RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How can you honestly not believe in what the bible says?

Rep:
Level 88
Might be slightly off-topic, but I want to link another thread from a forum for a different game in relevance to this debate.

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1198669

It has some interesting stuff in it. For one, events are lining up to show that something significant MIGHT happen in 2010 in regards to the End of Times. It is only 53 posts, although some are quite long, so you guys should check it out.
STILL NEED FEEDBACK ON MY RUNNING/JUMPING SYSTEM!
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,16158.0.html

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
In the words of the famous Rodney King, "Why can't we all just get along?"

S-S-S-SUPER STANDING OVATION

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Might be slightly off-topic, but I want to link another thread from a forum for a different game in relevance to this debate.

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1198669

It has some interesting stuff in it. For one, events are lining up to show that something significant MIGHT happen in 2010 in regards to the End of Times. It is only 53 posts, although some are quite long, so you guys should check it out.

I just read it. So far I can only say:
HAHAHAHA! People are so afraid of death! xD
And I hate that RFID technology already if it's gonna do that what is said there. !_!
OH SHIT, WE'RE ALL DEAD!

EDIT:
I seriously doubt Christians will be hunted and killed. I mean one third of the world if believing in Jesus. =/
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
Most of these SUPAR DETAILED PROPHECIES seem to be pretty standard. Jewish religion focuses on the hardships of the present while predicting a glorious future (a fruitful, populous Israel), so the prophecies regarding Israel's future are hardly mind-blowing, especially when you consider the fact that Israelis are all familiar with Jewish prophecy and would work to fulfill them. Also, a lot of these prophecies are vague and rely on Christian interpretation to be true.

Some of the weakest prophecies on those lists concern the defeat of the Edomites and the destruction of Tyre. The prophecies about the Edomites are obvious revenge fantasies that came true 400 years later. Almost any prophecy will come true after hundreds of years, especially prophecies that predict the destruction of cities. Tyre is an important city in a region that has a lot of wars, so its destruction is not a surprise. Tyre was destroyed, yes, but by Alexander, not Nebuchadnezzar. Just because it was destroyed eventually does not mean the prophecy was fulfilled. Their claims regarding the rebuilding of Tyre are incredibly weaksauce. It wasn't rebuilt by Phoenicians, so it doesn't count!

I've has a lot of fun reading this site, which lists a lot of failed prophecies and contradictions. My favorite is this one:

"According to Jon 3:4, Nineveh will be overthrown in 40 days, but then God changed his mind about having Nineveh overthrown. (See Jon 3:10.)"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 06:43:49 AM by Saladin »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I have a few prophecies:

~Posts about religion on the RMRK forums will continue indefinately, with no person being wrong. As far as beliefs go, you are always right to yourself.

~cobragamer will naturally revert every topic he posts in to be about the bible.

~Ruhani will lock his own post, stating that everyone is ignorant when in reality, his mind is just too closed to entertain anyone else's opinion.

~This topic will devolve into a pissing contest, as every other eventually does.

~In about 20 minutes, thousands of unborn children will meet a grizzly fate, when I flush a piece of kleenex down the toilet.

~Tsunokiette will continue to back cobragamer up no matter what~
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:51:04 PM by Tsunokiette »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
You forgot one.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I think it's funny how they ignore your good facts.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
Corection it was not a prophesy it was a warning and according to the next few chapter ninevah believed so why can't you
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:30:37 PM by cobragamer »

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
The last three posts made no sense whatsoever.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
The last three posts made no sense whatsoever.

I edited Holkeye's post to include -

~Tsunokiette will continue to back cobragamer up no matter what~

Irockman was saying it's funny that everyone ignores fact.

Cobragamer was refering to this -

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13885.msg178894.html#msg178894

Or more specifically, this -

"According to Jon 3:4, Nineveh will be overthrown in 40 days, but then God changed his mind about having Nineveh overthrown. (See Jon 3:10.)"

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The Bible cannot be proven as fact, so no one is ignoring anything, except those of you who keep throwing out Bible verses.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
The Bible cannot be proven as fact, so no one is ignoring anything, except those of you who keep throwing out Bible verses.

Wrong. Sorry, but that's just wrong.

Archaelogists said the Bible was false because it mentioned a mine with ore they didn't believe existed in the Middle East. Then they found it. :/

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
keep throwing out Bible verses.
[Ezekiel 25:17]
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Wrong. Sorry, but that's just wrong.

Archaelogists said the Bible was false because it mentioned a mine with ore they didn't believe existed in the Middle East. Then they found it. :/

lol, and that proves what? That Jesus existed? That there is a God? Because there was ONE thing in the Bible that was later proved true? Just because one place that was mentioned in the Bible was found to have existed, that doesn't mean anything. That's like saying since there are presents underneath my tree Christmas morning, then Santa must exist, because they weren't there when I went to bed.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 01:00:27 PM by Silverline »

Rep:
Level 88
Does anything really make sense? Explain how anything was formed in the first place. Explain where time and space comes from. There are some thing that don't have a Scientific explanation.

