RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] New Series: "Random Improv"

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
So I decided to start recording myself whenever I sit down at the piano and mess around, since I tend to come up with something interesting ... and then forget it once I stop.

BUT NO MORE!

Check it out, it's good background music.

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleber/piano-improv-001
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:46:31 AM by irock »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Ugh, I hate it when I do that. I come home every day and start messing around on the piano, only to realise I don't have any paper or a computer to notate what I'm doing. I need to get a keyboard and hook it up to Sibelius. In any case, that is some great music. I struggle to make suspensions like that on the spot.
I'm feeling behind, I'll have to post a composition up here soon.
Great stuff Arl.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 96
Thanks, man. :)

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleber/piano-improv-002

I did another. I was still inspired. :O

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Both of these are just beautiful. Reminds me a lot of Minecraft's music, but in a good way. :)

How did you record this?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Reminds me a lot of Minecraft's music, but in a good way.
The only way it could be bad is by plagarism.
Minor seventh is my favourite interval. Just think it's funky, even in classical styles. I could definetely have a great conversation over that piece of music. Do you make any mistakes in your recordings and edit them out (somehow), or are you just that incredible?
Of course, the answer is the latter. Great stuff.

Rep:
Level 96
Lol, here's the secret.

That isn't a real piano, it's a virtual instrument (that's over 50GB in size) playing back MIDI data. I record myself playing, yes, but I'm just recording MIDI data into Logic, which means I can edit each note individually, how hard it's pressed, how long, which note, etc ect. Honestly, I don't do that much editing. It's mostly timing. I tend to relax and take my time when I play these in, and then I edit out all the dead space and give the improv a better sense of timing and movement. Of course, in the rare instance of a missed note, I can fix that as well, since it's just MIDI.

Don't tell anyone! :V

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
Musician for hire
Nice music you've got there. I'll "follow" you on soundcloud ;) (samthemetalman)

Rep:
Level 96
I made another one, with strings. :)

Thanks for the listens/follows!

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleber/string-improv-001

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
If I turn this in to a piece, I think I'll call it "F."
And with what better reasoning to do so. There's one the whole time.
The feel of this one is different, I don't think I'd be able to have a conversation and enjoy this at the same time. IMO, it's a listening piece. The suspensions are beautiful though.

Thanks for the listens/follows!
You follow me, I follow you. :P
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:27:08 AM by Welfare-Daddy Pacman »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Very awesome. :3 I wish I could just play like that. But I guess my 8 years of lessons faded too much to just play like this. It sounds really awesome and it's very, very relaxing. You can just sit back, do something else while listening to this awesome random piano music. Like you said.

Love your string improv, that's my favorite instrument as well. :D
  -