RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
War on Iran... Your Opinions

Poll

Should we go to War with Iran ?

Yes
3 (15.8%)
No
11 (57.9%)
Not Bothered
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I agree with elegy i mean most people are proud of their country's when in reality there is nothing to be proud about, also the war on terrorism, england we had a bus and a tube bombs and some others so now we are involved, and more troops are being sent in but if we pulled out our troops wouldn't die or get injured, but then people will argue saying that they will take advantage and launch more attacks on both country's.   

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
There was a massive debate on TV last night on the middles East (Mainly focused on Iraq) but it included some very important people it was on BBC 1 and BBC World... there are some clips on their home page:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/default.stm

When it came to talking about the fight on Iran a few people looked very uncomfatble and they brushed it aside by asking another question rather than answering it.

At the moment desiding on how to move forward with Iraq was the main agender... Should it be seperated into 3 states or left as a whole as the different muslim factions are still at war with each other... Around 30 people die a day either side, due to them backing a different religion.

Muslim is such a strong faith, it's scary just how fanatical each side can be over some very simple ideals.

I hope we never have to go to war over religion, if we do I think it will be the biggest mistake ever.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
A continent is a pretty big thing to take from someone, if that isn't stealing, what is?
Conquering isn't stealing. It's also not relevant to the discussion at hand, ie Iran.

I agree with elegy i mean most people are proud of their country's when in reality there is nothing to be proud about, also the war on terrorism, england we had a bus and a tube bombs and some others so now we are involved, and more troops are being sent in but if we pulled out our troops wouldn't die or get injured, but then people will argue saying that they will take advantage and launch more attacks on both country's.
Oh, because so many Brits have been killed in Iraq. It's like World War I all over again!
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
World war 1 and 2 were wars of self defence, thats why they were a success and why no one hated the US afterwards.
For instance, in WW2, everyone pitched in and helped win the war against Hitler.

But thats because Hitler started the war.

If the US is going to wage war against Iran just because they are under the impression that Iran might possibly be a threat sometime in the future, people won't stand for it.
Pre-emptive attacks will never be justified.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Iraq
America seems to think as we are giving these Eastern countries a democracy that invading them is the right thing to do... Changing a country to a democracy through force I think is wrong... Simple reasons being is the people there have very little say or power compared to the Pockets of milita's.

Some of these Milita groups are backed by larger countries, and each side Are fairly well armed to match one and another, I think if we was to pull our forces out there would be a power stuggle, and those that could be elected into power through force or by votes may be no better than the regim before hand.

Iran
Funds a few of these milta groups, I think it supplies arms to both side... Iran and Iraq have come to blow's in the past under Saddam's rule, I doubt Iran will let that slide and will continue funding the blood shed in Iraq...

The East is not helping the East, they seem to be killing each other... I don't think it matters how long our troops stay there... We clear the violence from a street and move onto the next and as we are helping there the trouble soon ignites again in their area's just cleared.

Before we even try giving a democracy I think the Eastern world needs to look at things differently...

But... I doubt that will happen unless they are given a common goal like destroying the West... If there is one thing they hate more than their neighbouring states it's the Western world.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
A continent is a pretty big thing to take from someone, if that isn't stealing, what is?
Conquering isn't stealing. It's also not relevant to the discussion at hand, ie Iran.

Oh, because so many Brits have been killed in Iraq. It's like World War I all over again!

Oh im sorry because not many brits have been killed or injured that will win this debate right here, you fagot i bet if someone you knew or cared bout got killed in Iran then you would be singing praise on not going to war

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Cool it. Come back by putting in a good argument, not with petty name calling.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
fine

another that i think has been said hasn't Iran been developing nukes? Im sure they do now that would be a problem if there desprate and need a trump card even if we have nukes too they fire one and well does not need to be explained.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
World war 1 and 2 were wars of self defence, thats why they were a success and why no one hated the US afterwards.
For instance, in WW2, everyone pitched in and helped win the war against Hitler.
World War I was war of self defence? No, it was a war triggered by messy alliances- you can read about how it started on Wikipedia. Same with World War II, somewhat, Britain  entered the war because of the invasion of Poland (to simplify matters). Now, for the Soviets it was indeed a war of defence (although they did kind of partake in making Poland piecemeal initially), and for the war against the Japanese for the Americans.
So no, the war in Europe was started by Britain.
Oh and, I wasn't actually comparing the war in Iraq to WWI, I assumed that was obvious. Silly me.

