RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] one time events

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
ok i need some help with one time events plz. i am trying to make an event that makes a random person give my hero an item for no reason

i put in my graphic and what i wanted except when i tested the event. everytime i clicked on the person, it kept giving me more of the item

i want to make it so the person says the message and gives me the item once and then when u click the person the second time or more. it says a completely diffrent thing.

im searched around the forum and tryed a few things but it ended up deleting my graphic when i tested it

so does any one know how i can modify my event so i that the person says something diffrent after the first one message was already said once. i believe it has something to do with switches or variables. can any one help me with this?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:50:15 PM by Zeriab »

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
1. In events turn local switch operation a= on at the end of the event
2. then make a new page
3. set the same sprite
4. set the precondition local switch operation a= on
5. then in events add your message.

Easy, isnt it?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:56:07 PM by ChaosSpartan28 »
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 88
Simple!!!

Make your event
Give it the graphic
Give it whatever it does
Then at the end, insert a event
Find Control Self Switch and turn one on
Then after that, Click on New Event Page
Give the graphic back
In conditions make it so that Self Switch A has to be on
Then in the commands write whatever

I was beaten to it :(

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
lol, its ok... you tried.

Solved? Add [Resolve] to the topic title
Sig by MacGravel

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
thx you guys it took a few trys but i finnaly got it.im going to add resolved now

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
no problem
Sig by MacGravel