RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Official 'I HATE TECHNOLOGY" Rant Thread

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Refer to: All DRM

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
For real. Related; fuck uPlay.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 82
For real. Related; fuck uPlay.

The only thing I like about it is that you can use your achievement points to get some free stuff. Otherwise,

QFT.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 96
Hey guys, here for another rant!

So I'm trying to play Witcher 2, and after waiting 3 hours for it to download all fucking 16 GB of it, it hanged for 2 minutes with "first time install" crap before it started up. But hey, whatever, it worked. I stopped playing, and came back to it just now, and it's doing the first time 2 minute install hang thing AGAIN, and apparently this is a common and completely unresolved issue, which is fucking ridiculous. Have you not made video games before, CDProjekt? Is this your first time? I tried one of the user solutions of uninstalling .NET framework, because that's what it keeps trying to install again and again and again, and each time it takes 2 minutes. So yeah, did that and now it just crashes on startup, it doesn't even try to install it one more time, correctly, like people said it would. So I uninstalled the whole damn game, and I'm gonna try downloading it again.

So I figured, in the meantime, maybe I'll play Minecraft. It's been a while, and I've been jonesing for it.

Minecraft.net is down. Server error.

See, this is annoying because my girlfriend and I just went out to dinner, and got back, and were like "let's do our own thing for an hour or so and then watch Netflix and go to bed." So now "my own thing" consists of staring at a computer screen waiting for a fucking 16GB file to download, and NOT playing Minecraft. And then watching Netflix and going to bed, which isn't bad. Well, actually, I'll have to stop the download to watch Netflix. And then I'll turn the computer off when I go to bed, because it's noisy and blinky. So the 16GB file won't be done until tomorrow at 10 am, if I get up at 8. But oh, right, I have an interview at 11, and another at 2:30.

tl;dr: I just wanted to play some fucking Witcher 2, and I won't be able to, now, until 4 PM tomorrow. For an hour. Then my girlfriend will get home, and we'll have dinner, and then it'll probably still not work.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'm also getting really tired of unresolved issues in video games, including gamebreaking bugs and glitches. I guess those are still better than not being able to even install the game at all. It's like they're saying "HAHA WE HAVE YOUR MONEY SCREW YOU BITCHES"
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
Honestly, if I complained to CDProjekt they would probably give me my money back, and then mail me an Xbox version and a free Xbox 360 to play it on, with an additional collector's edition and a 7' tall cardboard cutout of Geralt the Witcher, a replica necklace from the game, and 35 t-shirts.

Seriously, did you hear what they did when people weren't 100% crazy about the game? They re-released an "enhanced version" of the game, adding 10+GB of content, expanding chapters, and including the current DLC, and gave it away FOR FREE to people that had already purchased the original. Plus the enhanced version came with a goddamn map, a DVD of extras, an art book, and all this other crazy neat stuff. Like, the first version wasn't even BAD. It just had a few flaws, and was a bit too difficult, so they were like "you know what, here. Better game, and tons of free stuff. Because we love you! <3"

And full price, on Steam, it's still only $20. And it's on sale all the goddamn time. Like 50% off. They're practically giving the damn game away.

Edit: Better article:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/07/why-giving-out-content-for-free-was-the-right-thing-for-cd-projekt-red/

I may hate technology from time to time, but I do love CDProjekt Red.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 02:12:24 AM by Dr_Arlen »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Often times you can just start the game's .exe directly, without having to start it via steam. At least then it should avoid the "first time setup" stuff.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
CdProjekt gave me a free copy of the Xbox version to review on Facebook and spread the word, because I'm a huge fan of theirs. They, Valve, and Irrational are the three best game companies for big-budget releases, in my opinion.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Stardock also deserves some love.
bringing sexy back