RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
War on Iran... Your Opinions

Poll

Should we go to War with Iran ?

Yes
3 (15.8%)
No
11 (57.9%)
Not Bothered
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Ruhani, you should become a freedom fighter for the Muslim cause. Go fight young soldier! Fight the American infidel, scum of the earth!

ALLAHU AQBAR!
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Dark_Prince - Pegasus Saga
Rep:
Level 92
Ruhani, you should become a freedom fighter for the Muslim cause. Go fight young soldier! Fight the American infidel, scum of the earth!

ALLAHU AQBAR!

You really are hitting the government where it hurts most.  Yeah right.  Bush doesn't give a damn about the people in America.  If America gets nuked, he'll probably be hiding some place under ground like a coward and the rest of America dying.  If Bush wants to fight Iran, he should fight it himself, he'll probably send laura to do his work instead.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I think there is a fair bit of confussion in regards to Shi'a & Sunni...

Also there has been a fair bit of recent talks between North Korea and the Easten Muslim states with the USA, there is a slow progess being made...

I very much doubt the way things are panning out now there will be a War.

But if there was one, I think regardless of id a Muslim is Shi'a or Sunni would factor, I mean the Koran that they follow does say an attack on a muslim is an attack on your self, and I think that one passage could turn the War into a war against muslims... West Vs East

(The Above is a very simple outline)

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.

ALLAHU AQBAR!

Really mature... Simpleton.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
iran is sunni dude, prolly like 1/5th the countries i listed are shi`a
...wow...just...wow...dude you do realize Iran a Shia theocracy(well now a bit more a democracy)
and Iran has the largest Shia population in world but none of that matters because nobody would seriously consider war against Iran(well not a all out invasion) NOT because Sunni Arabs unite to help them but America will be smart enough not to overexpanded there forces(there already perty spread thin in just iraq and Afghanistan. 
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Really mature... Simpleton.
You haven't been banned yet? :/
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91

ALLAHU AQBAR!

You just pretty much called some one a terrorist...

I would much rather be called a simpleton tham a Terrorist or extreamist muslim.

Back to Topic - War on Iran... Your Opinions

Many promises and words being spoken at the moment between heads of states could be full of black clouds, trying to mask their true agenders... I hope some truth is in what the officials in Iran are saying that they will help dissarm terrorist cells.  The only problem I see in that is Iran view Israel as a terrorist state, I really don't know what to make of the whole of the Eastern world at the moment every thing is upside down.

In Iraq you have freedom fighters giving aid to their factions, you have a great mistrust from the public against the forces their to protect them, they would much rather have aid from their own malitia.  You have a fight for power to become the next head of state and the peace keepers are talking about leaving.

Should we leave Iraq, I wonder if Iran will stop fueling the terrorist factions, or if they will continue as they know it may grant them more land/power in Iraq.

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Simple if you look at it from irans point of veiw the U.S.A troopos are invading there contry and they are only protecting there land but just becuase the US are fighting for a good reson 9/11 but they got sadam yet there still fighting and i still dont get that.

Rep:
Level 88
The US try to use 9/11 as their own personal Holocaust, everything they do is somehow magically justified by going "9/11 made me do it.."

But thing is, 9/11 wasn't that big of a tragedy.
Only 3000ish deaths, thats nothing compared to most horrid things in the world right now.

The only reason it has been getting as much attention as it has, is because americans consider american lives worth more than everyone elses, and last time I checked that was called racism.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I say bush is an idiot, ok sure 9/11 was bad and i understand wanting to get sadam and all them but they got him and hanged him (I still dont get why they went crazy when it was put on you tube) they should of stopped after that i mean now soldiers are dying for nothing just becuse they think there fighting for somthing.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
You just pretty much called some one a terrorist...
I was being facetious, he's not smart enough to pull off any such attacks of any level!

I would much rather be called a simpleton tham a Terrorist or extreamist muslim.
Some kids called me Osama bin Laden because of my skin colour and physique :(

The only problem I see in that is Iran view Israel as a terrorist state, I really don't know what to make of the whole of the Eastern world at the moment every thing is upside down.
The Middle East is upfucked, it's no secret! There are obviously very complex relations and problems riddled throughout the region and quite a bit of factionalism.

In Iraq you have freedom fighters giving aid to their factions, you have a great mistrust from the public against the forces their to protect them, they would much rather have aid from their own malitia.  You have a fight for power to become the next head of state and the peace keepers are talking about leaving.
oh noes

Should we leave Iraq, I wonder if Iran will stop fueling the terrorist factions, or if they will continue as they know it may grant them more land/power in Iraq.
Think about this, what's Iran going to do? Do you honestly think it's not going to exploit that!?

Simple if you look at it from irans point of veiw the U.S.A troopos are invading there contry and they are only protecting there land but just becuase the US are fighting for a good reson 9/11 but they got sadam yet there still fighting and i still dont get that.
Saddam... didn't have anything to do with 9/11.

The only reason it has been getting as much attention as it has, is because americans consider american lives worth more than everyone elses, and last time I checked that was called racism.
It's not racism you fuck, it's an attack on one's country and shows obvious flaws in security as well as showing that there's an enemy out there that wants to kill you for being American. So yeah, they're going to pay attention and seek retribution. And of course, you'd be thinking quite differently if, say, 3,000 people were killed in a bombing raid by America (or any of the European powers) in Iraq. Because they're poor innocent little Iraqis. Racist! :O

I say bush is an idiot, ok sure 9/11 was bad and i understand wanting to get sadam and all them but they got him and hanged him (I still dont get why they went crazy when it was put on you tube) they should of stopped after that i mean now soldiers are dying for nothing just becuse they think there fighting for somthing.
You fill me with rage.

