first came out..and sadly i never got into it...i played maybe 2 hours and i was like hell this doesnt even compare to CT, i shut it off and never played it again...Sorry but Chrono cross isnt even as good as any of the FF series...even tactics...which i hated, personally i think chrono cross was a mockery of CT..Not to bash anyones favorite game, just my own personal view...Done Ranting  ;D

Deathreaper711
Our bodies can scar, or be broken. Our hopes can be shattered, or stolen. Our spirits can waver and faulter. But if a dream is believed in enough. That dream can live on forever, being untouched by man, uncorrupted, forever lasting...life changing.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
I played CC and I love the yaoi pair SergexGlenn. LOL.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Chrono Cross's Music is extremely well done. Another World is one of my all-time favorite video game songs.

I must stop you there, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest has the best game music of ALL TIME.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
H..forgot one thing: The thing in which brings Chrono Chross down a notch is it's over abundance of party members. WHY do we need so many members? They are all generally the same and most are not really that interesting. The only ones I really used were Glen, Viper, Kid, that axe wielding fellow..and thats about it. Well, unless I HAD to use someone else.

Rep:
Level 94
For me Chrono Cross's draw was in the plotline and the music. I didn't care much about the rest. I just played it to get more story, and get to the next song.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'm playing it just so I can beat it, because then I beat both Chronos.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Perhaps it's just me, and I know it will sound Blasphemous, but I actually prefered Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Perhaps it's just me, and I know it will sound Blasphemous, but I actually prefered Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger.

You're wrong, you're very very wrong.