RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Paranomal, Urban legends, Myths... Odd things !!!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
If you ever get that again the best thing to do is ask your mate to draw what he felt and you do the same with out describing what you though was going to flip the car... compare pictures...

I think Science likes making excuse's for the paranormal... try watching the film the entity its based on real ife events...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082334/

One of The events that took place:-
The real-life Carla Moran's teenage son described a particularly vicious attack in which Carla was thrown by the malevolent force and hit her head. He tried to intervene, but he was also thrown, breaking his arm. In the filming of the movie, the actor playing the son broke his arm in that scene, and the curtains tore from top to bottom without explanation.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Silverline
Quote from: landofshadows
did you see a small like woman at the foot of your bed... or did it feel like some one holding your ankles ?.... Cuz thats associatted with what I call the Dancer... (You might find some thing on this searching on night-terrors...)

I named it the Dancer... I don't mind the dancer much... its not that bad when you get used to it...

I had something like this once, except then she started taking off all her clothes! OMG !!

Then she made her way up the bed, and, well..  :O_o:

that is what some call a wet dream :lol:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Wet dreams are the shizm shazm..... Well no, not really.

Rep:
Level 91
you people are sick...

I had something like this once, except then she started taking off all her clothes! OMG !!

Then she made her way up the bed, and, well..

he then realized it's a guy in a wig and he ran away screaming..

the lesson for us all : never believe a clown when he say he is actually a girl
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep:
Level 91
and you call us sick.  :x

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Here... Why not watch out for the Loch Ness Monster.... Loch ness is a Giant lake type thing in Scotland...

http://www.lochness.co.uk/livecam/nonjava.html

This would make a nice Battler... for an underwater battle... Hummm...
http://www.tvacres.com/images/serpents_lochness.jpg

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
On an island in the middle of the sea (Knowone knows which) There is a big cloud of smoke that got a guy called Locke and tried to drag him down a hole. Also, there are strange people that take all of the good people into paradise. A guy named Hurley encountered strange numbers that he then saw on the side of a hatch, which was blown up. Other stuff happened, but everyone is still on that island, and not even god knows where it is.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
On an island in the middle of the sea (Knowone knows which) There is a big cloud of smoke that got a guy called Locke and tried to drag him down a hole. Also, there are strange people that take all of the good people into paradise. A guy named Hurley encountered strange numbers that he then saw on the side of a hatch, which was blown up. Other stuff happened, but everyone is still on that island, and not even god knows where it is.

And I thought I was incoherent........

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
When I was 8, me and my friend were sleeping on the couch.
All of a sudden we wake up. and my dog starts barking.
I mean like, the whole house wokeup before my dog started yapping. So, we look up, and on the ceiling there was a green black shadow. It was hooded, had like a triangle for a body and it was weird

/O_O\
   \___  ____/
         \/

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I would have been scared out of my MIND. That kinda shit is what gets to me...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
If I saw it I would of gotten Paladin of Thor on it's monkey ass.

Rep:
Level 96
I love google. I type in THIS:

Green Black Shadow Ghost

And I get THIS:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Mah squirrel! It's mine! Imma name him J.P. McPuffenmeyer! Mah squirrel!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I am going to enrole on a paranormal college class... Learn as much as I can about Magnetic fields and how they can alter peoples perseption etc...

I have seen some odd shite... and Heard things too... And the really odd thing is if you search online others have seen and heard simular...

I am wondering if there an altenative dimenssion inhabited by creatures that move through time... and some times we see them as they stumble into our time frame...

At the moment in my house we keep getting a sulffer type smell... we can be sitting watching TV then the smell will just happen and as soon as one of us mentions it the smell goes... this happens in every room... and it can be at different heights.... like my GF can be sitting on the floor and smell it, stand up and the smell is gone, sit back down the smell is there... Its just plain odd...the smell doesn't fade in or out, it just happens right away...

Some things people see, hear and smell they dissmiss... if only people would take time to look at things with a more open mind may be we would know what causes these effects by now...

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Areas with a high electromagnetic field can make people feel as though they're being watched, and if I remember correctly, can cause them to "smell" things.

You should check the electrical wiring where you live.
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Also, Make sure your grounded so you don't get electricuted.

Also, one time I had sleep paralasys, and I halucinated an old hobo in the corner of the room looking all paranoid. It was cool. Too bad it went away after I blinked a couple times.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Hummm... Old Hobo you say...  Right...   ::)

The hularity... its killing me... Please stop...

I watched an old film the other day called the Enterty(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity)... May a creature based of no substance could be the things plauging the night light hours... ??

The film to buy online:- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082334/

More on the events and real life story:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Moran

Some of the area's in this film are very simular to sleep paralasis... etc...

