RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Custom Action Battle system in rm2k3??

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Hey, does anyone know how to make a nice ABS for Rm2k3, because i'm starting to hate the regular battle system... And walking around with a sword killing things Rulz way better than regular...

Can anyone make a tutorial?
Current Game:
Hero I - Ephren's Journey (In progress)
Devlog: www.herothefirst.blogspot.com

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I don't think you could make ABS for 2k3 unless perhaps you did it with events... even still, the end result would be rather tacky.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
No you can definately do it.

deadly diablo can do it, I know he can, and there are several other people here I'm sure that can.

There's probably a tutorial of it here somewhere, you just gotta search. If there isn't, it shouldn't be too hard to find, or you can wait for someone else to tell you how.
:tinysmile:

Trust me, i've seen it plenty o' times, and it's looked pretty great!
the only thing is that i have no clue what the hell the person did to get that sweet result... i just want a tutorial on how to make one...
Current Game:

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
i could also do with a tut for that....
ill search thw whole forum and give back results :D

Rep:
Level 91
it's quite easy to do it with events though it gets hard if you start thinking of stuff like "hi how come my range attack can ignore walls??"

but when it comes to melee attacks it's really just simple delays and damages system, not hard, shame it can't be connected with a damage showing script but you can always make number animation judging by the damage.

basicly what you need to do is make a parallel process that checks if you hit the attack button, make the attack animation, add delay and check if there are enemy events around you (assuming you have range, if there are enemies around your range tiles) then you make a damage calculating system like power-defense=damage, add a hit animation, maybe numbers animations to show damage and that's it

then you make new buttons for new attacks and you are done with the player

then you make events which do the same though attack at random and only if the player enters their range
holy shit my sig was big!

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
KEY INPUT PROCESSING but it would take forever

Rep:
Level 91
why the hell key input processing when "if key is pressed" is builded inside conditional branches?
you can save an entire line and a variable..

but you still need to think more about it..

what if you attack, don't you want range? skills? how much damage does it do? how do enemies react? what's your delay? how the fuck did you want to lose if you got instant attack? how the hell did you expect to win if the enemy can instantly attack?

so on and so on, then you want to show the damage, and you only want to attack if you are facing the enemies' directions

there is alot to program in it but it's quite easy
holy shit my sig was big!

*Sigh* Confusing??

I might as well just copy it from 'Curse of Silence' and change it a bit...

*2 years later*
Yaaa!!

Wait.. damit! i'm still having a bit of trouble!
Current Game: