RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Science Or Signs

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
OK this topic i dunno may have been said in separate ways but i joined this topic.
Do you belive in:-

Science:-That There is no God, there is nothing as Psychics,everything in the world is scientific, there are no ghosts no monsters no nothing except advancement in science and technology.

Signs:-That our astrology is true,There Is God,There are ghosts and monsters, There are things in the world science cant explain, there is magic.

I really vote for both but more in Signs, cuz science is a thing, But It tries to show the signs part that all is in Technology, I believe in God,Ghosts,MOnster(the 2nd and 3rd i belive Less for safety)I belive in Magic, but i also belive in Science that there are a few things scientific.

(give opnions.DUH!) :mrgreen:
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Just because you believe in science does NOT mean you don't believe in God.

I believe in some kind of a celestial influence, be it one God or many I'm not sure, but I also believe in chemistry and gravity (a.k.a. science) as well.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
I belive science is the explaination of god.
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I_do_what_Odin_tells_me.

:mrgreen: I also do what Shaft tells me.

So I guess I'm saying I pick The Gods over science. I think.

Now I have Nothing Else to say. So I will use really Big Letters utill I can say something Usefull. Which will probably be in a few posts. Maybe three or four. I'm not exactly Sure.

LOOK Nightwolf,Your post is a dumb execuse of a debate.
I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST.
OK this topic i dunno may have been said in separate ways but i joined this topic.
Do you belive in:-

Science:-That There is no God, there is nothing as Psychics,everything in the world is scientific, there are no ghosts no monsters no nothing except advancement in science and technology.

Signs:-That our astrology is true,There Is God,There are ghosts and monsters, There are things in the world science cant explain, there is magic.

I really vote for both but more in Signs, cuz science is a thing, But It tries to show the signs part that all is in Technology, I believe in God,Ghosts,MOnster(the 2nd and 3rd i belive Less for safety)I belive in Magic, but i also belive in Science that there are a few things scientific.

(give opnions.DUH!) :mrgreen:

look science believes and has proof of ghost and monsters. We have technology able to talk to them.And i know you are going to say "I dont wanna argue" But look at this shit.Get more information on science before you post something like that.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
What people can
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 02:27:14 AM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
There's numerous things science can't explain.
#1. Why have there been religious sightings? Example, During a battle in a swedish war, there were ten thousand eye  witnesses who saw Odin come down from the sky  then joined the battle leading them to victory.

#2. If Gods weren't real then why has humanity thought some higher form of life exsits since humanity has begun?

#3. Why Shaft is the man.  :mrgreen:

I could think of more stuff. But I'm too lazy.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yeah, you got my point in a few sentences... I think at least...
:mrgreen: Shaft: "I said SHUT UP!"

Visit our website.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
#1. Why have there been religious sightings? Example, During a battle in a swedish war, there were ten thousand eye  witnesses who saw Odin come down from the sky  then joined the battle leading them to victory.
Sorry but I'm gonna call bullsh*t on that one. So what, they saw some huge guy on a horse come down from the SKY, go to their side, and then they think "oh ok i dont no where u came from but thx !!" and they battle on? This is basically explained in the last paragraph in this post.

#2. If Gods weren't real then why has humanity thought some higher form of life exsits since humanity has begun?
It's the easiest way to explain how we got here. Back then there was no knowlegde of science, technology or evolution, and that was the only logical explanation they could come up with.

I see relegions as explanations that people have thought up. They see their explanation as flawless, and beleive in it continuously until they eventually become entirely convinced in it. I see people saying "I know god lives". No you don't.

Think of stories; playground rumors almost, that are told by your friends to you. After being told by one person who had it told to him, the facts are usually somewhat different or coloured. Think what hundreds or thousands of years could do to such a story. Tell enough people, who fall subject to the paragraph above, and there's your "religion".
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 03:04:29 AM by Silverline »
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
LOOK Nightwolf,Your post is a dumb execuse of a debate.
I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST

We got an all in 1 over here, he's a student, he's popular, he died his hair at 9, ppl say he's dumb and now he;s a scientologist
Mental what u said was a repetation of the same point which i wont follow cuz its DEBATE around here...thats what the TITLE says

#1. Why have there been religious sightings? Example, During a battle in a swedish war, there were ten thousand eye witnesses who saw Odin come down from the sky then joined the battle leading them to victory.

Not numerous my friend. Science has advanced so much and got into ppl minds that half of the things are explainable,science just cant explain the presence of God so it says that there is no God.

Humanity thought that there is some life of existence because they saw it happen, atleast i can say Indian God Exist cuz ppl witnessed the Ramayan and The Mahabharat, they wrote books on it, and it was passed from generation.Gods Are For Real.

But science can
Arlen is hot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Uh...

I believe in the String Theory; that ghosts are a form of our alter existance in another dimension, that just happened to slip through a large string. Google "Nova" and look for info about the String Theory of you're cool.

And Silverline linked me to this... So what? Um... I'm not voting because there isn't a option for OTHER.  :wink:

People may think in evolution and evolving from bacteria and organisms etc. But we're so advance, we have to be designed in some way, and I'm not saying via a GOD or another superior race. Cliffs are formed by the sea, it could just be bacteria, yeah, I suppose. But this just gets people thinking too much and turn into a OMFG YOU'RE WRONG, I HATE YOU kind of war...  :cry:

But yeah, I love this kind of stuff ^^
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 04:43:17 PM by Doak »
Oh, really? That's good.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Okay. Sceince can't explian why Shaft is awesome. You must admit that one.

Science cannot explian why the song The Gods Made Heavy Metal by Manowar kills Emos. I played it once on campus and some Emo kid fell over having seisures, then his emo buddies came in to help and WTF they ended up getting seisures too. It was crazy.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Visit our website.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
The purpose of life is too die.The rest is an obsticle.
Why don
Visit our website.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I actually thought the meaning of life was to figure out the meaning of life.

:mrgreen: ~ Shaft has no idea what you just said.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
You see, what I mean, mental? Everybody has his own opinion. Science can help us understand a few things around us, but it
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 08:53:38 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
That's part of the reason I don't have a religion. Back then, when people were starting religions, they didn't have science to help them explain things, so they took the only way they could think of: creating a god.

Now we have science to prove things, and help us explain things that they couldn't do way back when, and religion is becoming more and more disproved all the time.

But, that's only semi-on-topic.
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
But theres still some things science hasn't figured out yet. That's why people still have religion. Its unfortunate that some of the major religions are totally insane. Hopefully thanks to the Pagan Revival movement, more people will be partaking in sane religions.

Science dosen't know why,
#1. The meaning of life.
#2. If some higher form of life doesn't exsist, then why do we swear up and down there is.

Also, The Gods made Heavy Metal. It explains perfectly why real Metal is awesome. And why the band Manowar gives Emos seisures.

Also, The Gods don't like Emos.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Just to claraficate this

i heard this by a "Scropture teacher at school"

If there was no god there would be a need to make one
My Cookie