Rep:
Level 96
Speaking of weirdness, I haven't been thrown out of any chairs lately...or fallen out of bed...maybe whatever it was got scared off by logic?? Or maybe it only affects people who are thinking on a certain wave-length...hmph.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Actually, I'm serious. I've halucinated while i've had sleep paralasys a few times. It's fricking awesome.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Agh, I hate sleep paralysis. I believe in ghosts and whatnot, but I personally don't think it has anything to do with the supernatural. At least for the most part.

Actually I had sleep paralysis yesterday morning, and I was all like "damnit, I'm uncomfortable. ROLL OVER! Ugh, why won't you move you idiot?". And then I fell back asleep, without readjusting myself, heh.

Rep:
Level 96
Hmm...I saw something sitting on my bed post once, but I swung at it, and it dissappeared. Thank goodness, it was only a few inches from my face, and it had this horrible little smile on it's face...UGH...Maybe they appear to those with sleep paralysis because they do not feel there is a threat in being seen?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I have never had sleep paralysis or seen anything crazy.

Rep:
Level 97
Hmm...I saw something sitting on my bed post once, but I swung at it, and it dissappeared. Thank goodness, it was only a few inches from my face, and it had this horrible little smile on it's face...UGH...Maybe they appear to those with sleep paralysis because they do not feel there is a threat in being seen?

The medical establishment is quite aware of this phenomenon, but has a less sensational name than "old hag syndrome" for it. They call it "sleep paralysis" or SP (sometimes ISP for "isolated sleep paralysis").

So what causes it? Dr. Max Hirshkowitz, director of the Sleep Disorders Center at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Houston, says that sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is in the transition state between deep, dreaming sleep (known as REM sleep for its rapid eye movement) and waking up. During REM dreaming sleep, the brain has turned off most of the body's muscle function so we cannot act out our dreams - we are temporarily paralyzed.

"Sometimes your brain doesn't fully switch off those dreams - or the paralysis - when you wake up," Hirshkowitz told ABC News. "That would explain the 'frozen' feeling and hallucinations associated with sleep paralysis." According to his research, the effect only really lasts from a few seconds to as long as a minute, but in this half-dream half-awake state, to the victim it can seem much longer.

In her article, "Help! I Can't Move!," Florence Cardinal, About.com's Guide Sleep Disorders, writes: "Sleep paralysis is often accompanied by vivid hallucinations. There may be a sense someone is in the room, or even hovering over you. At other times, there seems to be pressure on the chest, as though someone or something perched there. There may even be sexual attacks associated with the hallucinations. The sound of footsteps, doors opening and closing, voices, all can be a very frightening part of sleep paralysis. These are known as Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Experiences and they are what make people dread an episode of sleep paralysis."

- For all their explanations, however, the sleep experts still do not know what causes the brain to screw up like this, or why some people experience it more than others. But there are some theories:

- "Episodes of paralysis can occur when the body is in any position, but happen most frequently when the sleeper is lying flat on his or her back. Intense fear is common, but sometimes other strong emotions, such as sadness or anger, are present," says Florence Cardinal in "The Terror of Sleep Paralysis."

- For some, SP is often brought about by not getting enough sleep or being overtired.

- Likewise, disrupted sleep schedules or circadian rhythm disturbances can produce an episode of sleep paralysis.

- It is more common in people who suffer from severe anxiety or bipolar disorder.

- Some research shows that SP is five times more likely to occur with people who are taking such anti-anxiety drugs as Xamax or Valium.

- A study found that 35 percent of subjects with isolated sleep paralysis also report a history of wake panic attacks unrelated to the experience of paralysis.

How can you prevent sleep paralysis? According to clinical research, you may be able to minimize the episodes by following good sleep hygiene:

- get enough sleep
- reduce stress
- exercise regularly (but not too close to bedtime)
- keep a regular sleep schedule

"For some people this may not be possible, however," says Florence Cardinal, "so instead let's look at ways to escape from the grip of sleep paralysis. The best remedy is to will yourself to move, even if it's only the wiggling of your little finger. This is often sufficient to break the spell. If you can manage it, scream! Your roommate may not appreciate it, but it's better than suffering through a long and fear-filled episode. If all else fails, seek professional help.

"Sounds like good advice. The bottom line is that you really have nothing to fear, in a paranormal sense, from sleep paralysis. That old hag you feel perched on your chest may be nothing more than the anxiety of living in a stressful world.

Chances are what you saw was just due to the fact you were still "dreaming".

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Sometimes, ill ask a question in my dream, then some freaking scary image will wake me up, and Ill be staring the answer in the face. Like today, I was like really strong in my dream, then I started to run, and I asked what am I afraid of? (it was night of course) and some zombie girl with a jacked up face woke me up. And I was staring right at a light bulb. So, I was running away from the light. Its kinda scary, since it happens alot.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Mah daddy gets awesome sleep paralasys halucinations too.... MAH DADDY KICKS ASS, YOURS DOES NOT!