RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Side view battler

Rep:
Level 85
Hey guys, created this monster for my game and thought i'd share it, i hope someone finds it useful for their game as well.

E: Battlers moved to top.
Groundle

Golden Groundle

WormEatWorm

Mournful Specter
The Mournful Specter never sticks around for too long, after they deal some damage they tend to flee.

Batsi

Batso

E: Damn it forgot to say this as well, most of the creatures i'm working on are meant for caverns or dark places though the groundle and wormeatworm could go either way, here's an example pic of Batso in a cavern backdrop.
http://Waiyem.fileave.com/samplepic.PNG
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:18:54 AM by Pixelero »

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Wow pretty good.  Good job.

Rep:
Level 85
Thank you, i will upload any others i make too now  ;D

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Rox! Since it's a "side-view battler" would you be able to make it fit with minkoff's or other side-view battle systems? Oh, and could you make a charset with it? Where it moves in all the four directions, I mean?
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks, I'm not good enough to animate it or make a character set out of it though, sorry :-[
I'm actually using this battle system where the characters use the icons as weapons so it's not a fully animated side view cbs.

I did work on it more though and i think it looks better, what do you guys think of it now?
E: Top
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 08:54:26 PM by Pixelero »

Rep:
Level 86
I like the extra detail a lot, though it took a little time before I realized what the change was :P. I like this one far better, the shell seems far better now! ;)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 85
Muchas gracias  ;D, here's another monster for ya guys that want it.

Give me credit or i'll find you and slice your head off  :D

WormEatWorm
E: Top

Forgot to add, i place the monsters like that in the space because of the battle pointer i'm using, just saying in case anyone was wondering about that heh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 08:54:38 PM by Pixelero »

Rep:
Level 89
It's... eating itself? No wonder is called "WormEatWorm", anyway looking good.

Rep:
Level 86
Nice too, though I like the turtle better. Fix the pic at the top plz :(. And why not post the other side-view "battlers" in the first post as well? Makes it easier for ppl who just checked the topic ;)

Rep:
Level 85
A good idea man, i have moved them to the top post and removed them from the others, tank you  ;D

Rep:
Level 85
One more added, if i make any changes to it i will let you guys know.

Rep:
Level 89
That one is creepy... but good.

Rep:
Level 85
Thank ya ;D
Here's a small screenshot of my tileset too, tile is of a different color i'm just experimenting with color changes in the maker  ;D

Rep:
Level 86
LOL, rox! And I like the tileset (but not the charset...)! ;D

Rep:
Level 85
You will like the characters once i have them clothed i think  :).

I have made some slight edits to the specter, just thought i'd let you guys know.

E: i did not notice the screenshot thread i will post future tile pics there now.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, the tileset looks nice.

Rep:
Level 86
Um... what is changed with the Spectre...?

Rep:
Level 85
Glad you like the tileset man. I actually started working on a better character template last night too, in the end i prefer a less cartoony look for the characters.

About the changes, when i say slight i mean slight  :lol:, i made changes in these zones here, i edited the tip of the head so that it curls slightly, added some light to that center area on the head, i made the color of the eye and mouth area a bit brighter, i moved some of the pixels on the chest (the glow pixels in center) towards the south west and i fixed up some of the shading on the bottom area, aaaand that's all.
http://Waiyem.fileave.com/improvementzosnes.PNG

I have an idea, i'm going to put up some pixel line work and if you want you guys can add the colors to it as well, here is the next monsta.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:13:09 AM by Pixelero »

Rep:
Level 86
Lol, nice. But be careful with the "north-east" side of the head, as it seems to go too much upwards, and makes the head weird and mishapen ;).

Rep:
Level 85
Ah thanks for the tip there man, i will look into that right now.

I have added one more enemy to the top people,  not batso because i've yet to shade it  :), it's a small bat creature.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
wow O: Your very good, I relaly like the work, keep it up :D

Rep:
Level 89
A bat... awesome.

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks monkeydlu.

I have added Batso to the top and i will make an extra color for him too later on, i have also added a Groundle with a different color shell (gold shell, needed for my game), the first part of this game takes place in caverns and you can't have caverns without some type of bat creature i say  ;)

I will work some more on the golden shell, too bright, and i lowered the head by a pixel on the batso too :)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:14:18 AM by Pixelero »

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, the one pixel helped, though some might want it lowered by another. I personally don't really care :P. Oh, and nice bati, though the teeth look a bit weird at the current angle, and the eyes seems weird, and with a grey line through the head...

Rep:
Level 85
Hmm don't see a problem with the Batsi, why don't you show me your edit of it than i'll understand better.

Don't think i'd be a good idea to lower the head anymore for the Batso creature because it would just look flat then, i believe this is the perfect look for it, but of coarse you guys can edit that however you like for your game.

Forgot to add, i'm switching over to RM2003 and for a very good reason, i wish to work smaller since i'm working on original material and don't have a lot of time on my hands, plus using smaller character sets on rmxp and vx does not look good and does not work well imo, nothing will change when it comes to making monsters so no problem there.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 01:16:21 PM by Pixelero »

Rep:
Level 86
Well for Batsi, the teensy problem is teensy. Batso, as I said myself, shouldn't be lowered anymore if you ask me either, but someone else might want that. I'll try to show you what I mean about Batsi and the teensy problem

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
Wow, I like these. Perfect underground critters.

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks :), the first part of the game takes place entirely underground but as soon as that part is done with i'll start working on overworld monsters as well.

Rep:
Level 86
Can't wait ;) But what does the Groundle have to do with underground caves and stuff like that? :o

Rep:
Level 85
Just took the idea of a land turtle and made in an underground turtle lol.

I'm working on My chipset that's why no monster, will created another soon though.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 03:11:57 PM by Pixelero »