RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can I limit the Auto-Battle decisions? & Limited items a shop can sell?

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
^ lame xbox avatar is under 9000.
In my current project, I'm making sure the main protagonist is the only playable character in battle. Though, I want to limit the decisions available for the other Actors that use the "Auto-Battle" feature.

What I want to do, specifically, is to prevent the extra Actors from using items.

(I know it sounds weird. The reason is because in my game, items are VERY scarce)

Anyway, is there a way I can do this?

Oh and a second question:
Can I limit the amount of items a shop can sell?
Like I said above, items are scarce in my game. I have stores, but I don't want people to just save up all their money and dump it into the stores for items that are usually low on stock.

(Like is there a script or something that can do this?)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 09:47:05 PM by jick6 »
You've just been obliteraped!

Currently Working On: One Day Salesman
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33234.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
For the second request, I don't really see why that requires a script - you set exactly what items you want each shop to sell with the Shop Processing.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
For the second request, I don't really see why that requires a script - you set exactly what items you want each shop to sell with the Shop Processing.

I believe he wants only a certain amount of the item the shop sells to be available, so I'd imagine a script would be required?

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
^ lame xbox avatar is under 9000.
Yeah Darico's got the right idea (That's what I meant).
Like, say for example, you want a shop to sell an item. Let's call it "Item1"
BUT - you want the player to only have a limited access of that item from that shop.
So you'd want a script to get a Shop to only sell a limited amount of "Item1" or whatever else.
You've just been obliteraped!

Currently Working On: One Day Salesman
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33234.0.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
This will help you. This script can do what you're looking for in the second part of your request by limiting item stock in a shop.

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14016