RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Password on Audio, Graphic, and Data file?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
So is it possible to put passwords on those files as I send my game to a couple of friends?

I don't want them to take/look at my stuff in those files so I want to know how to put a password on those files.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:35:45 AM by relentless »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, you can just encrypt the data disk so that it gets into a .exe that extracts the folders. Also, when doing this process, you can archive the things... Something about this was posted before in tutorials. I explained this badly.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Assuming you have RPG Maker XP.
Under the File in the menu.
Press Compress Game Data

Check Create Encrypted Archive
Select the path
Click OK

You are done. ^_^

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. That's what I meant, but I didn't have RPG Maker XP up or I'm bad memorizer so I didn't say it like that.

Your problem was solved? Add [RESOLVED] to topic title in your first post! This makes other people easier to overview the forum and find solutions for their problems. :D I win!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I started answering before I saw your post  ::)
Can you remember how it is for RPG Maker 2000/2003?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Me? I started using 2k/2k3 when it was just too different for me. :P Anyways, no matter what you do, remember that the Audio will always be accessible for RPG Maker XP. I forgot about that.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Wee! thanks guys  :D

I will put [Resolved] now