RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Your best battle music

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, i'm bored and was wandering what you think would make a bitchin battle song (has to be a song not in a game already)

Mine is seizure of power by marylin manson
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 12:48:47 AM by shadowdude »

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
CHEESE IS TASTY
Vivaldi's Summer would be awesome, but maybe as just a boss theme. The metal version done by Children of Bodom would probably be better for a boss theme.
"Death be not proud. Though some have called thee mighty and dreadful... thou art not so." CoB-HC!!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I make my own, like for Arkarian Legend (the battle theme is 2 min long ;D)

but for a song, I'd have to say a mix of Born by Nevermore

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
A good song for a boss battle is Chameleon by Herbie Hancock (yess, Jazz / Funk).

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well forstandard battles in the current game I'm working on is Moment of Truth by StormTroopers of Death. Although I've used alot of different stuff for bosses, I usually go with something that fits that specific battle.

Rep:
Level 87
If I use a song in my game, but don't tell the artist, can I get sued, even if I don't sell the game?

Rep:
Level 89
Don't think so, cus your not gaining profit of something you didn't create.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Plus it's very unlikely the artist will ever find out anyhow.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I have this one song I want as battle music, but it's called "A Change of Seasons" by Dream Theater. I want the rock from 10:05 or something and the music that goes on for about a minute or two. But that part's some awesome battle music.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Frank Klepacki - Full Stop

As for being sued over use of music. Assuming you're in America and you don't sell your game it could technically fall under Fair Use, but chances are no one will actually care anyways.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What about one of Frank Zappa's really really dirty songs....  :wtf:

Off subject.

I found the chrono cross sound track into midis.

I'll attach it. If anyone wants it. (although I can't find the opening song, that song ROCKS!)

Oh, I'm going to have to put in some jamiroquai songs in my game if it's ok, from what I read, since I'm not making profit off it, and they're not Matelica, I should be fine!

(Supersonic warrior, the pete heller remix, ROCKS SO MUCH!)

But I'm buying the album with it on it. Actually, I'm buying two albums! (of theirs, white funk never sounded so cool!)