RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
SUICIDE: Is it the right answer?

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
Hahaha, by "matter of time", I meant like, why would I care about somebody an hour before I kill myself? But what you say is true.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I guess not. All I'm saying is that if I am going to kill myself, I really don't give a fuck how anyone else is going to feel. Especially since it's only a matter of time that I'm going to be dead, you know?

...Haha, that makes it sound like I am going to kill myself. :/

I agree. Everyone's gotta die eventually. And hey, I'd rather die a quick and painless death at 45 than a slow and agonizing death at 90.

I'd rather have the agonizing one. It would make me infinitely more bad ass.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm Tsunokiette and I've finally decided what to say.

Suicide is an extreemly controverial issue presented in many forms. There is assisted suicide, abortion (while not suicide, it is among the same line of discussion), EMOism, and Trauma Induced Suicide.

I will start by explaining each one.

Assisted suicide.
  • When a severely injured or sick patient requests his/her doctor to "relieve" them.
  • Most common form is the DNR. (Do not Recesitate [sp?] )

Abortion.
  • Aborting or even physicly preventing pregnancy.
  • Early Stage Abortion.
    • Most controversial version.
    • Usually physicly preventing a pregnancy, or removing a developing fetus.
  • Later Stage Abortion.
    • Killing an unborn child.
    • Shows belief that there is no value in life.
EMOism.
  • This is not really a real form of suicide, it's merely joking about suicide because you think it makes you cool.
  • Stupid in most people's (besides your common EMO) opinions. (Hence all the jokes)
  • Most accepted version of the EMO.
  • No real definition of EMO.
    • Emotional Person.
    • Suicidal Person. (for attention)
    • Gay Person.
    • Goth.
Trauma Induced Suicide.
  • Killing yourself because of a traumatic experience.
    • Loved one commits suicide.
    • Loved one murdered.
    • Erm, loved one dying in general.
    • Rape.
    • An event which gives you a permanent feeling of fear.
    • You do something horrible. (Murder, Rape)
  • Killing yourself because of extreem pain.
    • Emotional Pain.
    • Physical Pain.
  • Killing a loved one because of pain they're expereriencing.

Of course, there is always the aforementioned Bullycide and accidental suicide. (Forgive me if I forgot one)

In the end, the answer is the same as the answer to the following questions.

Is there value in life?
Is there a purpose for living?

Also, you inflict pain on yourself in most proccesses of suicide, so there's really no point there if you're trying to commit suicide to relieve pain.

As was mentioned before as well, Suicide is a Permanent solution to a Temporary problem.

- Tsuno Out
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Having a DNR is by no means suicide or assisted suicide.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Abortion.
  • Aborting or even physicly preventing pregnancy.
  • Early Stage Abortion.
    • Most controversial version.
    • Usually physicly preventing a pregnancy, or removing a developing fetus.
  • Later Stage Abortion.
    • Killing an unborn child.
    • Shows belief that there is no value in life.

This really isn't on topic and has nothing to do with suicide.

But on that note, and partially on topic, what the fuck is wrong with you? Who are you to judge someone for what they do or do not do in their life? No one has any place to say wether or not someone can or cannot give birth or can or cannot kill themselves. If someone doesn't want to have a baby, or doesn't want to live anymore, you have no right to say otherwise or judge them for it.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Having a DNR is by no means suicide or assisted suicide.

See my topic in Welcome Board. My brain isn't exactly functioning at it's peak right now. But you're correct, it's not. In fact, I myself have thought of getting one later in life.

@Gilga - You're putting words into my mouth. I never said what you said in any shape, form, or fashion.
If you refer to the second not in the Later Stage Abortion bit, that's just a fact. You're not going to kill something if you value it. Just like you wouldn't murder your girl friend (unless you had extreem reason too). If you speak of aborting a child created by rape, most likely you would have it done in the earlier stages. When I say later stage abortions, I'm speaking of when a baby is actually formed and you abort it. Doctors will break its neck, stab its brain, whatever. I've got to go right now, but please. Next time you put words into my mouth GO SUCK EGGS! (lol, sorry, my grandfather said I should say that lol)

I'm not debating either side, I'm just trying to summarize it.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 89
Let my express my view on suicide.

Suicide is considered wrong by many, but what is really happening to the person who is considering this?

Depression, in most cases, causes suicide. Depression can be a disease for those of you who do not know. You shouldnt shun the people who are thinking about suicide, but embrace them. If theyre life is already hell enough they are considering it, why make it worse? Suicide is a frame of mind where the person thinks he/she has nothing to lose, is a lost cause, and doesn't want to deal with any more shit, as someone said earlier.

In conclusion, I dont think suicide is a good choice, not at all. To all of those making fun of the people who consider this, is it not just as bad to help them condone this act by doing this?

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
In the end, the answer is the same as the answer to the following questions.

Is there value in life?
Is there a purpose for living?