"I don't understand it. God must have made it." I love the logic, it's simple

I think religious people like yourself are weak-minded cowards, if you want an honest opinion. You can't accept the world as it is, so you need to make up a God to hide behind
How does believing differently than you make me a coward? You can't except the fact that Christianity has allot more facts to back it up than the theory of evolution. And how do you go across calling billions of people "weak-minded cowards"?
Until evolution becomes a scientific law after passing the scientific method I am not going to believe in it. You can post here all you want but I advise you don't attempt to insult anyone. That's not why I made this thread. And also I don't "Hide behind God" I worship him for he created everything and cares for everyone.

Or I could just beleive we came up from some shit on the ground.
Theroy of Evolution was disproved years ago man.......

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
How exactly was the THEORY of evolution disproved?  I think it is much more likely than "god made the world 6000 years ago, all the animals were on it at the same time".  Carbon dating, anyone?

Rep:
Level 88
How exactly was the THEORY of evolution disproved?  I think it is much more likely than "god made the world 6000 years ago, all the animals were on it at the same time".  Carbon dating, anyone?
I meant with the thing that we came from monkeys.
That was diproved.

Rep:
Level 94
I'm sorry, I've waited long enough and I think its about time someone spoke up.

GET A FUCKING DICTIONARY

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Okay then. Let's say evolution is true.

Explain how complex systems emerged at the same time. If evolution is small changes over time, how is it that the Giraffe's neck got longer?

(Cobra's gonna laugh at this -- discussion in class)

The Giraffe's neck has special systems that without which the Giraffe's head would explode when it bent down. If the systems formed before the neck became longer, the the girraffe would die from blood depravation everytime it bent down.

Also Holkeye, I didn't edit what YOU wrote, I added a line that was not offensive at all. In a joking manner (even though what I said is true).

Also, (excuse my language please), never say that shit about me again. You can say whatever you want about me, but never say something as disgraceful as that again. "jesus fellating cross-up-the-ass bullshit preacher" -- I oughta kick your ass for saying something like that. You're lucky this is over the internet.

And what the heck does a dictionary have to do with anything? In another topic (perhaps this one) someone said that 'microevolution' was the wrong word for me to have used. I checked later and they were wrong.

There is nothing wrong with microevolution, SMALL changes within a species. But inter-species evolution DOES NOT EXIST. WE DID NOT COME FROM SHIT FLINGING MONKEYS.

(once again, I apologize for my language)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Also, (excuse my language please), never say that shit about me again. You can say whatever you want about me, but never say something as disgraceful as that again. "jesus fellating cross-up-the-ass bullshit preacher" -- I oughta kick your ass for saying something like that. You're lucky this is over the internet.
JESUS SAYS: TURN THE OTHER CHEEK.
Also don't curse, you dirty sinner.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
lol, and that proves what? That Jesus existed? That there is a God? Because there was ONE thing in the Bible that was later proved true? Just because one place that was mentioned in the Bible was found to have existed, that doesn't mean anything. That's like saying since there are presents underneath my tree Christmas morning, then Santa must exist, because they weren't there when I went to bed.
Interesting how people of that location and time period knew these things, ain't it?
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Here are my 10 reasons for not following the bible.

1. If God made us in his image why are we not invisable ?
2. If he made the world and the stars then the next day made light, that means he worked blind.
3. If Adam and Eve had two sons, so for use to continue that means Eve must have shagged them.
4. In the dawn of time man walked the Earth in the bible, yet dinosaurs had been here much longer.
5. Jesus grew up in Israel how comes Israelies see him as a profit not the son of God ?
6. Why would Jesus turn water into wine if in most religions drinking achole is unholy ?
7. Jesus had a child and a misses and they fled to France, why does the bible miss this point out ?
8. Most of the bible are blown up stories by people besotted with Jesus, why should we follow it ?
9. The Bible has no real time line, most of it is a right jumble and it's been re-written too many times.
10. Just cuz it's called the Gospel doesn't mean it's true.

The Bible sucks arse... Infact the only thing I would use it's pages for is just that, wiping my Butt !!!

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

LOL pulp fiction

and also wasnt the bible made like 200 years after theevent actully happend so explain that.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

LOL pulp fiction

and also wasnt the bible made like 200 years after theevent actully happend so explain that.

The Bible wasn't written 200 years before the events happened. O_o

The Old Testament was written throughout Israel's history, and the New Testament was written almost directly after the events happened.

@gonorrhoea - That has to do with physical abuse, and the Bible also says that we should protect our testimony. I realize cursing is a sin, but in essence, who made those bad words? God or man? I've already repented, but you can keep saying what you want about me.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!