RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How the hell?

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
As members of the animal kingdom, we are pretty pathetic come to think of it. We are some of the weakest, slowest, clumsiest, most defensless animals on the planet. So how the hell are we dominating the entire planet? Technicaly, we should be hiding in caves, narrowly escaping death by the fangs and claws of a more dominant animal, like the tiger or lion. Does our intelect really make such a difference?
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
So how the hell are we dominating the entire planet?

Because we're the most massively intelligent creatures our planet has ever produced.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
yes, but our evolution has taken us millions of years. We weren't so smart back then... and still we managed to survive. What I'm saying is: our intelect was meant to prevent us from being wiped out, not dominate everything.
I'm the pigeon and you're the statue... doesn't take a genius to work out who's been shat on.

Final Fantasy 7

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
How can chimpanzees or orangutans survive? They don't have any natural defenses, either.

We've had tools for a while now, and before that we still had cooperation and learning. Ten men with spears could bring down some tough game,  and when they used strategies like driving the prey off a cliff they could take any animal they wanted. A single human or one of his ancestors isn't particularly fearsome but with cooperation and tools they reached the top of the food chain.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
I see.... I supposed I overlooked that bit.
Yeah, as humans we are very sociable, so it would make sence if we had some sort of a community back in the ancient times.
Now I'd like to bring up another topic... what now? Where is the human race going now?

Final Fantasy 7

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Put it in another thread and I'll hazard a guess.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
How can chimpanzees or orangutans survive?
Most feral primates can rip a human being limb from limb.  They aren't pussies.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
Most feral primates can rip a human being limb from limb.  They aren't pussies.
Exactly, however they rely on instinct to survive. We evolved beyond that

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
We are a fluke, we are too intelligent, and not strong enough to survive without advanced intelligence, so we should have died in our early stages of evolution.

Rep:
Level 87
Shazamn bithes
We are a fluke, we are too intelligent, and not strong enough to survive without advanced intelligence, so we should have died in our early stages of evolution.
And that's exactly the point I'm tryin to make, thanks biohazard

Final Fantasy 7

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Nooo problem.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
And that's exactly the point I'm tryin to make, thanks biohazard

Except that he's wrong. With our intelligence we didn't need to be exceptionally strong or have natural defenses beyond an immune system.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Did you know that the human brain is the perfect design for intelligence (within the realm of brains)? Any bigger, and we wouldn't be able to process information as fast, meaning it would be less efficient. It's actually impossible to improve, unless you want to talk about cybernetics.

And with such a beautiful creation, it's so disorientating that stupid threads like this manage happen.

As members of the animal kingdom, we are pretty pathetic come to think of it.

Well, feel free to put yourself into that category, as I am doing with you after reading your posts, but please don't take the same courtesy with myself or others.

We are some of the weakest, slowest, clumsiest, most defensless animals on the planet. So how the hell are we dominating the entire planet? Technicaly, we should be hiding in caves, narrowly escaping death by the fangs and claws of a more dominant animal, like the tiger or lion.

I'm sorry, seen a gun lately? We have the most power gift of all animals: the power of creation.

Does our intelect really make such a difference?

Yours? No. The rest of mankind; well, yeah, I thought that was obvious ???

yes, but our evolution has taken us millions of years. We weren't so smart back then... and still we managed to survive. What I'm saying is: our intelect was meant to prevent us from being wiped out, not dominate everything.

Says who? What happens when a sentient being enters the playing field? We can only take our own example, as that is the only one we can observe so far, which would have to tell you that domination is the natural path!

Right about the fluke, as high intelligence is not needed for a creature to survive, it may not even be a desirable thing to happen in stages of evolution, but as Saladin said, we do not need strong arms to survive; our intellect is strong enough.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I'm sorry, seen a gun lately? We have the most power gift of all animals: the power of creation.
Nice.

WE humans to put it very simply so you inferior minds can comprehend, is the only species on Earth that not only can protect ourselves, but also able to save all other species in this world.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
It's always darkest before morning
This world was built on trial and error, remember that.
Evolution is based on trial and error, we mutate in a variety of ways, depending on our ancestors, when evolution realized that intellect could be the best tool to defend ourselves with, and this was i'm sure, because of trial and error, the incompetent or less intelligent ones died off, not knowing how to fend for themselves. eventually we became intelligent enough to know that not helping someone who was on the verge of death was not right, we started helping the "intellectually challenged", so we kinda beat Evolution on that part. ah! and same goes for certain physical characteristics people of different regions are born with, darker skinned people are more suited to desert-like climates since they've adapted to it. as we move to colder regions, people become lighter-skinned since we don't need as much protection from the sun, we kinda lose what we don't use.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Evolution is not a thing that realizes things, and it can't be tricked or beaten. It is a process, that's all.

Rep:
Level 87
Evolution is a process of trial and error, the good genes keep evolving, while the bad or useless ones die off, so intelligence could be presumed as genetic,  if the smart person lives on while the less intelligent dies off, then the intelligent one goes on to father more with the gene for intelligence ( or brain size, if considered) while the dead one rots away and is unable to carry on the out of date gene.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Evolution is a process of trial and error, the good genes keep evolving, while the bad or useless ones die off, so intelligence could be presumed as genetic,  if the smart person lives on while the less intelligent dies off, then the intelligent one goes on to father more with the gene for intelligence ( or brain size, if considered) while the dead one rots away and is unable to carry on the out of date gene.

Evolution has to do with adapting to the current situation, not constant improvement as it sounds like you're implying. Animals aren't 'better' then their last evolutionary link, they simply are more adapted.

But perhaps I misread what you meant, is that the case ?_?

Rep:
Level 87
lol yea kinda I said Evolution is a process of trial and error, if evolution screws up somewhere, the gene dies off by natural selection, the one that actually comes in handy stays. if that didnt clear things up, yea i think i don't know what i'm saying >_<

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Maybe you shouldn't write posts like a dumb AIM obsessed schoolgirl.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
And maybe you shouldn't write posts like a bitter old man.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Non sequiturs are my least favorite.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
lol yea kinda I said Evolution is a process of trial and error, if evolution screws up somewhere, the gene dies off by natural selection, the one that actually comes in handy stays. if that didnt clear things up, yea i think i don't know what i'm saying >_<

he is perfectly correct. My biology teacher said this last year. It's simple
Say the tree that a few giraffes eat from is really tall. If one guy has a short neck he will die.
Its kinda like that, but much more complicated

Rep:
Level 86
Imperial Wizard of the Kvlt Klux Klan
In terms of biomass, roaches or worms or seaweed or something are the true lords of this world.
HATEFUCKINGFOREST 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I cant see roaches or worms, but I could definetly see coral or seaweed.