If the US is going to wage war against Iran just because they are under the impression that Iran might possibly be a threat sometime in the future, people won't stand for it.
Pre-emptive attacks will never be justified.
Not necessarily true, if a nation may be a threat it will likely have much backing. However, I agree that there should not be an invasion of Iran. We don't need a third country in shambles to try and manage.

America seems to think as we are giving these Eastern countries a democracy that invading them is the right thing to do... Changing a country to a democracy through force I think is wrong... Simple reasons being is the people there have very little say or power compared to the Pockets of milita's.
It's difficult and it will take a while but I don't think it's impossible, and to be fair most Americans probably thought it'd be much easier- after all, who wouldn't want to live like the Americans? And America's 'rehabilitated' several countries in the past, so most people expected it to go along in like manner.

Before we even try giving a democracy I think the Eastern world needs to look at things differently...
That's a harsh generalisation against the Eastern world. There are democracies there, too.

But... I doubt that will happen unless they are given a common goal like destroying the West... If there is one thing they hate more than their neighbouring states it's the Western world.
... :|

Oh im sorry because not many brits have been killed or injured that will win this debate right here, you fagot i bet if someone you knew or cared bout got killed in Iran then you would be singing praise on not going to war
Fagot is the new fagget. Anyways, I've already said I'm against the war in Iran and furthermore shit like that happens, I obviously don't know how I'd react if a close friend or family member died in a war but that's no excuse for not going. PEOPLE DIE! Many of them are close to you, war's not glorious and anyone who says otherwise is a liar. Also I plan on going to war one day, so I may very well be one of the dead.

As for nukes, what the fuck?
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
gonorrhoea
Fagot is spelt Faggot not Fagget in the English Dictionary:- Faggot (epithet), a pejorative term for a gay or effeminate man

after all, who wouldn't want to live like the Americans?

Us English folk... Most dislike the American Voice, waste lines, comittal to flag and religion and your attitudes towards Gloabal warming... I don't think America is viewed in the same way it once was say 20 years ago... And the view is only getting Worst.

Paris_Hilton
Gono can be a little insenertive online... He may look a Faggot in real life, but that does not make him Gay, and to use the Word Faggot may offend those that are Gay.

Any Way Back on Topic

I was reading this artical the other day, I found it fairly interesting:- http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/842071.html

Could the Capture of the Brittish Navel Soliders be the Spark the USA needs to invade... Only time will tell...

I mean should Iran threaten to harm them unless the detainee's are released from their home land it will be seen as a terrorist demand...LOL

I know there is nothing funny about this situation... and I hope it de-esculates before it starts to kick off.

Iran: If U.S. starts war with us, it won't be the one that finishes

By Reuters

A senior Iranian military official warned the United States against launching any attack on the Islamic Republic, a news agency reported on Monday, two days after the United Nations imposed new sanctions on Iran.

"If America starts a war against Iran, it won't be the one who finishes it," Morteza Saffari, naval forces commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards, was quoted as saying by the ISNA news agency.

"Our people will not even allow one American soldier to enter our country," Saffari said.

International tension over Iran's disputed nuclear program
has risen in recent days, sending oil and gold prices higher. The West suspects Iran is seeking to make atom bombs, a charge Tehran denies.

Iran said on Sunday it would limit cooperation with the UN's nuclear watchdog and vowed not to halt its atomic
program "even for one second" after the Security Council voted to impose new arms and financial sanctions on Tehran.

On Friday, Iran's Revolutionary Guards seized 15 British navy personnel in the Gulf, sparking a diplomatic crisis.

The United States, which is leading efforts to isolate Iran over its nuclear ambitions, has said it prefers a diplomatic solution to the crisis but has not ruled out military options.

"We have the spirit of resistance and this is a factor to stop [them] Saffari said. "Our nation's unity and martyrdom-seeking spirit with God's help is always a guarantee for the Islamic Iran's resistance."

Iran to grant access to British detainees
Iran will grant British diplomats access to the 15 British detainees in Tehran, state-television IRIB reported Monday.

The British detainees had reportedly been held so far in a secret place where even British diplomats had no access. IRIB further quoted Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki as denying speculations over Iran's intention to exchange the British detainees with Iranian diplomats arrested by the United States in Iraq.

Mottaki further said in a press conference in New York that the charge against the British sailors arrested in Iran is illegal entry into Iranian waters. Some press reports had said the marines would be charged with espionage. Mottaki added that the issue is being currently under legal examination without giving any further details.

Foreign Ministry General Director Rahim Pour had on Sunday told British Ambassador to Tehran, Geoffrey Adams, that all 15 British detainees in Tehran were in good health.

The Iranian official added that despite the Persian New Year holidays (until April 2), relevant Iranian officials were following the issue. He added that Iran has constantly tried to show restraint in border conflicts but "violation [of Iranian territory] and contradictory remarks by relevant British officials have caused some reactions within [Iranian] people and officials."

"Therefore, such suspicious moves require accurate and documented investigations," the Foreign Ministry official said. The tone from Tehran on Sunday was considered by observers as softer than in the first 48 hours following the arrest of the British service people in the Persian Gulf, indicating that Iran was looking for a way to settle the issue without further escalating the crisis.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:30:33 PM by landofshadows »

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
gonorrhoea
Fagot is spelt Faggot not Fagget in the English Dictionary:- Faggot (epithet), a pejorative term for a gay or effeminate man
Catch the joke then?

Us English folk... Most dislike the American Voice, waste lines, comittal to flag and religion and your attitudes towards Gloabal warming... I don't think America is viewed in the same way it once was say 20 years ago... And the view is only getting Worst.
You missed the point, I realise plenty of people don't. I was merely stating that many Americans don't look at it that way.

Gono can be a little insenertive online... He may look a Faggot in real life, but that does not make him Gay, and to use the Word Faggot may offend those that are Gay.
You've never even seen me in real life :|

Could the Capture of the Brittish Navel Soliders be the Spark the USA needs to invade... Only time will tell...

I mean should Iran threaten to harm them unless the detainee's are released from their home land it will be seen as a terrorist demand...LOL

I know there is nothing funny about this situation... and I hope it de-esculates before it starts to kick off.
SEND IN DELTA FORCE!
And maybe they can fail like back in 1980! :D

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Yes because sending in a team of highly trained operatives will not spark of a war now will it 

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
You've never even seen me in real life :|

You said it your self you look like Bin Larden... He looks like a Faggot... LOL

SEND IN DELTA FORCE!
And maybe they can fail like back in 1980!

Or the AA team... Hold on I don't think Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors are to much this weekend... Oh and for a bowl of Felix I think the Thundercats will be up for a ruck !!!

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
You said it your self you look like Bin Larden... He looks like a Faggot... LOL
I DO NOT!
It was some fuckwit that said that :(

Or the AA team... Hold on I don't think Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors are to much this weekend... Oh and for a bowl of Felix I think the Thundercats will be up for a ruck !!!
I do not understand these British culture references.

Yes because sending in a team of highly trained operatives will not spark of a war now will it
Congratulations for totally missing sarcasm. Come on, that was obvious even for the Internet!

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
It was some fuckwit that said that
Oooops Sorry.

Any way Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors was a Cartoon aired on Sky around 1992... Thunder cats Has now gone to DVD that was originaly aired around in 1988... and I ment the A Team every one knows the A team ?? (Don't they ?)

Jayce

Thunder Cats

A Team

Any way back to topic

Latest on the Events that MAY lead to a War:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6501555.stm

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 08:01:49 AM by landofshadows »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91