RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How the hell?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Oh hoh boy when she reads that she will be ecstatic. :\
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 86
Argh!
Sorry to disappoint but I'm not.
Anyways I am still waiting for your response as to
why you believe in evolution.

Rep:
Level 86
Imperial Wizard of the Kvlt Klux Klan

We believe in evolution because there is proof. You believe otherwise because you are a masturbator who gets off on the idea that god made you special.
HATEFUCKINGFOREST 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian

We believe in evolution because there is proof. You believe otherwise because you are a masturbator who gets off on the idea that god made you special.

You should read her poetry.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
LOL Oh boy this is great.
A person who doesn't believe in evolution because they dont want to "follow the crowd"
What a rebel. LOL

But yeah I believe in Evolution because it is based on proven facts.
It is easy to see where we came from.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
It is easy to see where we came from.
We evolved from dolphins apparently, so the whole idea of evolution is wrong.  Even though we evolved from them.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
We evolved from dolphins apparently
explain how that works
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Ok, let me combine the two arguments and explain how you all are both wrong.
Evolution happens, what it does is it weeds out the weak animals/people in a large group. This allows for the animals/people to get more good traits and less bad ones. That is ESSENTIALLY evolution.
But, God did make everybody special, he made us in his own image. That means we all kinda look like him.

We did not evolve from other creatures, we ourselves evolved into what we are today.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
We evolved from dolphins apparently, so the whole idea of evolution is wrong.  Even though we evolved from them.

Joking ?_? if not: no, we can't have evolved from an already existing species, perhaps you meant that we had a common ancestor with them..?

Ok, let me combine the two arguments and explain how you all are both wrong.
Evolution happens, what it does is it weeds out the weak animals/people in a large group. This allows for the animals/people to get more good traits and less bad ones. That is ESSENTIALLY evolution.
But, God did make everybody special, he made us in his own image. That means we all kinda look like him.

We did not evolve from other creatures, we ourselves evolved into what we are today.

Thank you for enlightening us. But evolution directly goes against the Christian (and many other) ideas of creation.

Christians say the planet is 6000 years old, if you believe in that then the only way evolution would work going by current counted species would be by something called Super Evolution (something used by creationist to explain away the time problem with current natural selection mechanics).

The basic idea is that god gave animals special tools to help them rapidly evolve after the world flood, which may sound plausible enough, excluding that the rate of evolution to account for the change in species would be about (on average) 200 000-300 000x  more then what the rate of evolution is now.

A rate fast enough to kill any animal put through it. Of course that's not even mentioning: if gods willing to manipulate in our affairs on such a heavy level, why not just magically 'make shit right' instantly rather then causing a world flood..?

Evolution is a direct bane to your god, the only option for you is to deny it, or deny many, many parts of your holy book. Denial of one thing or the other seems to be the norm amongst Xians anyway nowa days, so you mays well...

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~

This video is about the earlier posts to this topic.

(I know I have posted this video Twice but its understandable)

Rep:
Level 86
Imperial Wizard of the Kvlt Klux Klan
a great post

Sometimes you make good posts. However, I believe our esteemed Dr. Hovind referred to "super evolution" as 'variation' in order to avoid the EVIL E word.

Now that's creationist logic! It's like Nintendo logic but BETTER.
HATEFUCKINGFOREST 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I don't think I was clear, PART of eveloution is correct, God but us all on the Earth, but then we evolved into some thing better.

And about the flood, he wanted to teach future generations about how he is not going to destroy the world before it is supposed. As for the animals, lets say, in the very beginning that lions did eat animals. That includes humans, if they lions had eaten Adam and/or Eve, we would be toast.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
if they lions had eaten Adam and/or Eve, we would be toast.
Not really, since there is no definite proof that Adam and/or Eve existed
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Final Fantasy 7

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I don't think I was clear, PART of eveloution is correct, God but us all on the Earth, but then we evolved into some thing better.

And about the flood, he wanted to teach future generations about how he is not going to destroy the world before it is supposed. As for the animals, lets say, in the very beginning that lions did eat animals. That includes humans, if they lions had eaten Adam and/or Eve, we would be toast.

Oh my bad, I see your a Xian that already denies/ignores parts that clash with your religion, feel free to ignore/deny that last post of mine.

So "part"  of evolution is correct? Has your advanced study of geology and biology lead you to this conclusion? Perhaps you would like to tell us the method in which you came to the decision that happens to go against the majority of the scientific community, people who have spent their live researching this theory?

Do you have a judgment on the quantum theory and relativity, or the space time flux? If not, how can you make a judgment on evolution? It's in the same level of complexness, it uses the same scientific method and has just as much evidence, please do tell.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

Yes we would be toast, as if they had been alive then we would all be related, every child would be inbred, in my option i wouldn't choose creationism etc  version, not because i believe it's wrong, but 'cus i dont wanna believe im sleeping with a relative =/

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Look, I heard it from my christian biology teacher.

I completly believe in the Bible.
But the parts of evolution that do not clash with the Bible are true, that is what Im trying to say

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
the parts of evolution that do not clash with the Bible are true, that is what Im trying to say
The parts of evolution that do clash with the Bible have also been proven true.

Final Fantasy 7

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
The bible says that mankind came from a man and a woman, who had 3 male children... what dose that tell you about the bible?

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 86
Argh!
I do not believe in evolution but there is something in Evolution that I completely agree with.
That there are deformities and that DNA changes because everything changes with time.
But, the DNA will only slightly change from what it was originally. But I don't believe that it will
change a fish into a bird. I understand when you say there is proof that Evolution is real.
Would you mind listing some of those evidences that will support your theory/truth?
Whichever one you so choose to call it.

And to your statement about how they only had male children,
well its not to hard to figure out.
Either Adam and Eve had a daughter and she had sex with her brothers
or Eve had sex with her sons and they had daughters.
Get it?
Some people might find that concept disturbing but sometimes you gotta do what it takes to
populate the Earth.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
omg... ;-;

Will all of these morons please kill themselves.

I'm out :(

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
And to your statement about how they only had male children,
well its not to hard to figure out.
Either Adam and Eve had a daughter and she had sex with her brothers
or Eve had sex with her sons and they had daughters.
Get it?
Some people might find that concept disturbing but sometimes you gotta do what it takes to
populate the Earth.
Or maybe we just came from more than just two people, and did not have to resort to inbreeding
to populate the planet. Y'know, the evolution theory and all?

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 86
Argh!
Maybe.
But when you think about it we are all related whether
you believe in Evolution or Creation.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
That I can agree on...
We are all related, because we came from the same anscestor, but those ties are diluted.

Final Fantasy 7

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, and when a guy fucks his sheep he's actually fucking one of his distant cousins.
INCESTUOUS!
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.