RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What has RPG Maker XP taught me?

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I used to be one of those arrogant gamers who'd complain about game developer not going the extra mile, and not making a game with true innovations, and exciting gameplay.  But now that I've dabbled a bit with creating a game, I've have a much higher appreciation for games and game developers.  Even using a tool which provides a high level of functionality, aka RPG Maker XP, there's still a whole lot to do in creating a game.  And my appreciation of people who can generate exciting and good looking maps, character sprites, backdrops, etc... has increased as well. RPG Maker XP has taught me to be a bit more tolerant of games and game developers.

Anyone else with any insight into gaming they've learned by using RPG Maker that they'd care to share?

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Well, I used to be alot like that. Constantly complaining about the games that are released. Why this is this and blah blah blah.
I've started to fool around with rpgmaker 2003, XP and VX since. But you could say that now I greatly appreciate the rpg's that
I play.

But yeah, trying to create your own game will definitely make you see what those game making companies have to go thru. Well,
a little anyway.  :D

Rep:
Level 85
Destiny's Corpse
I know right? I used to be such an arse about it all, and so blissfully ignorant. *Sight*

~~~
PAncho :mex: