RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] Trap door event?

Rep:
Level 87
Its been a long time since i've posted, which makes me happy.

Anyways, I learned how to make cutscenes due to the video tut, but im trying to make the party and an enemy fall through a cliche trap door in the bosses throne room.  After that, I want to show them falling, hit the floor, etc, then continue the cutscene into a boss fight. I'm pretty sure I can do the boss fight bit.  Any help will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:34:20 PM by Zarot »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
show them falling? that might be kinda hard. you will be the trap door then have the map go down and show the characters moving downwards in a locked position.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
I can probably do that, but how about the whole trap door dealy?  The door is 3x4 in size, and that's a lot of eventing.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I don't understand what you mean by "trap door delay", nor do I understand how the size of the door affects your events... If you can clarify that I might be able to help.  I'm probably just missing something obvious.

Rep:
Level 87
Sorry for confusing you.  Basically, I'm making a huge event that goes through three maps, but i'm stuck on this map because I don't know how to make a "trap door".  I circled the intended area, I hope this helps.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, couldn't you make it so that when you land on it, you change the opacity of the hero lighter and lighter and make the floor black so you seem to sink in? And then you tint the screen black, teleport, change graphic back, and tint back to normal?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I made you an example.

The falling sprite (fading to small in first scene) was made by me. So if you want your character to fall like that just tell me which sprite it is you used, and I will upload it here.

I edited the Castle Interior Map to have a black tile. I made the first scene just like your image.

Hope this helps.
Sig by MacGravel