RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Map: Farm [UPDATED!]

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
Hello,

So I just started mapping in RMXP and I just finished a map. Please tell me what you think, and if you have any idea's please post. Want to let this be a good farm map. :)

It's a small farm, 30x19...

Old:
http://www.imgdumper.com/file/img/2007/oct/12/img/v2z1waw5b240ainh2s5x62fr1.png

NEW:

Thanks,
Xikeon.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 08:36:13 AM by Xikeon »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Only real problem I see it, I don't think farms have that many scarecows. O_O
I think 1-2 would be enough.

And, when you are making anything natural,  remember nature is random.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
Ok thanks, I'll remove some.

And yea I know, I think it's random already :P As I just click here and there with my mouse for the plants and such.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
This should probably be in discussion

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Indeed it should be in discussion. Actually, I should have merged it with the screenshot thread. Oh well, can't undo that. :3

Your mapping isn't random enough. Make the mountain cliffs more random, rather than having them in straight lines. It isn't natural. You need to toss some dirt on the ground. Terrain in real life isn't just grass. Maybe add some more plants, and do something with that empty land within the fence. The whole water/scarecrow/farmthing doesn't mix well. The farm crop dirt pile things are normally in long rows, filled with crops.

You could certainly improve a lot.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:47:59 PM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
My bad. I thought it should be in the other forum cause in the description it had "Rate".. :P

Banned
Rep:
Level 91
I AM A MASSIVE FAGGOT
You could improve ALOT.

Remember, nature is random, NEVER make symmetrical tree's like that, or a rock with 4 flowers around it.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Read the mapping tuts on the tutorial database.
It'll help you improve.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
You could improve ALOT.

Remember, nature is random, NEVER make symmetrical tree's like that, or a rock with 4 flowers around it.
Those around the house could be planted by themselves ;) I have the same, sorta, at my house here. ;) (Or did you mean somewhere else? :P)

I'll fix the flowers ;)

I'll upload the new version soon :)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
For the scarecrows, make one big ugly Zypher type scarecrow right at the centre of the feild.
And one in the centre line of the 3 mud lines, or whatever they're called.
And use the round tool for water and all sometimes, it gives randomness.
AND the feilds look empty with only 3 plants, even if it's a new feild make some stuff on it.
ANDDDDD good luck with the improved version.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
Ok, I posted the new version. Hope it's improved :)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
In the feild of the right side scarecrow, to the left of the crow, outside the feild, one block below near the fence there is a small bush like the ones on the feild and one in the right too(not the flowere one).

I think it'd be better without them.

I'm not an expert in Xp, i use the other ones so i think someone who has better experience and has the program will help you bettarrrrr.

But it's good, like, 6.7-7.6/10 lol.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Now do you know who I am??
Hm, I don't know how. I don't know when....

Isn't that the exact same map Bulls posted on his Gatekeeper game or something. I swear I've seen it before.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
The cliifs are way to straight. You need ti fix them lees straight.

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
The cliffs at the bottom or also at the top?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Maybe this will help you with your cliffs.

Spoiler for:
Straight Cliff
Don't make your cliffs straight! It just doesn't look natural.

Randomize It!
Make your cliffs random. It looks a lot nicer, and more realistic.

Rep:
Level 86
It's The Avatar!
Ok I'll have a look at it.

@keyblade_bearer:
I made this one myself, no tuts or w/e ;)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Oh My Irock, that's totally awesome.

You should actually do what Zhugrock says.
Arlen is hot.

Banned
Rep:
Level 91
I AM A MASSIVE FAGGOT
I see a couple mapping errors.

Mainly that tree over the water, and the fact that real farmland is larger, and water runs on either side, not every couple feet.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Look at more maps, study and practice more.
You keep making mapping flaws... 
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
If i still have XP, i can try and make it good for you.
THough i suck more than anyone in XP.
Arlen is hot.