RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Change [Item] Name

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
Hello, me again...
everyone knows how easy you can Change the Hero name, by the creator sets, or just by using Name Input ...
Well, but.. that possibly missing for Items, Weapon and Armor ! WHY!
hovever, anyone got idea how to do that ?
Sorry for my stupid English, I'm from Slovakia :)

Craftknight's rule
Story: 23%
Maps: 4%
Systems: 5%

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
yea, I know that, but thats not what I meant, thats a little diferent

Craftknight's rule

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it's not there because it's typically unnecessary to have the player rename an item.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
yea, I know that, but thats not what I meant, thats a little diferent
Please be more specific.
Hi

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
yea, but Ill be ok with the "Change Name..." command for the Items

Craftknight's rule

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's kind of a strange request if you ask me - items in RM aren't (by default) instance-based, so if you rename an item then you rename every type of that item. It's not like you can give a Long Sword some special name and still have other items that are Long Swords - they would all take that special name. As such, this type of script is only very narrowly applicable to games where you only ever receive one of any renamable type of weapon, or else a god game where it would make sense that the name you give something then applies to all items everywhere.

In any case, it's pretty simple, so I can do it, but I wanted to first make sure that you understood that items aren't instance-based in RM - that the name given will then apply to all types of that item.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:22:23 PM by Owyn »

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
yea, thats what I want,
I dont want to change only the one type of that item like a Special as you say,
I want the all types of item to change (well, I'll be using some as a Key Items, and some as the "unknowns")

Craftknight's rule