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
 :shroom: Hell we should have just nuked the fuck out of them! I don't fucking care about whether or not it is morally exceptable! It would eliminate all of the problems.

Also, I own a copy of the Koran, and it states clearly that the will of Allah is that you cleanse Earth of non-beleivers!

I mean what the fuck?!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
Um buddy if you drop a nuke your own country won't exist for much longer and as for that quote your mistranslating it.

It's not racism you fuck, it's an attack on one's country and shows obvious flaws in security as well as showing that there's an enemy out there that wants to kill you for being American. So yeah, they're going to pay attention and seek retribution. And of course, you'd be thinking quite differently if, say, 3,000 people were killed in a bombing raid by America (or any of the European powers) in Iraq. Because they're poor innocent little Iraqis. Racist! :O
Actually Iraq killed amarincan soldiers in the 90's. You really didn't do anything. The government plays thing down when it doesn't benefit them and overplays things they can take advantage of.
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Well no shit?
Also you missed the point of that quote.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11,_2001_attacks

:/

This isn't about oil.

Excuse me, wasn't. Now we're in overseas for two reasons -

1.) Fighting terrorism.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21423064-401,00.html

2.) Because we can't get out.

EDIT :

The US try to use 9/11 as their own personal Holocaust, everything they do is somehow magically justified by going "9/11 made me do it.."

But thing is, 9/11 wasn't that big of a tragedy.
Only 3000ish deaths, thats nothing compared to most horrid things in the world right now.

Just because others don't defend themselves when they're attacked doesn't mean we're about to back down. Also, the only reason it's been getting as much attention as it is, is because  nobody will drop the issue. You hear more about 9/11 in other countries than you do in the US. You rarely hear about it now.

To be honest I'm ashamed of most people in my country, they claim to be Americans but then spit on those protecting our freedom that our fathers died to protect. They've completely forgotten the significance of 9/11.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:11:36 AM by Tsunokiette »
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
They've completely forgotten the significance of 9/11.

I hope by this you mean that it illustrated the dangers of poor airport security and made Americans aware of changes in the world since the end of the USSR (although I wouldn't say that they've become more knowledgeable about them).

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
They've completely forgotten the significance of 9/11.

I hope by this you mean that it illustrated the dangers of poor airport security and made Americans aware of changes in the world since the end of the USSR (although I wouldn't say that they've become more knowledgeable about them).

No. By this I meant they've forgotten the pain and heartbreak 1000's felt that day. As well as the terror.

Also -

That number was only the ammount of bodies they FOUND. There were thousands upon thousands of bodies they never found. Do you know why? Because they were completely destroyed during the attack. NOTHING LEFT.

Question: Do you think this man deserved to die?

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/btk/index_1.html

Also, please note that this DOES have to do with the discussion.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
Thousands feel pain and heartbreak every day.

Rep:
Level 88
Quote from: gon

Actually I don't discriminate between countries, attempts to play on some twisted sense of pride due to being born in a specific part of the world is wasted on me.
I don't care if you're American, Hungarian, Brittish, Iraqi, Japanese or Mongolian.
It doesn't matter, 3000 is still only 3000, it's not a large amount of people.

Quote from: Tsunokiette
To be honest I'm ashamed of most people in my country, they claim to be Americans but then spit on those protecting our freedom that our fathers died to protect. They've completely forgotten the significance of 9/11.

Yawn, all of the so called Americans are descendants of theives and murderers, who stole the country from the natives, don't you realize theres absolutely nothing to be proud of?

And I know there is going to be so much whining about that comment, but it's not my fault, I didn't write history.
Don't blame me just because I'm not pretending that the US is built on equality and fairness.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I hereby decree this post:

POINTLESS AND UNRESOLVABLE

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
 >:( Jesus! I'm tiredof hearing about 9/11! I've had it shoved down my throat for 6 years almost. Some people died. I'm not completely insensitive, I definitely know what it feels like to lose someone, but my God, you get over it. Aside from that, it was actually good for America too! It lowered our population that only India has beaten.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
China and India are both more populous. Also they need fewer people.

Furthermore, Elegy your idiocy is starting to become scary.

Rep:
Level 88
Is that your best insult? I'm sorry if you feel it's unfair that history didn't happen the way you would have wanted it to.
So, by calling me an idiot, do you feel you have somehow undermined my point?

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
You obviously do not know anything about history.

Yawn, all of the so called Americans are descendants of theives and murderers, who stole the country from the natives, don't you realize theres absolutely nothing to be proud of?
Yes, there was quite a bit of unfairness (many massacres and all that fun stuff), but to characterise all the colonists as 'thieves' and 'murderers' is rather unfair in and of itself- most were just trying to get by. Also try to understand the occurances from a contemporary societal and political perspective.

Rep:
Level 88
A continent is a pretty big thing to take from someone, if that isn't stealing, what is?
I am well aware of the political circumstances etc. surrounding the immigration, but that doesn't justify the immense loss the world has suffered due to it.

My point still remains, most countries are alot of things, but they sure as hell aren't something to be proud of.