RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Yeah, uh

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Don't get too excited, probably none of you will like this because it's.... atonal! I've been awake since Saturday morning, and tonight (well, Sunday night, it's Monday morning here) I started working on this for some reason. Normally I hate atonal music but I kind of like this. At the very least, not bad for a few hours' work.

I'll just leave this here.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:42:18 AM by irock »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Sounds like you either had a choice of becoming an alcoholic and repressing a lifetime of confused feelings or expressing everything into 3 minutes of "Why the fuck not?"

I dig it.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
So was this fueled mostly by random choices, or did you actually write up a tone row and follow a system when you wrote this?

Technicalities aside, I do like it. It has a lot of character, and an innate kind of narrative to it.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
What amazes me about atonal music is that it all tends to sound the same to me. One would think it'd be the complete opposite, given what it is.

Honestly, this wouldn't be as good as it is if it weren't for the instrumentation you chose. Just please don't turn into Danny Elfman. lol

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
So was this fueled mostly by random choices, or did you actually write up a tone row and follow a system when you wrote this?

Technicalities aside, I do like it. It has a lot of character, and an innate kind of narrative to it.

Pretty much random choices.

What amazes me about atonal music is that it all tends to sound the same to me. One would think it'd be the complete opposite, given what it is.

Honestly, this wouldn't be as good as it is if it weren't for the instrumentation you chose. Just please don't turn into Danny Elfman. lol

The instrumentation was actually something I did put a lot of thought into! It started out with brass but I decided to cut them out completely. This was a one-shot kind of thing, so no more Elfmanisms.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:28:00 PM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile: