RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Official 'I HATE TECHNOLOGY" Rant Thread

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I'm trying to update JW Player. I replaced all the files, but online it says it's STILL the old version.

....so

I DELETED the player.swf file. It's gone. No longer on my webspace. GONE.

so then I type in ryanleber.com/content/player.swf

AND IT LOADS

HOW

FUCKING HOW DOES IT LOAD

I CLEARED ALL MY CACHES

I CLEARED EVERYTHING

WHY

WHY IS IT STILL THERE

WHY WONT IT GO AWAY

ARGHHH I FUCKING HATE WORKING WITH VIDEO WHY CAN'T THINGS JUST FUCKING WORK
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:23:25 AM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
I just made the new player player2.swf and went back and changed all the html files to reference player2.swf instead of player.swf.
This shit is ridiculous. It shouldn't be this hard just to get a decently-sized but still good quality video to stream online.
Add to this the fact that my roomate likes to UNPLUG THE FUCKING ROUTER TO PLAY ON STEAM FOR 8 HOURS WHEN HE GETS HOME FROM WORK. (he pays for comcast, and so do I)
Nice. Now I can't upload anything, because our school's wired internet is complete shit.
ARGH. Guess I'll just go spend another 74 hours trying to get a halfway decent encode of just one of the four videos I have online.

This thread is now the official rant about technology thread.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:25:41 AM by Arlen »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Upload the source videos, I'll have a go at compressing them =o
bringing sexy back

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
lol. I like technology, I don't like when my webpages break tho :(

Rep:
Level 96
Okay. Apparently my web hosting is fucking haunted. I just logged in, and made some edits to the html and css through their file manager online, and certain styles and things wouldn't change. So I downloaded the files, and opened them on my drive, locally, and they DID change. The changes I made show correctly on my local drive, but the virtually identical files on the server do NOT. What the hell is going on with my hosting?

edit: stupid web browsers and their differences between F5, reload, and ctrl+F5.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:47:10 PM by Arlen »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
What host do you use? Could always move =o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
I would, but I pay $170 every two years for "unlimited" space and "unlimited" bandwidth at StartLogic.
And I also JUST payed it, lol, so if I'm gonna switch I'm should wait another 20 or so months.

Rep:
Level 102
You should search about your prospective next host on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

Incidentally, the entire first page of a search I did on startlogic was 100% bad results.

I would recommend http://www.eleven2.com/ - My experience with them is from using them for more lightweight hosting and serving downloads, which they do pretty good. Actually, when I make my VPS grab files from E2, it regularly gets above 80mbit/s, which is amazing for a cheap shared host.

Nouman is also in bed with them or something, he could probably get you some kind of cheaper deal. I pay $96 yearly.

If you've just renewed with startlogic, then now is perhaps a good time to ask for that renewal to be refunded.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
Granted, their entire first page about StartLogic was all about 1 topic, their email. Which DOES suck. But I use gmail, so what's the point?

I'll look into eleven2.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKIN' BRAGGIN' RIGHT.

Rep:
Level 96
No matter what you have faced in the world of technology, NOTHING will EVER be more difficult, time consuming, or downright ass backwards than trying to set up a wireless printer.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
What about trying to get games to work on Windows Vista? :V

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
What about trying to get games to work on Windows Vista? :V

What about trying to get games to work on a Mac? :V