RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
WAR! WHAT IS GOOD FOR!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Err...Iran is a sizeable opponent, at least compared to Iraq. NOt to mention that would stretch our forces even THINNER, given the distance. It's really, really, REALLY not a risk we need to take.

Rep:
Level 89
I rally dought that we really get benefit for beating a war i think that most enemys get benefit than us even if we won that war. example if random small island declaed war than was defeated in two months then we'll just give a crap load of stuff for loosing the war.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I just want to have my say of war. Like any human I dislike war. But then again, war is something that we all need. War reduces world populations, let us express our anger and taste for blood. We are animals and it is natural for us to be violent. Plus, war also brings about great inventions. Nuclear power, radar, faster planes, medicine, we are all refined a created through armed conflict. Also, animals work great when calmed, but we work greater when our own lives are at stake.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
War just wastes resources and lives of humans.

If humans were not stuck up ass holes, and none of them wanted any more than what they had, ware would never had been "invented"

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
If humans were not stuck up ass holes, and none of them wanted any more than what they had, ware would never had been "invented"

We wouldn't have had the emancipation of slaves or women if people were satisfied with their lot in life. Of course, there wouldn't have been slaves in the first place. Now that I think of it, we wouldn't have anything. Humans would be nothing more than hunter-gatherers if everyone was as resigned to their situation as you wish they were.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 08:33:15 PM by Saladin »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
War is cruel, but it's not pointless. Maybe it's a part of evolution? Natural selection, the strongest will survive, etc.? Lots of lives might be lost in a war, but it's for a greater goal. I'm against war, but I know why it happens and why it sometimes is good.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
I'm completely against war. (big shock)
I can understand why people wage wars, but I still believe that it's pointless.
In my opinion, war creates animosity and spite, and that creates more war, and more animosity, and round and round it goes.

Take the US' war on terrorism, before that started, you never heard about terrorists.
But now it's a major problem, seems like for every terrorist cell they kill, 10 new ones, driven by hatred, are created.

But people seem to enjoy murdering eachother, so wars will always exist.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
GTFO MY THREAD.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Wars will always be natural part of humanity. We will still fight phsyically even though it is againest the social norms. We are animals and we will act and react as animals. There is always be a "bad guy" or friction in this world.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I believe, war is an act of stupidity. There has been some good out of it, but it could of been achieved by simple intelligence as well.

When you and your older sister fight over who goes on the computer, you usually end up bashing the hell out of each other. My solution is let the stupid governor fight his/her own battles. If countries hated    Australia's Prime Minister, they should go to his face and give him a whack in his fat mouth.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 96
...So are you for or against war? The first sentence says against, but the rest... ???

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I'm against, just if they really wanted to fight over territory like dogs then they should do it themselves, not get others involved.

~Winged

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
Good idea, let Bush go get killed in Iran if thats what he wants, no one will miss him.
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 96
Right. He doesn't matter as anything but a catalyst at this point. If he dies, it's just another excuse for us to stay there- much like it would have been if they had gotten Cheney. As much as could care less about him, we need to keep him alive and safe; possibly from his own cabinet.

Rep:
Level 87
Kazuki is my love <3
People believe war is human nature, but animals kill each other all the time. We are no different from animals, it is nature my friends.

Long opinion short: War is inevitable, fucked up people will always exist among us.

and if you still arent convinced, read this quote:

"They dream of a world without war, a world without hate. We dream of attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:50:44 PM by Kazuki »

_____________________________ k a z u k i _ s t u d i o s
<KaireiIsORANGE> but I have many fat ones that would pay to lick your toes

Rep:
Level 88
I'm completely against war. (big shock)
I can understand why people wage wars, but I still believe that it's pointless.
In my opinion, war creates animosity and spite, and that creates more war, and more animosity, and round and round it goes.

Take the US' war on terrorism, before that started, you never heard about terrorists.
But now it's a major problem, seems like for every terrorist cell they kill, 10 new ones, driven by hatred, are created.

But people seem to enjoy murdering eachother, so wars will always exist.

That's so right. I think there will always be war and that people benefit from war but other people don't. It doesn't exactly all up up good. War is inevitable, and for one party it's a good thing - for the other it isn't. In the end I have a feeling that a country will grow so power hungry as to try and take over a vast majority of the world. Sounds stupid, I know. *COUGHIraqCOUGH*

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I think war is an extended version of fights over territory and mating rights in the animal world.

~Winged