Also, you inflict pain on yourself in most proccesses of suicide, so there's really no point there if you're trying to commit suicide to relieve pain.

I am pretty nihilistic so my answer to those questions is: no. If there is a purpose, it's probably one you have to find on your own. You have to put value into your own life. If you can't, you are worthless and do not deserve to live. Anyone who kills themselves is doing the right thing, regardless of when, how, or why they do it.

And what's maybe...two minutes (or however many, I'm guessing here) of pain when you shoot yourself in the head compared to whatever pain you think you're feeling before? Can I stress this enough: YOU WILL BE DEAD SOON SO YOU WILL NOT CARE.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I suppose I did take a few libiteries but I still think you're plain wrong. Either way, this isn't the place for this discussion.

Anyways. I really agree with djangonator. Life doesn't have any purpose other than what you give it. If you require a purpose and can't find one for yourself then I see nothing wrong with ending it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:30:45 PM by GilgameshRO »

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
To all of those making fun of the people who consider this, is it not just as bad to help them condone this act by doing this?

Maybe you misunderstand me. I fully condone suicide.

Rep:
Level 89
My answer wasn't aimed at a person. It was just my view of this kinda :]

It does express about some of the things I read though..

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
To all of those making fun of the people who consider this, is it not just as bad to help them condone this act by doing this?

Maybe you misunderstand me. I fully condone suicide.

me too
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
There are still other means to fixing ones problems, some one doesn't have to be a selfish pussy about shit. Because honestly, suicide is the love child of selfishness and cowardess. But hey, even thought fixes nothing, I can't physically stop you.

Even though, I myself see suicide as foolishness, simply can't stop people from doing it. Hell when most people threaten to do it, it's only that, a threat. I know this from the simple fact I had to talk a certain woman out of killing her self at least once a week. Although as I look back, talking her out of it may have been a mistake.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N
Even though, I myself see suicide as foolishness, simply can't stop people from doing it.

Why would you WANT to stop somebody from committing suicide? I think Gil is right- it's selfish to force somebody to live when they don't want to. And really, I don't see how it's a "decision someone might regret" if they are going to be too dead to even think it over anyway. Really, it would be foolishness to let yourself have those kinds of thoughts and then continue living, because your self-pity and lack of self-worth would always be a hinderence in whatever you chose to do.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Usually people kill themselvces over stupid shit that they can get over any ways. Seriously people kill themselves over the STUPIDEST shit ever, here's a cute example. A certain woman whom I talked out of suicide numerous times had this as a reason one time, 'I'm going to kill myself because I'm fat'. If people are willing to kill themselves over such petty things why don't they just grow some balls and deal with it?

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
Because they're ASN's.
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
What does that have to do with anything?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I guess not. All I'm saying is that if I am going to kill myself, I really don't give a fuck how anyone else is going to feel. Especially since it's only a matter of time that I'm going to be dead, you know?

Lets take an example
I shoot your say brother.

SO if you call the police then you care.
If you dont, then ur sticking to ur point, that we dont care.

SO if i shoot your bro(its hypothetical) would you call the cop?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
U H N

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Lets take an example
I shoot your say brother.

SO if you call the police then you care.
If you dont, then ur sticking to ur point, that we dont care.

SO if i shoot your bro(its hypothetical) would you call the cop?

Sometimes it seams like nightworlf is trying not to make sense...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
FuMannChu you are so dead on the idea that being suicidal is ALL a persons choice, you havent said that but I can see it. What you people dont understand, that alot of the time(Unless they ARE trying to gain pity from this) it is a mental illness in people. When people get severe cases of depression they dont do rational things.

Rep:
Level 88
What a drag...
ASN's- Attention Seeking Ninnies.

My final stand on the matter is that in some cases it can be considered right, in others it can be considered wrong. It depends on the person and the circumstances involved.
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you'd like.
Gibbs: Hooray! *throws hat*
Cap'n Jack Sparrow: Now go and get it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I understand mental illness perfecly, I dated a Bi-Polar woman for three years. And suicide is 100% some ones choice, if it wasn't then it wouldn't be fucking suicide.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
 I just joined the forums, so I'm not completely sure if we are still on the topic of suicide..but I'll give my two cents anyways.

To quote a poster I saw: "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

If someone is so depressed and hates life enough that they would commit it with no doubts, I don't believe anyone has the right to stop them, but I don't think that suicide itself should be seen as the only solution so often...

I guess what I'm saying is we only have one life to live, and that we might as well make the best of it. Sure, it probably sounds like I'm vomiting sunshine or being too positive, but that's how I see it. Most problems can be fixed, or at least temporarily mended.
Adding insult to injury, free of charge daily. ;)

Rep:
Level 89
If you understood mental illness perfectly, you would understand that some people arent in their right frame of mind when they do this. At the time it is completely their choice, but alot of these people arent thinking rationally, my mother for example tried twice to do this. She is now on medication for this, it is a mental illness she has. In her right mind she would never try to do this.