RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Origin Of Your Username

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Some people have names that are really obvious where they got it from. Others have completely original or horribly obscure names. So, give us the small behind-the-scenes of why you choose your name. Where did it come from? Why that particular name?

My full username is Bayard Zylos because I grew up as a mega Sega Genesis fan. "Bayard" is taken directly from the character of the same name from the game Warsong. It was one of the first games I ever played, and the character was always my favorite. I got the name "Zylos" from the character Zylo from Shining Force. Should be fairly obvious why that particular character. I've changed a lot over the years, but the name has always stuck with me no matter how unoriginal it is.

What's the origin of YOUR usernames?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ask my mom
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Skanker started as a kind of inside joke between my friends, stuck with it for a long time (It was a dancing fad thing, lingered around longer than we thought it would). I only use it in various chats and stuff like that though. Ferenn was some sort of french analogy, I forget. 's my usual forum name though. Doubt Rasse needs an explanation .-.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Mine came when I first saw Alien Soldier for the Sega Mega Driver on a emulator. It was actually a long time a go when I used to have my old computer and back then I didn't remember what game was it, until I downloaded the Sega Genesis emulator (again) on my computer and was checking for a different game that I was playing that I still don't remember (It was some kid having animal partners) and coincidentally I found the game and grew fond of the game. I was gonna use the name by the main character but I didn't know his name because I always skipped the intro because of Engrish, but apparently it's name is "Epsilon-Eagle" (I'll use it next time I decide to change name).

The one I'm using now is my e-mail address. I never knew that it was from a show until now.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Chewing gum.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
An act of God! It came to pass that I was meditating on Mt. Sinai and I was to open my eyes and see before me a textbook that was burning without being consumed. I approached it and a voice thundered in my head to choose the name of that textbook for my online interactions. The rest is history.

And yes, I knew this was not funny long before I posted it. It just seems less boring than the truth.

EDIT::

And no, this doesn't contradict my other account.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:22:32 AM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
My first name was "Final-Knight" which is an annoying noobish name cause I thought it was cool.

My current name, Revo, came from my obsession with the music group "Sound Horizon". The leader/composer of the group is named "Revo". I thought it was a pretty awesome name, so I got it changed.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Didn't we already have this thread? :x

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Comes from Nanoha Strikers Character

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Rasse called me Anski back before he hated me because my name is Andreas :*
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm an art kid. I love graphic arts and design, so hence the phonetic as ~grafikal. I also used to be apart of this forum in large part to just submit or answer graphic resource requests. And then back when I used to have the 007 at the end, is because I'm a James Bond fan.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Self Explanatory

also pronounced it sounds like my initials but meh.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I don't know. ;_;

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
alright, my first name was fantasy dragon, from when i was like eight. I thought it sounded cool. I was wrong. *shame.*

My current name, kitkatkan, was partially derived from my name(Kathryn) and my comic, kitkatkomic (Kitkat watches all of you shudder) but in the end I have no fucking clue when or why i came up with it.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Zylos' boyfriend. <3
Rep:
Level 84
I am wolf, hear me howl.
Really, I just got sick of my name being so annoyingly common (seriously, at the private college I go to, I know about ten other Johns T~T) that I decided to go with something unique. I liked "Zeke" for a while, but then that just didn't stick, so it progressed to "Zeich" somehow. That one stuck. And for those of you who don't know, it's pronounced "Zike."

...And apparently my name is German for "Underwriting," though I didnt know it was German at all. T~T

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Shortened version of a really bizarre name I came up with a long time ago.

I believe it was Kiet Maj de Tsuno. (Key-ey' mazh day sue-no)

Took the end and the beginning and came up with Tsunokiette.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Zylos' boyfriend. <3
Rep:
Level 84
I am wolf, hear me howl.
http://www.nuklearpower.com

8-Bit Theater for the win! ^^

Do you avatar for a brainless fighter too? =O

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I did when I joined, three and a half years ago.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
That was also when there was no size limit on avatars. Your avatar was really tiny and I remember some people had hugemongous avatars that stretched the page out. ._. [/random]
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
That was also when there was no size limit on avatars. Your avatar was really tiny and I remember some people had hugemongous avatars that stretched the page out. ._. [/random]
I still have it :)

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Rasse called me Anski back before he hated me because my name is Andreas :*

I don't hate you though? .-.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
R y a n L e b e r
     a
r
           l
             e
        n
                     r
                  e
  y
               b

arlenreyb -> arlen

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
Filling in the bubbles for my name on scantrons is my favourite part.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Pokemon!
I named my player Jack (I really don't know why...) and my Vinesaur (spelling?) Rex. I actually changed it ever now and then when I'd restart because I got sick of it, but my friend complained and restarted my game with Jack and Rex... :P
I still am kinda sick of them name, but oh wells...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nightwolf.

I hate mortal kombat, but I kept the name because I was like, 11 then and thought that night was awesome and wolves were awesome. But I constantly change it, to like Agent or SpeedRacer because Nightwolf isn't so cool ;-;

But it's my identity

AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE IN ME.
just like halo :*
Arlen is hot.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
     a
r
           l
             e
        n
                     r
                  e
  y
               b
Where did you even come up with putting your letters in that order?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
     a
r
           l
             e
        n
                     r
                  e
  y
               b
Where did you even come up with putting your letters in that order?
I came up with Arlen because it's already a real name, and I thought it was a cool sounding name, so I went from there and just randomly assigned the remaining letters.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Alren and I are somewhat similar in that regard. My username originated as Rynex, which is a bastardization of my real name, Ryan. Someone randomly blurted Ryosis out over MSN, and it kind of stuck.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku